Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

With Houston in need should Otis match? Barnes info(Denton & Povtak)

Here are my thoughts:

At first thought, I thought that Houston wouldn't think about trading Battier for Tat. That said...

They should be getting to the point of desperation. They NEED Tat. They added Airiza (AND guaranteed him starters minutes). But the biggest factor here, is that McGrady will be back. This means,

Gortat

Scola

Airiza

McGrady

Brooks

Therefore, I do believe they could part ways with Battier. They need a Center more than they need Battier.

I find it very hard to believe that Houston would give up Lowry. The PG lineup of Brooks&Lowry has proven to be effective and they are their only two PGs, though T-Mac will bring the ball up from time to time.

I DO NOT believe that Barnes will be demanding minutes. It seems to me that Barnes is wanting to win. His agent has been in Orlando for a week trying to get him here. He's more eager to be here than Otis is to have him. Sure he'll be a great fit, and he will get minutes, but not starter minutes...whether we add another wing player or not.

No way do we get Josh Howard for Tat...nor should we want him. Now, HE is a guy that will demand starters minutes. He has been proven to have a bad attitude, has made some stupid decisions, and has had run-ins with team mates and coaching staff before. I would find it hard to believe that Dallas would make that deal anyway.

If they don't get Tat, but keep Howard:

Nowitzki

Marion

Howard

Terry

Kidd

or

Dampier

Nowitzki

Marion

Howard

Kidd

aka...they shouldn't be that desperate for Tat that they give up a talent in Howard.

AND, I think we should be wanting another big more than we want another wing...especially one that could cause problems.

As crazy as it for me to say, a Gortat-Battier swap wouldn't shock me. Now THAT would be huge.

Dwight/Signing

Bass/Anderson

Lew/Battier

VC/Peaches

Meer/AJ/Signing

My oh friggin my.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Here are my thoughts:

At first thought, I thought that Houston wouldn't think about trading Battier for Tat. That said...

They should be getting to the point of desperation. They NEED Tat. They added Airiza (AND guaranteed him starters minutes). But the biggest factor here, is that McGrady will be back. This means,

Gortat

Scola

Airiza

McGrady

Brooks

Therefore, I do believe they could part ways with Battier. They need a Center more than they need Battier.

I find it very hard to believe that Houston would give up Lowry. The PG lineup of Brooks&Lowry has proven to be effective and they are their only two PGs, though T-Mac will bring the ball up from time to time.

I DO NOT believe that Barnes will be demanding minutes. It seems to me that Barnes is wanting to win. His agent has been in Orlando for a week trying to get him here. He's more eager to be here than Otis is to have him. Sure he'll be a great fit, and he will get minutes, but not starter minutes...whether we add another wing player or not.

No way do we get Josh Howard for Tat...nor should we want him. Now, HE is a guy that will demand starters minutes. He has been proven to have a bad attitude, has made some stupid decisions, and has had run-ins with team mates and coaching staff before. I would find it hard to believe that Dallas would make that deal anyway.

If they don't get Tat, but keep Howard:

Nowitzki

Marion

Howard

Terry

Kidd

or

Dampier

Nowitzki

Marion

Howard

Kidd

aka...they shouldn't be that desperate for Tat that they give up a talent in Howard.

AND, I think we should be wanting another big more than we want another wing...especially one that could cause problems.

Yeah it will be best if they did Kidd Howard Marion Nowitski Dampier lineup. Having a SG/SF rotation of Howard Marion and Terry. That should work out for them.

But i hope we do keep Gortat. I rather keep him then lose him. Now we have 2 good centers for years to come. A good big man is hard to find. But a small forward is easy.

I think Otis didnt want to make a mistake of overpaying him so he wanted to see what hes worth on the market to other teams. If the deal sounds reasonable then he would match it. So Gortat might not go anywhere. At least i hope he doesnt. Our front court will be set for at least 4 seasons.

Im of the persuasion of starting Battier next to Shard and VC should we get him. Then we'd have a bench of...

Johnson

Redick/Barnes

Pietrus/Barnes

Bass/Anderson

Ratliff

Deep effing bench right there.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Im of the persuasion of starting Battier next to Shard and VC should we get him. Then we'd have a bench of...

Johnson

Redick/Barnes

Pietrus/Barnes

Bass/Anderson

Ratliff

That's a good point.

I was thinkin earlier, I'm not sure if I want to move Lew back to SF. This is gonna be very interesting.

Dwight/Signing

Lew/Bass/Anderson

Battier/Peaches

VC/Barnes?/JJ

Jameer/AJ

Either way, no matter who starts and who comes off the bench...we're gonna be set.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Orlando helped them land Marion, we don't owe Dallas any favors. They had no need for Bass anymore after landing Marion.

