Sign in to follow this  
Rafael17222

Garnett for Grant?

JD has definitely found his place and his niche on the Message Boards. He has basically become the "go to" guy for Game Threads, stat posts, and updates.

It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it, and "Blue" does it well.

Oh, and then there is the whole bartending and waitress interviewing gig! Hey JD, I'm a little low over here! How 'bout some more of that Magic concoction!

Those of you who would not do this trade are a bunch of morons. You would have KG- the best, most versitle PF in the league along side Dwight, who is soon to be the best center in the league. And what would you be giving up?? Grant Hill for a year because he will probably sign for the vet minimum next year and Darko. I like Darko and his upside but he will never be close to as good as KG already is. And dont forget, KG has been in the league awhile, but he is not old. It would never happen but how could you not take that trade?? Morons.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

could you imagine how great a trade this would be if the magic included pat garrity also....LOL...

Whats everyones deal with Project Pat Garrity? I understand he isnt very good at basketball, but he was a 4.0 pre-med at Notre Dame! You have to respect that

OK, lets first consider that Garnett is the highest paid player in the league at 21 million. From what I can tell, he is inked to a contract through 2008/2009 that will pay him 24 million in his final year. That's a pretty big investment for 22 points & 12 rebounds. But when you consider that Garnett has never missed more than 5 games in any season throughout his entire career, at least you know that dependability isn't an issue.

If you examine the components of the trade, this deal looks like a can't miss. Upside, potential, and promise are all great attributes, but a bonafied All-star in return for an aging, injury prone Grant Hill & a tentative, jaded Darko is undeniably solid. As mentioned in a previous thread, Grant can always resign with our organizaion after this season making it a straight up deal Darko 4 Garnett. If you say you wouldn't make that trade, you are silly. Darko has upside, but may never amount to a Kevin Garnett.

judging this trade is mainly about judging Darko's potential and our ability to land 07 FA (because trading Grant means loosing our potential 07 FA too)

i believe in Darko and i believe that we will get great 07 FA and that will mean that we are trading three allstar players for only one, and that looks like very uneven trade for me,

and last but not least, KG could give us about 5 great years, but call me a fool that is not enough for me, most of our team have same age so we have ideal chance to build new champion dynasty for about next ten years, and that is exactly what i want

Garnett is only under contract for 3 seasons. He like most veterans will want to play for a contender. He's made plenty of money and will begin to chase the elusive ring very soon.

Garnett is the player that we are all hoping that Darko can become. Very simliar games, but Garnett is the finished product.

You must all remember that Darko is a free agent next year and there is still a chance that he will not resign with the Magic. If you're Otis, what do you do if the trade deadline approaches and Darko hasn't signed an extension? You run the risk of losing both Grant Hill & Darko to free agency and getting nothing in return. Sure we can then go ot and sign other free agents. But then you're starting over with building chemistry and developing a championship contender.

I'm not saying I would take this deal in an instant, but it certainly demands consideration.

yes, there is a chance. but the fact that we'll most likely much every single penny offered to him is almost a good assurance that he'll be back next year. not to mention that he'll be really happy by season's end coz he'll be having the starting spot soon.

I thought this thread was just some crazy, hypothetical bullcrap. So, I never clicked on it. Then this morning I was checking other websites and ran across this at Hoopsworld. It even mentions the Magic as a "possible" suitor(for Garnett). Anyway, since so many guys have posted on this thread I thought I would provide you the info:

quote:
KG Rumors Starting Up: Here are the facts

I doubt us having the cap room on '08. if there will be, we'll have to be mum on next year's fa and still, not enough to offer a good contract to KG.

quote:
I doubt us having the cap room on '08. if there will be, we'll have to be mum on next year's fa and still, not enough to offer a good contract to KG.

I can see KG taking less money if it would bring him a ring