Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Report: Turk dealt to TOR for TPE. Page 17.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic may hang on to the TE and have it in case of injury. Great move by Otis.

A few thoughts:

3) Catman, Otis may very well hold onto this as protection against an injury. But I can also see how he might see a real golden opportunity here, in light of the announcement of the reduced salary cap for next year. Teams that thought they had dropped their salary cap numbers low enough to make a run at one of the superstars coming out next year, may now be forced to unload further payroll. And that may give Otis the opportunity to now pick up a very, very good player for nothing more than the TE. It would be discussed in the same light as the Lakers signing of Gasol. That is the type of scenario that may be very possible. That is an awfully large TE.

I'm not quite sure, but if you get a player in the middle of the year, isn't the tax cut in half (since the salary is cut in half)?

This from Larry Coon

When determining the amount of tax a team owes, the league uses its team salary (see question number 14) on the date of their last regular season game (i.e., if a player is traded away before the end of the season, then none of his salary is taxed), with the following adjustments:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

From my understanding a favor from Cuban. In fact, they wont even lose anything in the deal because Cuban will be paying the money they'll use to buyout Jerry.

The buyout for Stackhouse is 2 million and Cuban is giving Memphis 3 million. Nice tidy profit of 1 million for not doing all that much.

That is the kind of favor anyone would like to do lol.

I will bet $2 million goes to Memphis and $1 million comes to the Magic.

No that money goes to Memphis plus they are getting an extra 500 thousand as well for a nice tidy profit of 2.5 from Dallas.

Toronto is giving the Magic some cash, the amount not mentioned as of yet.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

you know, this actually sucks...We helped the Raps sign Hedo, add depth via Dallas players and keep their MLE and LLE, this makes them players in the same MLE talent race we're involved in...Watch Toronto pickup Bass and whomever else you wanted tomorrow...

Toronto does not have the MLE or LLE

oh yes they do sir...they had to pull off a S&T in order to keep them both, hints, the S&T...

God stop talking if you dont know what your talking about please

Toronto doesnt have a MLE because you have to be over the cap at the start of the offseason

so hint hint no they dont.

man, how freaking wrong were you? very...

Does this mean we can stop talking about Hedo "I'm too lazy to close out on shooters in the NBA F**KING FINALS" Turkoglu?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From my understanding a favor from Cuban. In fact, they wont even lose anything in the deal because Cuban will be paying the money they'll use to buyout Jerry.

The buyout for Stackhouse is 2 million and Cuban is giving Memphis 3 million. Nice tidy profit of 1 million for not doing all that much.

No that money goes to Memphis plus they are getting an extra 500 thousand as well for a nice tidy profit of 2.5 from Dallas.

How is Memphis making 2.5 if they get 3 & have to buy out Stack for 2?

Dumping Buckner saves Memphis another 2M in buying out his contract, that is the bigger kicker for Memphis in this trade.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dumping Buckner saves Memphis another 2M in buying out his contract, that is the bigger kicker for Memphis in this trade.

anderson looks kind of retarded in your sig.

Definitely think that how much cash we receive in this trade, will dictate as to how much we will pay the lux tax.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you have a problem with those numbers you talk to the people at ESPN.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you have a problem with those numbers you talk to the people at ESPN.

Lol, I asked you since you obviously have knowledge of the situation nobody in Memphis does, and defies basic math. Thanx for the insight.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

I really can't believe this board is so in love with Bass, he does NOT fit our team and under no circumstances should he start, and he's NOT a center, Anderson is going to prove to be better.

The way I see it, we have four scorers/all stars in our starting 5. We don't need scoring and playmaking because we've got as much of it as anybody. We need defense, we need rebounding, and I think Bass can provide those. He's a big boy that can keep people out of the paint and he can go down and help Dwight rebound. That said, I think that Bass is a good fit here, and I wouldn't be afraid to start him. I'd definitely like him bolstering our bench if nothing else.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

Does this mean we can stop talking about Hedo "I'm too lazy to close out on shooters in the NBA F**KING FINALS" Turkoglu?

Jameer on Fisher anyone? :S