Sign in to follow this  
A BETTER DJ

Official: FORGET ABOUT DREAMS OF HAVING BOOZER

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

This is what I did not understand about Hedo, the $$ available today are to lean to chance!

Hedo had to take his chances this year. no one will offer a decent contract to a would-be 31 years-old player. this is Hedo's last big payday

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

They probably end up losing Milsap this year because of this and Boozer will be a FA in 2010 so they could end up with nothing. This guy just continues to screw his teams over.

Would you think that Utah may try to move him even though he has exercised his option.

He's not a bad option for a one year stint for a team. They could pick up some players and draft picks and maybe free up some money for Milsap.

Just a thought.

quote:
Originally posted by Levation1331:

quote:

Overall, it was a pretty smart move by Boozer. He was not going to command that type of $$'s in this market. The smart money will be spent during the frenzy of 2010, when there will be a larger field to include the guy's on the 2nd and 3rd tier of FA's.

This is what I did not understand about Hedo, the $$ available today are to lean to chance!

Yea, but how can Hedo support his family only making 7 mill this year.

Classic Spreewell!!!!!!! LOL

I think he should fire his agent and tell Otis to bring back that extension offer!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by NAO:

quote:

Hedo had to take his chances this year. no one will offer a decent contract to a would-be 31 years-old player. this is Hedo's last big payday

Agreed....and for this reason his best or strongest opportunity remained with the Magic! Unless Hedo's agent has a promisary note in his hand, $$ he could have maxed the extension out at between $40-$45 mil over 5 years..at best!

I could be wrong, but if you are not #1 on anyones list...$44 mil is nothing to walk away from, not to mention a starting position on the most powerful starting five in the league!!!!!

I could be completely wrong here and it would not be the first time but here it goes...

Paul Millsap falls under the Gilbert Arenas provision so any team signing him to an offer cannot offer him more than the league average salary or 175% of his salary for his first year salary. Now they can offer him a big deal but it comes with an 8% raise in year 2 and then a whopper of a raise in year 3.

Therefore the Jazz can match any offer using their MLE.

Also any team that signs him to an offer sheet has to be able to fit the whole number under the cap so if they offer him a 5/50 million (the big raise comes in year 3) they have to be 10 million under the cap.

So I guess what I am getting at is that Millsap's salary next year should not be so prohibitive that the Jazz will not bring him back especially with Okur and Boozer definitely walking or expecting raises next season.

quote:

I could be wrong, but if you are not #1 on anyones list...$44 mil is nothing to walk away from, not to mention a starting position on the most powerful starting five in the league!!!!!

well he was #1 on Ric Buchner's list icon_smile.gif:P

Drain-O interesting take on Millsap. As far as I know they really like Millsap there and owner was very critical of Boozer's D and his commitment to the team. I think they will keep Millsap. unload either Boozer or AK47 in the mid-season or pay tax this year and wait for the expiring contracts (they have around 15 mil expiring)