Sign in to follow this  
sabid

Hedo agrees to sign with the Raptors (confirmed)

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Hedo is committing to $52 @ 5 as opposed to $45 @ 5 from us.

With the tax rate in Canada as opposed to the tax rate in Florida how much more is he really getting? I know they have a capital gains tax that puts our to shame up there and their national income tax is a bear.

I'm only in college so i defer to others with financial matters, but isn't their some way for him to claim residency in the US and pay less taxes.

Is he even a US resident? I'm pretty sure you can't get around the Canadian taxes. Blue Jays players have complained about it.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

ya but Sheed straight up said, the money isnt important, Im more focused on how I fit on the team. PLayers, coaches etc.

Right now Id take Sheed over Hedu, he plays for the love of the game not the bank. Seroiusly y are ppl accepting this idea of wanting a couple million more.

What happened to sports. Michael Jordan? u kno him?

It's called most people, especially here in America, are greedy. We are raised here to believe that power, status, and NET WORTH are the ultimate goals in life.

They either weren't around or have forgotten that pro athletes used to play for pennies compared to what athletes today played for. They have forgotten that it USED to be about the love of the game and money was just a nice side benefit. People can call me pathetic, hypocritical, or anything else all they want....but many of the responses in this thread and other Hedo threads are great examples of how the almighty dollar rules so many lives.

Rasheed and Artest both have said it's about winning, not the money. They both realize they are set for life and a few extra million is a definite WANT not a NEED. Hedo hasn't figured that out. Either he has an extremely materialistic lifestyle or he is obsessed with becoming Turkey's richest man. Either way, I'd take a player with Rasheed's attitude over Hedo's any day of the week.

But honestly, if the Magic offered a 4 year 43 - 46 mill extension, the actual contract would be a 5 year 52 mill deal. So Turk took something else, worth another 10 mill max, in another state with a state tax? Doesn't add up to me. Seems like he wanted to leave, not really giving us a chance.

You know what? My sources say all of these sources suck.

They may as well Rick Roll us all when given the opportunity. I'm actually shocked they haven't tried it yet.

Where's that TurkoRoll gif at?

quote:
Originally posted by Escobar06:

quote:

ya but Sheed straight up said, the money isnt important, Im more focused on how I fit on the team. PLayers, coaches etc.

Right now Id take Sheed over Hedu, he plays for the love of the game not the bank. Seroiusly y are ppl accepting this idea of wanting a couple million more.

It's called most people, especially here in America, are greedy. We are raised here to believe that power, status, and NET WORTH are the ultimate goals in life.

They either weren't around or have forgotten that pro athletes used to play for pennies compared to what athletes today played for. They have forgotten that it USED to be about the love of the game and money was just a nice side benefit. People can call me pathetic, hypocritical, or anything else all they want....but many of the responses in this thread and other Hedo threads are great examples of how the almighty dollar rules so many lives.

Rasheed and Artest both have said it's about winning, not the money. They both realize they are set for life and a few extra million is a definite WANT not a NEED. Hedo hasn't figured that out. Either he has an extremely materialistic lifestyle or he is obsessed with becoming Turkey's richest man. Either way, I'd take a player with Rasheed's attitude over Hedo's any day of the week.

Why don't you give up 10% of your salery and give it away. I'll miss Turk but could you honestly say you would give up 10 million dollars so you could get a ring worth a couple of grand?

quote:
Originally posted by Ambrose:

quote:

quote:

Why don't you give up 10% of your salery and give it away. I'll miss Turk but could you honestly say you would give up 10 million dollars so you could get a ring worth a couple of grand?

If your going to look at it that way thats kind of a joke he would have gotten another contract after the 4 year 40 million or 3 year 30 million we offered him or whatever it was so chances are he would not be giving up 10 million.

And yes if I was set for the rest of my life already and was just in the NBA finals and know that the magic are going to contend year in and year out ESPECIALLY if I resigned and was shown that this franchise wants to keep him dearly with Dwight calling him non stop and otis offering him more than a fair contract I would stay.

Hedo is a moron for going to toronto. Toronto is gonna be awful when Bosh leaves. At least going to Portland made sense they were like the 4 seed this past year with young GOOD talent in Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Odon, etc.

The Raptors and free agent Hedo Turkoglu have agreed on a five-year contract, according to the Toronto Globe and Mail.

The deal is "in excess of $50 million" and to clear enough cap space the Raptors must renounce their rights to free agents Shawn Marion, Carlos Delfino, and Anthony Parker. (There are rumors of Marion being involved in a sign-and-trade, but so far nothing concrete has been reported.) The Raptors are probably overpaying for Turkoglu, but until the dust settles we're giving GM Bryan Colangelo the benefit of the doubt.

Raptors are giving up on Marion (getting older but is still a good player), Delfino (who is garbage but still) and anthony parker (underated as heck) for Turk, WOW.

So turk, i hope the extra 2-3 million a year and losing seasons was worth more than 10 million a year and being a contender here! MISERABLE

Hedo is a professional and he choosed for the best place for his future and family. Toronto Raptors showed the most intention for himself and gave the value more than the others.

On the other hand, Orlando made a step back for me for playing the squad which made a NBA final. Turkoglu was an integral part and now he is the star of Raptors. Toronto team will be manage by Hedo and Bosh may shine more with Hedo as Dwight this year.

quote:
Originally posted by aJJa:

Hedo is a professional and he choosed for the best place for his future and family. Toronto Raptors showed the most intention for himself and gave the value more than the others.

On the other hand, Orlando made a step back for me for playing the squad which made a NBA final. Turkoglu was an integral part and now he is the star of Raptors. Toronto team will be manage by Hedo and Bosh may shine more with Hedo as Dwight this year.

Except that for the Raptors to get Hedo they had to toss away several members of their team.

Plus Bosh is a FA next year so Hedo will be the star after that on a team going down instead of up.

After being set for life, yes I would give up the ten million just to play the game that set me for life. Its all about being responsible with your money and not buying **** you don't actually need "bentleys two watches" wTH?

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

After being set for life, yes I would give up the ten million just to play the game that set me for life. Its all about being responsible with your money and not buying **** you don't actually need "bentleys two watches" wTH?

So you are saying that if someone offered all that money to work you would turn it down...................

No I didn't think so.

quote:

Hmm, if true it further illustrates my point that Hedo is in fact all about the money and nothing more. In the other thread people tried to spin it stating that Portland has a legit team and perhaps Hedo saw them as title contenders. Well, now you "classy and respectful" people can do your best to spin this one too. Toronto is a pretty average team, even worse when you factor in they have to rid themselves of half their players to bring in Turk.

So someone please explain to me, if Turk to Toronto is true, how Hedo is about anything other than money. Because it's becoming crystal clear to me that winning is a very distant second to money on Hedo's priority list. See ya Turk, I want to root for Magic players who care about winning more than they care about padding their bank account.

man you are so stupid.. so you think all the magic players here for not money? ask lewis... and when howard ends up his contract after 2 years tell him play with his heart so he doesnt take max deal to help team... every player got what they want in magic and you want hedo to stay for less money? get real..