Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Denton released from Florida Today + watercooler talk...

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Oh and Nyce/Ball Junkie, how does the trade exception impact us? you have to think Otis will look to do something with it

shiiiiiii, i don't know. But going off of Otis' past, he'll probably sit on the TPE unless he has to use it.

I hope i'm wrong, but we'll see.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Now we can have a lineup of (In my dreams).

Nelson/Johnson

Carter/Barnes/Redick

Battier/Pietrus/Barnes

Shard/Bass/Anderson

Howard/Ratliff/Bass

HOLY JESUS.

Can you say "Kiss the ring biatch"?

Interesting dream. So could you explain how we get Battier from Houston?

Since it was Battie that we traded.

If it was Battie who you are talking about well you can keep him in your dreams.

Bass + Barnes + Ratliff + the Giant TPE spells the end for Gortat in Orlando IMO. Hendrix has really been impressing in Summer League and has a solid chance to make the roster. The motivation to retain Gortat as an asset to possibly upgrade at backup point goes away with the TPE.

Dwight/Ratliff/Hendrix

Bass/Anderson/Lewis/Hendrix

Lewis/Pietrus/Barnes

Carter/Pietrus/Barnes/JJ

Nelson/AJ/PG picked up with TPE

No reason at all to match Gortat unless Bass goes elsewhere. We have capable back ups everywhere, serious depth, flexibility to go big or small, without the nearly 12 million Gortat would cost us being in the luxury tax.

Well, we better get Scola if we trade Gortat to Hou.

Anyway, nice read.

Really sad news about Denton. I feel bad for the guy. Man, he has basically smoked Brian Schmitz the last 2 years or so, and he still ends up getting replace. And how I thought this guy was irreplaceable, when he seems to be the only one covering the Magic.

Oh well.

Anyway, I am really hyped to hear the "inside" information, hopefully all this comes into fruition.

awwwwwwwwwww crap! Not Denton!!!!! icon_frown.gif I'm saddened! I hope he lands with Espn! Florida Today has to be run by a bunch of doorknobs! They're freaking DUMB!

dumbbush.jpg

But this news is frikkin awesome dude! Nyce, Junkie and Denton... YOU DA MANZ!!!! (yes I know there's no such word as "Manz" lol)

That definitely stinks about Denton. He was the best local person covering the Magic and broke a vast majority of the news here.

Hopefully he bounces back somewhere...

Also great info nyce and junkie and thanks for sharing it...Hopefully it all comes about in our favor.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Nelson/Johnson

Carter/Barnes/Redick

Battier/Pietrus/Barnes

Shard/Bass/Anderson

Howard/Ratliff/Bass

HOLY JESUS.

If it was Battie who you are talking about well you can keep him in your dreams.

By matching the offer for Gortat, then trading him to Houston. Obviously. Reading the initial post.

Try thinking things through instead of being ready to jump on any and everyone to try to make yourself look good.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

I still don't understand how can we S&T Gortat? We can't do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a GM but this was my understanding...if we match, Gortat stays here for oh I guess 3 months or so...and then we can trade him if need be.

I've seen people posting now that if Otis gets Bass, Barnes, Theo Ratliff and or Tony Battie(which Otis doesn't think the Nets will let him go) and the fact that we could use the TPE to get another player that Otis may in fact not choose to match the offer sheet Marcin has from the Mavs.

The GM's of this board will have to chime in...

While I think that Nate Robinson would make us terribly short at th PG position...it would, interestingly enough, give us 3 guys that have won the slam dunk championship...

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Nelson/Johnson

Carter/Barnes/Redick

Battier/Pietrus/Barnes

Shard/Bass/Anderson

Howard/Ratliff/Bass

HOLY JESUS.

By matching the offer for Gortat, then trading him to Houston. Obviously. Reading the initial post.

Try thinking things through instead of being ready to jump on any and everyone to try to make yourself look good.

BYC

Yes please do try thinking things through instead of being ready to jump on any and everyone to try and make yourself look good, because this time again you fell flat on your face once more.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

I still don't understand how can we S&T Gortat? We can't do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a GM but this was my understanding...if we match, Gortat stays here for oh I guess 3 months or so...and then we can trade him if need be.

I've seen people posting now that if Otis gets Bass, Barnes, Theo Ratliff and or Tony Battie(which Otis doesn't think the Nets will let him go) and the fact that we could use the TPE to get another player that Otis may in fact not choose to match the offer sheet Marcin has from the Mavs.

The GM's of this board will have to chime in...

If I'm not mistaken he would have to stay here 6 months before we could trade him