Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Report: Turk dealt to TOR for TPE. Page 17.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

it will NOT be Orlando...

Time for somebody to eat a little crow maybe, lol...

is it that big of a deal to you? i mean really? it has to be...I know I'm not an ultra in the know insider like yourself, unfortunately John Denton never calls me at home, I'm just a regular guy...

yes, I was wrong...

but my stance/understanding was that Orlando was being linked with the possibilities of taking back one of these players mentioned Humphries/Stackhouse/Banks etc. something that I could see Otis having zero interest in for our team/financial state, ergo my aforementioned comment...

if you look back two days ago, in one of these threads, I said that a S&T for Cash/TE would be perfect for us, and Otis would have to do that, but if any players were involved, we simply couldn't do it, unless one of those horrid players was actually something that Otis wanted..

you have no need to explain yourself, BJ has been wrong many, many times on this board thanks to his sources and has never chosen to eat crow or admit failure-why would you?

Here we go with the inside info stuff again...look guys, I only report what I'm hearing from some very valid sources...some time it comes to fruition...sometimes it doesn't.

I have no problem admitting mistakes...as I said...don't take it personal...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

quote:

it will NOT be Orlando...

Time for somebody to eat a little crow maybe, lol...

is it that big of a deal to you? i mean really? it has to be...I know I'm not an ultra in the know insider like yourself, unfortunately John Denton never calls me at home, I'm just a regular guy...

yes, I was wrong...

but my stance/understanding was that Orlando was being linked with the possibilities of taking back one of these players mentioned Humphries/Stackhouse/Banks etc. something that I could see Otis having zero interest in for our team/financial state, ergo my aforementioned comment...

if you look back two days ago, in one of these threads, I said that a S&T for Cash/TE would be perfect for us, and Otis would have to do that, but if any players were involved, we simply couldn't do it, unless one of those horrid players was actually something that Otis wanted..

you have no need to explain yourself, BJ has been wrong many, many times on this board thanks to his sources and has never chosen to eat crow or admit failure-why would you?

Here we go with the inside info stuff again...look guys, I only report what I'm hearing from some very valid sources...some time it comes to fruition...sometimes it doesn't.

I have no problem admitting mistakes...as I said...don't take it personal...

This is rediculous. BJ is the best source of information on any board I've ever seen. It's no real secret where his info comes from so what is the point of attempting to discredit rumors & speculation? He's not pulling it out of his azz.

quote:

just out of pure wonder, was Denton and or your other sources ok with you giving out information all the time? that part of the rumor thing is always so curious to me...

Sometimes he was...sometimes he wasn't...I didn't post anything from him as a direct quote unless he approved it...

But the post on the Forum right now...John said go ahead and post anything you want because as you can see I am not employed anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

Lol. Were not getting Boozer or any other all star out there. Come on people. Be realistic. Were going after role players now. We still have about 5 roster spots to fill. Otis isn't going to waste the TE on one player.

yes he is because you can only use the exemption for only one player...

The Magic may hang on to the TE and have it in case of injury. Great move by Otis. I am one of the few that has defended Otis on this board when many have attacked him for trivial matters..such as not signing Crittenton last year..lol. I never see any posts about that guy anymore..kind of wild how that works.

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Bass for 3.5-4 and then hopefully Ratliff and Barnes. Plus I would like to see us add Kasib and Richard from the Summer League.

Our team will be BETTER then last years. I believe that Vince will bring more to the table then Hedo did. We have 3 4th quarter guys..Jameer is the one everyone forgets about, but he has always made huge shots. Vince is obviously the 1st option..and then we have Mr. Lewis who basically won us some playoff games with his nasty clutch shooting.

Once again, Otis has done great work so far.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic may hang on to the TE and have it in case of injury. Great move by Otis. I am one of the few that has defended Otis on this board when many have attacked him for trivial matters..such as not signing Crittenton last year..lol. I never see any posts about that guy anymore..kind of wild how that works.

From what I am hearing, it sounds like Bass for 3.5-4 and then hopefully Ratliff and Barnes. Plus I would like to see us add Kasib and Richard from the Summer League.

Our team will be BETTER then last years. I believe that Vince will bring more to the table then Hedo did. We have 3 4th quarter guys..Jameer is the one everyone forgets about, but he has always made huge shots. Vince is obviously the 1st option..and then we have Mr. Lewis who basically won us some playoff games with his nasty clutch shooting.

Once again, Otis has done great work so far.

Agree 100%

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

The Magic may hang on to the TE and have it in case of injury. Great move by Otis.

A few thoughts:

1) For those who think Otis was so very clever about keeping this wonderful plan under his hat, according to the reports, the Mavs and Raptors went LOOKING for a 4th party to help. So let's not pretend that Otis was sitting there with this up his sleeve all along. It fell into his lap. That's not a criticism of him, but let's not act like he pulled this off with genius planning.

2) Actually, it's fun seeing the different board members try to predict what will happen. Some will be right, some will be wrong. For the most part, it will even out over time. So ya might as well have fun with it. No sense anyone getting emotional or their feelings hurt over it. And it sounds like the parties involved are handling it just fine. It's the others that have an axe to grind that chime in and turn it into something ugly. Some people take this stuff WAY too seriously.

3) Catman, Otis may very well hold onto this as protection against an injury. But I can also see how he might see a real golden opportunity here, in light of the announcement of the reduced salary cap for next year. Teams that thought they had dropped their salary cap numbers low enough to make a run at one of the superstars coming out next year, may now be forced to unload further payroll. And that may give Otis the opportunity to now pick up a very, very good player for nothing more than the TE. It would be discussed in the same light as the Lakers signing of Gasol. That is the type of scenario that may be very possible. That is an awfully large TE.