Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

What would make you happy ?

quote:
Originally posted by thelead:

I voted for #3. Keep VC at the 2 and Rashard at the 4, and most importantly Pietrus on the bench as our 6th man. Pietrus moving into our starting lineup would crush our bench. Either way, we need a starting 3 or a starting 4 to keep Pietrus where he needs to be for this team. I am more open to Anderson starting at the 4 than Pietrus starting at 2 or 3.

The only problem with option 3 is there is only one sf that would bring defense that is available for the midlevel, and his name is Artest. And there are a lot of teams making a run at him. I say we retain Gortat and use the mid level on one solid player and then fill out the roster with scrubs/vets. That way we look something like this:

Starting 5:

Nelson

Carter

MLE or Lewis

Lewis or MLE

Dwight

Bench:

AJ

JJ/Bogans

Pietrus

Anderson

Gortat

That would be an upgrade over last years team and is actually possible.

I agree with Carter at the 2 and Lewis at the 4. Also Pietrus off the bench was huge for us so I would keep that as well. Let go after someone cheap that we can fill that 3 spot or move VC to the 3 and fill the 2 spot. Give me Dantay Jones AND BRING BACK GORTAT.

The problem with moving VC to the 3 is that we lose a lot of size. Especially if you run JJ at the 2. Traditionally, SF are 6'8" and SG 6'6". You would have VC (6'6") at SF and JJ (6'4") at SG. Even Lee at 6'5" had problems with the taller SG. To me, length is very important on the defensive side.

Actually, I'll choose none of the above.

I would have chosen #1, but you used the word "starter". That's not going to happen.

But we do need a quality PF that we can use when the other team gives us major matchup problems with their size.

I am of the opinion that SVG already intends to give Ryan Anderson a shot at major run next season.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I would have chosen #1, but you used the word "starter". That's not going to happen.

But we do need a quality PF that we can use when the other team gives us major matchup problems with their size.

I am of the opinion that SVG already intends to give Ryan Anderson a shot at major run next season.

+1

I voted #3

We already have our starting PF but getting a solid backup banger that could enable us to go to a legit big lineup would be my choice.

Versatility is going to win us the ship.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Been a lot of convo. going on as far as what we need the most.

Well let's take a vote to see what THE MAGIC NATION thinks.

Don't be afraid to tell us why you think that way.

I ll take the toaster and the vacuum cleaner mr Bob sir.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

+1

I voted #3

We already have our starting PF but getting a solid backup banger that could enable us to go to a legit big lineup would be my choice.

Versatility is going to win us the ship.

We need number 3 and 4. A starting PF is not going to happen and was never in the plans. We need a starting SF(Pietrus needs to stay on the bench) and a backup PF/C. If Hedo goes to Portland it will have to be a S&T. That means they deal either Batum/Outlaw or even Fernndez. Throw in Frye and its a done deal. We get what we need and leave JJ and MP on the bench. I think Outlaw would be who they deal. The bad think is we probably could not resign him next year.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I was really hoping to see 'threesome with Deschanel sisters' as a choice.

Not much more than plain and no booty/tits.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

Sheed or Bass please.

People need to get over this. Bass is to expensive and Sheed does not want to come here and I don't think Otis or SVG ever wanted him( which I have been saying for months) This team does not have the veteran leadership to take on a headcase like Sheed. He would drive SVG crazy.