Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

MAGIC HAVE OFFICIALLY SIGNED BRANDON BASS - APOLOGIES DUE TO THE HOBO

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

we already have shard, bass, & anderson for the 4 spot. assuming shard does not move back to the 3, there are no minutes for tat at the 4.

That would be a problem now wouldn't it. Guess we will leave that up to SVG.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Some of you on here act like were done signing players in free agency. We still need a backup center. So why are people still trying to get Matt Barnes here when thats not even a top need for us. Otis is not done yet.

I think Barnes is just about the best we can afford with the rest of the MLE. I don't know of any PGs we could get that would be better than AJ with the money we have, and there really aren't a lot of good C options out there. I think Otis needs to get Gortat or just use the Vet Min on a C, but as for the 1.7 million of MLE we have left, just use it on Barnes and get it over with. He's not a top need, but we should just nab him while we can.

Ugh it's.. it's MATT BARNES.

Here just look at this. There's gotta be something better out there than Barnes that can be had for 1.7 in the first year.

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2009/

EDIT: What about Anthony Carter? Brevin Knight? Gerald Green??

I dunno, just.. ugh.

I'm a semi-Golden State Warrior fan. You know how many times I yelled at my TV at Don Nelson, "Barnes?? C'monnnn where's Pietrus!?"

There's a reason for that.

Don't let Jareth read this, he'll throw a hissy fit.

someone tell me where rodney carney is going? has gone? or will be going? would he play for that amount?

I just literally laughed up loud

Taken from cavfanatic board:

"Brandon Bass is nothing special. He won't do anything against Varejao. Varejao is way better, he even averaged more points and rebounds than Brandon Bass. Stop underrating Andy. He is a lot better than most of you think."

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I just literally laughed up loud

Taken from cavfanatic board:

"Brandon Bass is nothing special. He won't do anything against Varejao. Varejao is way better, he even averaged more points and rebounds than Brandon Bass. Stop underrating Andy. He is a lot better than most of you think."

I wonder if they realize that the world famous Cleveland Clinc probably has a pill that can fix that?? Hmmm!!!!

That must have been floppies Mom posting that huh, or maybe even Danny Ferry, he agreed to that sad contract!!!!

I love the comment on points and rebounds.

Like it was a battle between two All-Stars...

Well uh... Andy is a starter who flops and acts REALLY surprise all the frigging time while Bass was a bench player behind Dirk who actually muscles his way through people for points and rebounds.

Put him next to Dwight and give him starter minutes and say goodbye to Vareflop.

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

Moldy :-) .... you crack me up! You actually go on the boards! You may officially be the first Magic player to do so ... :-) Welcome to the Magic, Brandon ... or should I say Hobo??? ;-)

fo REAL?

IMO, I think we upgraded at 2 positions by picking up Bass. Lewis is a true 3 and is definitely an upgrade over Pietrus starting (If Lewis is moved back to SF). Even though Rashard is the better play, I feel Bass is still the better fit to start at the PF position. He's a better rebounder/shot blocker and he compliments Howard very well. Bass obviously isn't as good as Lewis at shooting but he can still bring defenders out of the paint with his mid-range jumper. I think our roster just got that much better.

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: Vince Carter

SF: Rashard Lewis

PF: Brandon Bass

C: Dwight Howard

SF: Mickael Pietrus

PF: Ryan Anderson

PG: Anthony Johnson

SG: J.J. Redick

Possible free agents and summer leauge players that can hopefully fill out the rest of the roster:

C: Theo Ratliff

SF: Jeremy Richardson

PF: Richard Hendrix

PG: C.J. Watson (Maybe wishful thinking but I'd take him)

quote:
Originally posted by wowski:

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

Moldy :-) .... you crack me up! You actually go on the boards! You may officially be the first Magic player to do so ... :-) Welcome to the Magic, Brandon ... or should I say Hobo??? ;-)

fo REAL?

Yeah seriously Fishy... whats that all about?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Could you imagine? J.J., A.J., and C.J.

LMAO!

trade for aj price and jj hickson too

Don't forget C.J Giles. If MJ wasn't going for ownership of the bobcats we could probably get him on staff.