Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Robinson...Duncan - Gortat...Howard

Our team seems to be re-building along the way the Spurs did.

We've come a long way in the past 2 years and i see us heading this way.

Will we have a dynasty or will Otis screw it up?

Otis has done alot of good moves in building this team and keeping focus during the times when we all thought that things were not going to happen.

Our record has proved that...NBA FINALS

If we as a team follow the plan that Otis has...

Is the Magic going to be the next a Dynasty ?

I BELIEVE we will keep Gortat and go for this cause so far that's what he's done...

don't forget the Magic have said they would exceed the cap.

Our team seems to be re-building along the way the Spurs did.

We've come a long way in the past 2 years and i see us heading this way.

Will we have a dynasty or will Otis screw it up?

Otis has done alot of good moves in building this team and keeping focus during the times when we all thought that things were not going to happen.

Our record has proved that...NBA FINALS

If we as a team follow the plan that Otis has...

Is the Magic going to be the next a Dynasty ?

I BELIEVE we will keep Gortat and go for this cause so far that's what he's done...

don't forget the Magic have said they would exceed the cap.

Robinson was on the downside of his career and Duncan was brought in to take over the franchise and give the Admiral once last chance. I wouldn't really compare that to what Gortat/Howard are.

I agree we need to keep Gortat, the guy is a beast. He rebounds (He was 3rd in the league per 48 for a long time), he blocks shots, he has a nice shot, he hustles, he is still young, and our point Guards run the pick n roll to him more then Howard.

I want the Flying Kielbasa back!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Robinson was on the downside of his career and Duncan was brought in to take over the franchise and give the Admiral once last chance. I wouldn't really compare that to what Gortat/Howard are.

And Gortat is on the up side...

I'm dreaming as you do .

but it's like a wet dream to me...

DREAM ON !!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:

And Gortat is on the up side...

I'm dreaming as you do .

but it's like a wet dream to me...

DREAM ON !!!!!!!!!

To be honest JD, my wet dreams usually consist of women, though I believe a basketball court has been involved once or twice. No Gortat though.

It's sad that at my age women are more important for their being a companion and sports are the only thing that makes me jump off the chair and spill my drink and argue with my wife...

to be young again ...

memories.

quote:

Surely Gortat compares very favorably to all the other centers the Spurs have paired with Duncan since Robinson retired (Nesterovic, Nzar, Oberto, Elson)???

If SVG would just develop this lineup...Orlando would have it's PF issue resolved.

After watching Shard absolutely torture Young in that Phily series on the block, there is no question this team needs to get more minutes for Lewis at the 3 as well.

quote:

I would point out that had The Admiral and Duncan been the same age this league would have never been the same. Jordan would have had a lot harder time pulling off the second 3 peat. And no doubt LA would have not had a 3 peat. Those two took a little while to adjust to each other on the court, but once they did that team was a thing of beauty to watch. They were truly unguardable in the paint. There was never a team that got as many easy buckets as the Spurs did.

If Stan can make it work with Gortat and Howard, you are looking at a combination that will be extremely tough to beat no matter how a team with LeBron next season ends up.

I think Otis has to plan to have Gortat and Dwight continue to develop. We thought we were getting that with a Darko/Dwight lineup. That never happened and Gortat is 10 times better and a 1000 times more focused to be a great player than Darko ever was. It just seems so logical that when you have 2 talented bigs like the Magic do, you find a way to make it work with them both on the floor.

If Gortat comes back he will have a huge raise and therefore you have to give him the chance to lock down the starting PF position from the start of training camp. We already know what we get from a line up with Shard at the PF position. We really need to see what we can get with this line up on the floor through training camp and the first month of the season.

PG - Nelson

SG - Carter

SF - Lewis

PF - Gortat

C - Howard