Nyce_1

Smith to wait on matching Gortat's offer {Denton}

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

I love the VC trade but...

If we don't get Bass or McDyess this off-season has been a bust

We better get one!!!

I really mean it!!!

After that Bass & McDyess we got Drew Gooden or Big Baby. Yuck!!

You got to be kidding me! The off-season a bust, eventhough we got VC, man if we didn't get VC and lost Turk, what would you call this season!

quote:
If we don't get Bass or McDyess this off-season has been a bust!!!!

Bass and McDyess have led zero teams to the holy land...obviously, you want to buy the best available whenever you can, but lets not assume that no Bass and or no McDyess = doom...We narrowly escaped survival after missing out on Billups and VC two years ago, and somehow we were able to live another day even after failing to sign Chris Duhon, Maggett and Dooling...just gotta play it out...

Like I stated in other threads, based on the play and the future of Ryan Anderson as a starting 4 (In a season or two). I dont believe its worth signing Bass 5 mil for 5 years. Bass will end up as a back up undersized 6 foot 7 foward. Anderson, Shard, and Dwight will be our front court in the future. Bass just a back up. So that is why I am all for keeping Gortat...AT LEAST FOR THIS SEASON!!! Lets face it. There is not any back up centers out there that are worth a d@mn. Rosho, Theo Rat, Jamal Maglore, etc...they are all worthless. We need to keep Gortat this year. We can draft or sign a back up at a better cost in the future.

Gortat the trade asset. Just think about it. Think what we can get back for Gortat in the future? He will be very valuable with a good contract. Teams know he can start and they will trade for him. But for the time being, until Anderson becomes the starter. We need Gortat in our front court!!! After we resign Gortat we will still have the midlevel to get other players.

KEEP GORTAT !!!!!

Haven't read the whole thread, but it looks like they offered him 5yrs 33M. That's probably too much. If Otis keeps him it will probably be because there's nobody else and/or to trade him later on, or force a SnT.

Is Zaza still around? lol, I don't think he will ask for 6M+ a year would he?

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

Haven't read the whole thread, but it looks like they offered him 5yrs 33M. That's probably too much. If Otis keeps him it will probably be because there's nobody else and/or to trade him later on, or force a SnT.

From last I heard Zaza wants all or most of the mid level. If that is the case it better to resign Gortat because he will have better value by trade in the future then Zaza at the same price.

By Otis saying he'll wait to match the offer does this leave Otis in a better position to get more assets because he is holding Dallas hostage?

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

From last I heard Zaza wants all or most of the mid level. If that is the case it better to resign Gortat because he will have better value by trade in the future then Zaza at the same price.

Oh yeah he better match Gortat deal

I didnt Zaza was asking that for that much. Well what about Ratliff

Well, in kinda looks like the better option right, if anything to trade him for some depth value.

So it looks like Otis is checking if there are better picks out there before taking that decision.

quote:
Originally posted by Ambrose:

By Otis saying he'll wait to match the offer does this leave Otis in a better position to get more assets because he is holding Dallas hostage?

Otis isn't holding anyone hostage except for us. Otis thinks he's being clever, but I'm beginning to loose faith in him. However, because I am a true fan, I will make one last ditch effort to make Otis see the error of his ways. Perhaps a visual aid will help Otis to better understand.

The entire bench represents the full MLE. Here, we can clearly see what Otis is trying to do with the bench/MLE. Otis, your plan, in theory, isn't bad. There's just one problem. Otis, notice how no one is sitting on the bench. NO ONE WORTH WHILE WANTS TO SIT ON YOUR STUPID FIGURATIVE SPLIT MLE BENCH!!!!!!