Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic may not afford Big Man(Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

if the cost of getting Vince is sacrificing any depth then that was a stupid *** trade.

Subtract rafer, lee, battie, hedo and gortat and add VC and a scrub?

tell me how the **** is this team better?

So Anderson is a scrub but Battie isn't?

I forgot him but he's not a rebounder/defender and we have no real backup for dwight right now either

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

if the cost of getting Vince is sacrificing any depth then that was a stupid *** trade.

Subtract rafer, lee, battie, hedo and gortat and add VC and a scrub?

tell me how the **** is this team better?

So Anderson is a scrub but Battie isn't?

Some people can't see beyond VC and forget that the Magic also picked up Ryan Anderson who might turn out to be the real gold in this trade considering how long term he is going to be with the Magic.

He is the kind of PF that we have been looking for and some have already written him off. (rolling eyes).

Junkie.

You're Debbie Downer, for real. I'm just sayin'.

Look, no one knows how far into the luxury tax the Magic brass are willing to go. Heck, the actually cap ITSELF for next year hasn't even been set yet. Free Agency hasn't even actually started yet...

It's far too early to panic, people.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Powe is out until January

Yes, that's why we I was thinking that maybe we can get him for cheap and have him healthy come playoff time. icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldnt say Ryan Anderson is quite the PF the team has always been looking for. Everyone on here is always clamoring for a true PF and that is what the team is actually looking for now. Anderson isnt a scrub but, he plays more like a big SF, ala Garrity or Troy Murphy. He'll be a decent role player this year and maybe a decent starter one day but, I wouldnt get that excited about him. He was a nice addition at least, I'll put it that way.

you guys need to chill. we're 5 million under the tax right now (current roster at 66 million, tax this past season was almost 72 million). Title contending teams pay upwards of 77 million per. We'll probably resign gortat, split the mle with 2 guys and thats our rotation of 11. That leaves us a couple million to sign guys like johan petro or other veteren bench guys to the minimum.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Junkie.

It's Denton's article, Sky...not mine...I'm just going by what I read...and I don't like it...at all...I, for once hope Deton is wrong about things...

Gortat is gone. We wont match the MLE and he's surely going to get that...atleast.

And he's not stupid, he's being offered starting gigs, elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Junkie.

Look, no one knows how far into the luxury tax the Magic brass are willing to go. Heck, the actually cap ITSELF for next year hasn't even been set yet. Free Agency hasn't even actually started yet...

It's far too early to panic, people.

I have never seen so many people willing to jump off that bridge over rumor and .........

listen to Sky folks he is right you know.

quote:
Originally posted by New Guy:

I wouldnt say Ryan Anderson is quite the PF the team has always been looking for. Everyone on here is always clamoring for a true PF and that is what the team is actually looking for now. Anderson isnt a scrub but, he plays more like a big SF, ala Garrity or Troy Murphy. He'll be a decent role player this year and maybe a decent starter one day but, I wouldnt get that excited about him. He was a nice addition at least, I'll put it that way.

If he turns out to be anything like Murphy, then we got a steal. The kid average close to 8 points and 5 rebounds a game, while only playing 21 minutes per game. That's pretty good numbers for a rookie.

u guys r makin me panic. Im so confused right now. But i think everyones overreacting.

Otis Smith isnt a dumbass who will leave us with just Dwight Foyl and Anderson as our bigs. Obvoiusly he has a plan of what to do, he is a fricken GM.

in 8 days itl all be right.