Personally, I would love to see Otis match and retain Gortat to either keep and play or use as a trade asset.

I'd buy that for a Dollar!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

we're acquiring a lot of players that will be demanding minutes. If we get barnes that makes our lineup looking something like:

Meer/AJ/??

VC/Barnes/Redick

Rashard/Pietrus/Barnes

Bass/Anderson/Rashard/Barnes

Dwight/Foyle??

- VC needs his minutes ~30+

- Barnes is going to want starter minutes

- Rashard, well, we didn't give him all that money to not recieve ample playing time

- Pietrus needs his 6th man minutes

- Bass, our new acquisition needs around 25+

- Dwight, i assume will be playing most of the game seeing that he is our star player and now doesn't have a reliable backup

- Jameer will receive a lot of playing time, too much playing time i'm afraid...he's very injury prone and we have "Dad" as backup, ehh

- Anderson needs some light backing up Bass, the kid's got talent

- JJ will probably not be able to take another year of riding pine, and management will not trade him because for whatever reason, they love him

so in all of this, how is our rotation NOT going to be clogged and how are the players going to get their expected minutes in such a tight lineup. I hope they just grow a set and respect that they're on a championship caliber team, but we all know that never happens, they'll want their playing time. As much as I hate to say it, we need to work on upgrading our backup PG and acquire a solid backup for Dwight

What a good problem to have Huh???? Hehehehehehe!!

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

We dont need much more as far as talent goes and since Otis strapped us with rashards disasterous contract we have no choice but to continue to build a dynasty with cheap rookie contracts who dont really need to contribute their first year.

We're doomed. That Otis has really stucked us with this dynasty.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

You guy's keep me from watching T.V. I am going to pop a bag of popcorn and just read and LOL!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

we're acquiring a lot of players that will be demanding minutes. If we get barnes that makes our lineup looking something like:

Meer/AJ/??

VC/Barnes/Redick

Rashard/Pietrus/Barnes

Bass/Anderson/Rashard/Barnes

Dwight/Foyle??

- VC needs his minutes ~30+

- Barnes is going to want starter minutes

- Rashard, well, we didn't give him all that money to not recieve ample playing time

- Pietrus needs his 6th man minutes

- Bass, our new acquisition needs around 25+

- Dwight, i assume will be playing most of the game seeing that he is our star player and now doesn't have a reliable backup

- Jameer will receive a lot of playing time, too much playing time i'm afraid...he's very injury prone and we have "Dad" as backup, ehh

- Anderson needs some light backing up Bass, the kid's got talent

- JJ will probably not be able to take another year of riding pine, and management will not trade him because for whatever reason, they love him

so in all of this, how is our rotation NOT going to be clogged and how are the players going to get their expected minutes in such a tight lineup. I hope they just grow a set and respect that they're on a championship caliber team, but we all know that never happens, they'll want their playing time. As much as I hate to say it, we need to work on upgrading our backup PG and acquire a solid backup for Dwight

What a good problem to have Huh???? Hehehehehehe!!

I just wet my pants ...

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

quote:

Man, Gortat seems like he just is dying to leave.

Which is one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to keep him around. I like Marcin, but lately, its been all about having the opportunity to start, play a bunch of minutes, and showcase his abilities. Which, I can't really knock him for. But that's probably not going to be his role in Orlando - and I think his performance would suffer because of it.

I'd definitely be talking to teams to try and flip him though.

You can bet he will have all the minutes he can earn on this team with Battie out of the way and SVG wanting to put him and Dwight on the floor together more.

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

dont forget about the BYC thing, its not going to be easy to trade him for 6 months

Actually it may be a lot easier to trade him since teams wanting him would only have to send back a player making around 2.5 million. Which is a player on a rookie deal.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Johnson

Redick/Barnes

Pietrus/Barnes

Bass/Anderson

Ratliff

That's a good point.

I was thinkin earlier, I'm not sure if I want to move Lew back to SF. This is gonna be very interesting.

Dwight/Signing

Lew/Bass/Anderson

Battier/Peaches

VC/Barnes?/JJ

Jameer/AJ

Either way, no matter who starts and who comes off the bench...we're gonna be set.

Oh my God!!! This would be an outright disadvantage to the rest of the NBA!! It would be just the opposite of the Geriatric unit that has assembled in Boston, under the care of the world famous Dr. Rivers Uriologist!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by magicfanejc42:

IMO, the best move would be for Houston to re-sign Wafer to a 5yr/11 mil contract, and trade Wafer plus a first to Orlando for Gortat.

Wafer

1st

Cash

For

Gortat

protected 2nd rounder.

Go back to college, rookie. You don't trade a talented big for a less talented small. Ever!