Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Would u consider the Off Season an Epic fail if we ended with this roster.

As long as we resign Gortat and find other players to fill out roster than thats ok with me. Gortat is a big pick up cause we would have our back up and he can play at the 4 with Howard at times. As long as we play him in the 20-24 minutes per game range that would be fine with me. I just want to lock Gortat up for the next several years. He would play a huge role in our rotation. Otis can bring Gortat back and some rookies from summer league back and that would be fine with me. We have our starting 5 already. However i would hope Otis gets 2 players in a sign and trade with the Blazers or Raptors or wherever he goes.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

PG-Jameer/Anthony Johnson/Pargo

SG-Vince Carter/Rodney Carney/ Redick

SF-Rashard Lewis/Pietrus/ Carney

PF-Channing Frye/ Ryan Anderson/ Vet Min

C-Dwight Howard/ Marcin Gortat/vet min

I split the MLE between Frye and Carney

Can u imagine the dunk contests between Pietrus, Vince, Carney and Dwight during Practice? Plus the three point shoot outs betweeen Rashard, Vince, JJ and Pietrus. We actually have a guy (Vince) that can win both the dunk and Three point contest in the same all-star game. LOL!!!

Guys, I dont think we will be signing Gortat. too expensive.. VC is an upgrade for sure but loosing so many pieces from championship team and diluting the roster. This makes it very vulnerable to any injury.

I dont feel good.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Any offseason involving Channing Frye coming here is a failure.

Any offseason involving Channing Frye coming here to start ranks as a catastrophic failure.

QFT

quote:

quote:

Any offseason involving Channing Frye coming here to start ranks as a catastrophic failure.

truth...

the biggest issue with this, is while Frye has this whole heap of upside supposedly, I dont see much contrast between he and Anderson...personally, Anderson seems like the better player solely based on his motor with his current skill set...not an epic failure, but we should look at another type of PF to add more dimension...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

truth...

the biggest issue with this, is while Frye has this whole heap of upside supposedly, I dont see much contrast between he and Anderson...personally, Anderson seems like the better player solely based on his motor with his current skill set...not an epic failure, but we should look at another type of PF to add more dimension...

Now that does make sense. What if Frye is brought in to backup Dwight though, or RA backs up Dwight?

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

No, I think it has a lot of potential but not a sure first Finals team if you ask me.

Why not?

Jameer is an upgrade over Alston and can actually show up on the road.

Carter is an upgrade over Lee and can create his own shot.

Lewis...well he's just Rashard Lewis.

Frye....that's the only downgreade.

Howard should be better than last year.

I see a line up in the 4th with Nelson, Carter, MP, Lewis and Howard. IMO is a better line up b/c Carter in better than Hedo.

Everyone talks about Lee. He played great against Philly the 1st 2 games, but then got injured.

Against Boston he didn't play much since we had JJ on Allen.

Against the Cavs he played Lebron at times, but LBJ is just too hard to stop. He did a good job on West and Mo at times.

I think that lineup is way better than last year's

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

quote:

truth...

Now that does make sense. What if Frye is brought in to backup Dwight though, or RA backs up Dwight?

Let's just find every soft big we possibly can.

quote:

quote:

quote:

truth...

Frye is bigger though and has a little more experience. He could re-establish himself here and i think hes a good fit for our system. I heard he plays better at center than PF, if so he could replace gortat as our back-up center and still bring in a guy like Mcdyess as out starting 4 with Anderson backing him up.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

quote:

truth...

neither one of these guys are centers though, Frye is rail thin and doesnt do contact, Anderson might have the heart but he's not a banger either...it might work on certain nights but definitely not the answer IMO...