ReeceGaines

Dwight Howard said to be upset with Vince Carter deal [Steve Kyler]

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

If they told dwight that vince=no lee and hedo, i'd be pissed to, you trade two good player for one good player.

Hedo opting out and not accepting Orlando's offer = +Vince -Lee

Orlando waiting Hedo out and doing nothing until he decides = possibly waiting your team out of possible improvements and completely destroying your leverage when bargaining with Hedo because now you have no other options.

The Magic waiting around for Hedo would be like meeting a good looking girl out at a party. You talk to her for a long time, you guys seem to hit it off, then you ask her if she wants to take off and go somewhere quiet, and she says "Wait a little while, I want to see what else comes along." So you tell her that you really want to hang out, and you are going to go talk to your friends while she makes up her mind.

Meanwhile, a couple other hot girls (some hotter than the first) come by and make a pass or two at you, only, you turn them down because you are waiting on the other girl. What you aren't noticing, is that one by one, these girls are all leaving the party with other guys.

Pretty soon, all that's left is a couple of fugly chicks, the girl you were talking to from the beginning, and 4 guys. Every single one of those guys wants to take home the same girl. The competition just heated up, and you could have been home alone with some other hot chick had you not had your head up your rear end earlier hoping things would work out with one girl in particular.

A bird in the hand...

Excellent analogy.

Not to mention, after a few romps the second girl will be gone and you are free to go after a younger girl.

While the first girl would have gotten clingy and stuck around for 3 extra years.

quote:
Originally posted by mood:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

To Hedo's credit, he's about the only one who ever completed the alley oop to Dwight where he spins off his man. I'm not sure we'll be able to see that at least once a game without Hedo.

I don't know...I don't doubt Vince can handle it.

Its been a dream of mine, for a long time, to bring Vince home to Orlando. I even settled (for a while) for the poor man's version of Carter:McGrady...LOL.

poor mans carter??? T-mac?? Come oonn man be honest..or at least think before typing..orr do the research..

did carter ever lead the league in scoring..no.

Tmac did..twice

did carter ever sellected for the all-nba first team..no..

T-mac did

quote:

quote:

If they told dwight that vince=no lee and hedo, i'd be pissed to, you trade two good player for one good player.

Orlando waiting Hedo out and doing nothing until he decides = possibly waiting your team out of possible improvements and completely destroying your leverage when bargaining with Hedo because now you have no other options.

The Magic waiting around for Hedo would be like meeting a good looking girl out at a party. You talk to her for a long time, you guys seem to hit it off, then you ask her if she wants to take off and go somewhere quiet, and she says "Wait a little while, I want to see what else comes along." So you tell her that you really want to hang out, and you are going to go talk to your friends while she makes up her mind.

Meanwhile, a couple other hot girls (some hotter than the first) come by and make a pass or two at you, only, you turn them down because you are waiting on the other girl. What you aren't noticing, is that one by one, these girls are all leaving the party with other guys.

Pretty soon, all that's left is a couple of fugly chicks, the girl you were talking to from the beginning, and 4 guys. Every single one of those guys wants to take home the same girl. The competition just heated up, and you could have been home alone with some other hot chick had you not had your head up your rear end earlier hoping things would work out with one girl in particular.

A bird in the hand...

Nicely put...great analogy

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

quote:

quote:

A bird in the hand...

Excellent analogy.

Not to mention, after a few romps the second girl will be gone and you are free to go after a younger girl.

While the first girl would have gotten clingy and stuck around for 3 extra years.

Hilarious AND true

mcgrady had some seasons better than anything vince ever did, but when their careers are over carter will be viewed as the better overall player, mostly because of injuries but it is what it is

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Doubt it. He would have tweeted about it.

i dunno after the trade happened he twittered something like "im not going to talk about any trades right now"

at the time i thought it was because of MJ dieng but you never know

otis is an idiot if he didnt talk to dwight about this move before making it

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Anyone know for sure if it is Dwight that writes the blogs on Dwighthoward.com?

If so, it doesn't sound so serious. I have been checking his blog for a while now to see what he has been saying. Here it is...

http://www.dwighthoward.com/blog/

quote:

"So I

*** am I reading? Who is the GM? Otis or Howard? Is Howard his assistant or something?

Otis Smith does not need to ask Howard if it's ok with him so sign VC. That's just insane!

lol at people bashing dwight over nothing. all he said was he was happy to get carter but sad to see his friends leave. how is that not being grown up about something. that's like your next door neighbor, whom you've been friends with for a while moves away and some smoking hot chick moves in instead. sure your buddy is gone, but there is more upside with the hot chick.