Diplo

Rasheed Commits to Celtics

quote:
Originally posted by Mastermind:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:
Originally posted by Mastermind:

Rather have Bass or McDyess anyways. Both model citizens. Also they would probably fit in our starting lineup better ( not demanding shots ). They are better rebounders which would improve our overall team defense tremendously. Look at how many off. reb. other teams got on us during the playoffs and the lack of off. reb. we got. Its hard for Sheed to get rebounds standing at the 3pt line or arguing with refs at the other end of the court.

model citizens good god we dont need that we need pure mongral we want a guy that realy give it to our opponents and inspire his teammates to do the same dwight gets hacked pushed and held all dam game gets so frustrated he throws an elbow that misses and gets suspended we need the guy thats going to help dwight and get retrabution during that game not once our franchise player gets so damm frustrated he snaps and dose somthing about it.

I agree we need one of those kind of players, but he shouldn't be a starter. Rather he should be a hired thug on the bench that when he gets thrown out of the game and/or suspended it doesn't hurt the team. Someone like a Rick Mahorn type of enforcer. You only send him in when Dwight is getting mugged.

im gutted about sheed i wanted him here as he dosnt go out and be a thug he just plays hard up with proberly the most passion that any player posesses in the nba his suspensions only come from execessive techs so he would get 1 game in the year may 2 tops. i just cant see a good player comming here to sit on the bench and that style of thug would hurt us as he would be getting hammered by stern hard and our backup opition has then been taken out if we were after that style of fit he would have to be 9,10,11 on our roster brought in to disrupt our opponents.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

There is nothing wrong with people living in a fantasy world,I do sometimes, but the truth is we aren't gonna have near as good a team as last year's, we got the MLE to sign like 5players, and you think were gonna get something better than d league players?

I need to smoke some o that s--t to, cause I don't think so!

We need to quit living in a fantasy world? Every summer you propose at least 10 idiotic lopsided trades. You are the king of unrealistic.

I can't lie. I'm pretty disappointed. Not only do we miss out on the piece that I think would have put us over the top but he goes to the Celtics. If Dwight doesn't drastically improve his post offense the Magic are going to have a lot of trouble with the Celtics.

This clearly isn't the end of the world. There are a lot of other quality options out there. It may work out for the best. Bass is clearly a better long term option. Perhaps, if we sign him, his production may spike with extended minutes.

Bass will surprise

He won't completely surprise me man. Your thread has done a good job of educating me. Even if Rasheed hadn't committed to the Celtics, I would have been ok with signing Bass. My logic was based entirely on Rasheed fitting perfectly within out system.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

Why dont we go after LEE!!!!!!!!!!

we can't afford him. the knicks just offer him $7m per year, and he turned it down.

and there are a lot of college kids that Lee wouldn't be able to defend. He really is a one trick pony....and a very expensive one at that.

quote:

quote:

we can't afford him. the knicks just offer him $7m per year, and he turned it down.

didnt we offer Hedo 9 mill. a year this team needs to move forward not take a step back, the market is not what Lees camp hope for he might need to take a pay cut, Iam just saying make the guy an offer.didnt he play college ball here?

91.5% of the replies in this thread are sad and pathetic...are some you really going to cry over sheed signing with the celtics? can some of you wait until these players actually sign contracts and free agency is done before you guys buy a bullet and rent a gun...wow

quote:

quote:

quote:

and there are a lot of college kids that Lee wouldn't be able to defend. He really is a one trick pony....and a very expensive one at that.

you telling me that one of the leaders in double double in the nba is a one trick pony,check his stats man.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

you telling me that one of the leaders in double double in the nba is a one trick pony,check his stats man.

PSSSTTTT... his one trick is rebounding

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed and we do not need offense we need interior defense. Why can't people understand that.

Don't tell me you guys are gonna start pining over David Lee now.

Brandon Bass, Antonio McDyess, Glen Davis, etc.

This is the mode to think in now. Besides, even if David Lee played a lick of defense and was WORTH pining over, he's still more expensive than the MLE.