Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Otis: "Honestly, I can spend as much as I want"!(link)

quote:
M: How reassuring is it to have a guy like Anthony Johnson coming back?

OS: Quite frankly I like the eight guys I have in uniform right now. We played nine or 10, most teams don't go past nine guys, so I like the guys we have right now. We just have to round out our roster and get a little more size.

I gagged when I read this question...

This bench is a disaster waiting to happen if OS is counting on Wook, JJ, & AJ. I can't even begin to imagine all 3 on the court together...

Please OS, for the love of whatever you deem holy, get this team a power forward & back-up point guard!!!

No wonder Rasheed didn't want to play with us. Otis is an *******. But don't worry Otis is just sitting back and waiting for all the good players to go then he'll pick up the scraps. Because remember he said there's lots of players and too few dollars.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

What have we done? nothing.

If Bass is their solution, i will LMFAO he's one of the worst fits possible

Right now you may be the only person on this board who thinks that about Bass.

I like Bass too...but not for the entire mid-level exception...

I don't think he's worth the full MLE, either.

And I think his agent is bluffing about the $25M deal.

quote:

quote:

I've actually watched him play

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by masazasm:

quote:

quote:

If Otis can spend as much as he wants.

I say hold on to some money for next year.

Pick from those F.A.

He more than likely means retaining our players/using the exceptions without worrying about the tax! Next year we will be restrained by the salary cap!

Just playing off his quote.

But, please explain how we will be restrained by the salary cap, if this year Otis and Bob are willing to go into the tax.

Because we have Hedo and Marcin's bird right's therefore we can go over the cap as far as we wanted to retain them, also the exceptions can be used to bring players in but both of these options will take us above the luxury tax threshold which is what Otis is saying he has the blessing of De Vos to do!

To bring in one of the big FA's in 2010 we need to be under the cap which is not going to happen unless we make huge changes!

First I want to say that I know we have no chance of bringing in one of the big F.A. next year.

As far as Turk and Gortat's bird rights and being able to sign them for as much as Otis wants to, I understand that, but Otis doesn't seem to be resigning either player. And Otis is still going into the tax.

If i'm not wrong you can sign anyone you want, you just have to pay the $ 4 $ tax. Again i'm not saying Otis should do that!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I found it curious that with all the Bass rumors the media here didn't inquire about him...only Big Baby...

Agreed, not sure if the Bass stuff is more of a MB thing though as I haven't really seen it in the press outside of that one statement from his agent!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pick from those F.A.

He more than likely means retaining our players/using the exceptions without worrying about the tax! Next year we will be restrained by the salary cap!

But, please explain how we will be restrained by the salary cap, if this year Otis and Bob are willing to go into the tax.

Because we have Hedo and Marcin's bird right's therefore we can go over the cap as far as we wanted to retain them, also the exceptions can be used to bring players in but both of these options will take us above the luxury tax threshold which is what Otis is saying he has the blessing of De Vos to do!

To bring in one of the big FA's in 2010 we need to be under the cap which is not going to happen unless we make huge changes!

First I want to say that I know we have no chance of bringing in one of the big F.A. next year.

As far as Turk and Gortat's bird rights and being able to sign them for as much as Otis wants to, I understand that, but Otis doesn't seem to be resigning either player. And Otis is still going into the tax.

If i'm not wrong you can sign anyone you want, you just have to pay the $ 4 $ tax. Again i'm not saying Otis should do that!

He obviously doesn't feel they are worth signing for the money they are commanding, I agree though if he "can spend what he wants" surely you at least match Gortat!

Regarding "signing anyone you want" do you mean any player in the league or under contract with the Magic?

quote:

quote:

quote:

And so have I and he would be a great fit with the Magic.

And the offer is supposedly 5 years 25 million last time I checked that's not the full MLE, but several sites like Hoopshype said that's cheap for him.

I mean look at what Gortat is going to be earning that's how much for a backup center. Who is going to play backup for Dallas.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pick from those F.A.

He obviously doesn't feel they are worth signing for the money they are commanding, I agree though if he "can spend what he wants" surely you at least match Gortat!

Regarding "signing anyone you want" do you mean any player in the league or under contract with the Magic?

In the league, through a S&T. Hasn't the Knicks done this in the past?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And the offer is supposedly 5 years 25 million last time I checked that's not the full MLE, but several sites like Hoopshype said that's cheap for him.

I mean look at what Gortat is going to be earning that's how much for a backup center. Who is going to play backup for Dallas.

Gortat will start over the useless Erick Dampier, if he doesn't than Rick Carlisle is an idiot.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How do you know that?

The Mavs are trying to trade Dampier, so I'd assume that they plan on starting Gortat.