Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Report: Turk dealt to TOR for TPE. Page 17.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic may hang on to the TE and have it in case of injury. Great move by Otis.

A few thoughts:

3) Catman, Otis may very well hold onto this as protection against an injury. But I can also see how he might see a real golden opportunity here, in light of the announcement of the reduced salary cap for next year. Teams that thought they had dropped their salary cap numbers low enough to make a run at one of the superstars coming out next year, may now be forced to unload further payroll. And that may give Otis the opportunity to now pick up a very, very good player for nothing more than the TE. It would be discussed in the same light as the Lakers signing of Gasol. That is the type of scenario that may be very possible. That is an awfully large TE.

I'm not quite sure, but if you get a player in the middle of the year, isn't the tax cut in half (since the salary is cut in half)?

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

just out of pure wonder, was Denton and or your other sources ok with you giving out information all the time? that part of the rumor thing is always so curious to me...

I always wondered about this myself because I know someone in the organization and I have had certain things, (pietrus signing, VC trade) told to me not extremely early but a good 8 hours before the they have been official but I have always been told to tell NO ONE and there is so much emphasis on the tell NO ONE part that I always wondered if the people posting "insider information" were supposed to or not.

Holy crap I made that all one sentence, my bad.

quote:
A four-team deal sending Shawn Marion to the Dallas Mavericks has been approved by the league office and was to be formally announced by the teams on Thursday.

Marion is set to receive a five-year contract from the Mavericks worth an estimated $39 million, according to sources.

Under the sign-and-trade deal, the Orlando Magic traded Hedo Turkoglu to the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors sent Marion, Kris Humphries, Nathan Jawai and cash considerations to Dallas, while also sending a future second round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies.

The Mavericks in turn shipped Jerry Stackhouse and cash considerations to the Grizzlies and Devean George and Antoine Wright to Toronto, while the Grizzlies dealt Greg Buckner to Dallas.

The inclusion of Jawai to the Mavericks was a new wrinkle in the deal. In an earlier version, the Raptors were to send Quincy Douby to the Grizzlies instead.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4316885

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Housecleaning + proof NBA CBA is a complex mutha': Orl TPE is @7m. It's base-yr value of Hedo's contract, not his 1st yr salary. Capiche?

https://twitter.com/RicBucher

Then he needs to correct everyone else because they are all reporting the 8 million number, or more likely he is incorrect again like that's a surprise to anyone.

Thought y'all might want to see this:

"A four-team deal sending Shawn Marion to the Dallas Mavericks has been approved by the league office and was to be formally announced by the teams on Thursday."

Boy that was fast.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4316885

"Under the sign-and-trade deal, the Orlando Magic traded Hedo Turkoglu to the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors sent Marion, Kris Humphries, Nathan Jawai and cash considerations to Dallas, while also sending a future second round draft pick to the Memphis Grizzlies."

I can hear it now how come Memphis got a draft pick, but Otis didn't lol.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

From my understanding a favor from Cuban. In fact, they wont even lose anything in the deal because Cuban will be paying the money they'll use to buyout Jerry.

The buyout for Stackhouse is 2 million and Cuban is giving Memphis 3 million. Nice tidy profit of 1 million for not doing all that much.

That is the kind of favor anyone would like to do lol.

I will bet $2 million goes to Memphis and $1 million comes to the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Let the Magic to trade/sign for Carlos Boozer, David Lee, Karl Malone rumors begin.

Can't do it for Boozer he makes more than the TPE.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic may hang on to the TE and have it in case of injury. Great move by Otis. I am one of the few that has defended Otis on this board when many have attacked him for trivial matters..such as not signing Crittenton last year..lol. I never see any posts about that guy anymore..kind of wild how that works.

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Bass for 3.5-4 and then hopefully Ratliff and Barnes. Plus I would like to see us add Kasib and Richard from the Summer League.

Our team will be BETTER then last years. I believe that Vince will bring more to the table then Hedo did. We have 3 4th quarter guys..Jameer is the one everyone forgets about, but he has always made huge shots. Vince is obviously the 1st option..and then we have Mr. Lewis who basically won us some playoff games with his nasty clutch shooting.

Once again, Otis has done great work so far.

Glad you are hearing it, how about give us a heads up say 4-5 hours in advance when something is going to happen.