Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

Gortat a Maverick in principle according to Stein's twitter

It still makes sense for Otis to match it. If Dallas wants him bad enough they will offer a sign and trade. If they back off, we have a quality center at a decent price. It wouldn't be hard to trade him down the road if Otis needed to.

So, just so I can try and get all this straight:

We match Dallas offer for the MLE. Worst case scenario, we trade for Bass, who was looking for the MLE anyway. Other option is we get Marcin back. Our lineup then looks solid with the only hole being starting SF or starting SG depending on whether JJ or Pietrus starts.

Jameer/AJ

JJ/Pietrus

VC/Shard/Pietrus

Shard/Anderson

Dwight/Gortat

So, then we'd still have the MLE and the VE to pick up either a starting caliber SG or SF and some more front court help.

My other question is, even if we match for Marcin, isn't he going to be pissed because he wanted to start in Dallas and now he has to come back here for the same amount? Or am I misunderstanding this?

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

My other question is, even if we match for Marcin, isn't he going to be pissed because he wanted to start in Dallas and now he has to come back here for the same amount? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Dunno, maybe they are going to try and start him at the 4 and move Shard back to the 3. That fixes our depth problem at the 2-3.