Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Brian Hill Sighting: Coach Was In His Office --- And Not To Clean It Out (Schmitz)

Hey, can sombody do me a favor? I live in a relatively new neighborhood that doesn't have DSL yet for computer's. Only dial-up. Can someone click this link and go to Listen In:Tim Povtak thinks Brian Hill's days are numbered and tell me what it says? It's right on the upper part of the page.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/

I got one more thing to say. If they fire Brian they better make darn sure they got somebody else lined up to coach this team. And I don't want some re-tread either. I'd rather have Brian back instead of a re-tread.

Thanks.

He basically rehashed what everyone thinks. That there is no way they can bring back brian hill after they have "cut off his legs" He said he thinks he's done. He also said that he thinks Hill deserves another year for bringing "structure" to the team.He is in favor of them trying to get Donovan for the "buzz" factor. (Retarded) But he acknowledged that most college coaches have failed. He named a lot of coaches (none of which are on my short list: Adelman or Iavaroni) including Carlesemo , the Van Gundys and Carlise as possible replacements. But he was just comming up with those off the top of his head. Fianlly he said he thinks the Spurs win win it all this year.

Here is the rundown on Povtak's podcast. He feels like Hill will be gone because you can't take the guys legs out from underneath him and then sell it enough to bring him back. He said it is taking so long probably because the team is focused on the new arena plans and trying to get those approved.

On the subject of replacements he said that Donovan would create a buzz but the history of college coaches is so bad that he feels the team will go with an experienced coach, he is thinking Stan VanGundy.

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

He basically rehashed what everyone thinks. That there is no way they can bring back brian hill after they have "cut off his legs" He said he thinks he's done. He also said that he thinks Hill deserves another year for bringing "structure" to the team.He is in favor of them trying to get Donovan for the "buzz" factor. (Retarded) But he acknowledged that most college coaches have failed. He named a lot of coaches (none of which are on my short list: Adelman or Iavaroni) including Carlesemo , the Van Gundys and Carlise as possible replacements. But he was just comming up with those off the top of his head. Fianlly he said he thinks the Spurs win win it all this year.

Thanks weezt0e. Much appreciation.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Here is the rundown on Povtak's podcast. He feels like Hill will be gone because you can't take the guys legs out from underneath him and then sell it enough to bring him back. He said it is taking so long probably because the team is focused on the new arena plans and trying to get those approved.

On the subject of replacements he said that Donovan would create a buzz but the history of college coaches is so bad that he feels the team will go with an experienced coach, he is thinking Stan VanGundy.

Hey Marc, does Stan Van Gundy make your toes curl?(lol)

quote:
Estranged Magic Coach Brian Hill was seen in his office Monday at RDV Sportsplex, still working.

A janitor opened Hill's briefcase, and to his surprise, there were only and apple and a 45 caliber gun in there.

Hill has not been seen since then....

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Hey, can sombody do me a favor? I live in a relatively new neighborhood that doesn't have DSL yet for computer's. Only dial-up. Can someone click this link and go to Listen In:Tim Povtak thinks Brian Hill's days are numbered and tell me what it says? It's right on the upper part of the page.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/

I got one more thing to say. If they fire Brian they better make darn sure they got somebody else lined up to coach this team. And I don't want some re-tread either. I'd rather have Brian back instead of a re-tread.

Thanks.

There are so many great coaches out there it would seem impossible for the Magic not to land any of them. Then again this is the Tragic. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by CG:

quote:
Estranged Magic Coach Brian Hill was seen in his office Monday at RDV Sportsplex, still working.

A janitor opened Hill's briefcase, and to his surprise, there were only and apple and a 45 caliber gun in there.

Hill has not been seen since then....

:P

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

I think Povtak is full of it and just speculating. Carlesemo, JVG, and Carlisle are almost carbon copies of Brian Hill. These are all slow tempo, control freaks who micromanage and really are not offensive coaches at all.