Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan57

Who's door will the Magic target first come July 1?

one more restricted

Channing Frye - decent fit at the PF with Dwight, young player, and another advantage; if we offer most of the MLE and Portland matches, they probably won't be able to make a run at Hedo.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Jessica Alba for our Dance team.

Championship!

i say dynasty. all van gundy would have to do is tell his players, "DO you really wanna be the team that makes Jessica Alba cry?"

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

i really hope they have Bass ahead of Sheed. im worried that sheed has nothing left

I hope not, unless you are specifically looking for bench help. I don't think you can play Bass at the PF with Dwight at the 5; he doesn't have a good enough mid-range, or 3-point range to open up the middle for Dwight.

what are you basing his mid range game on?

Check his shooting chart... he is 55% on the base lines 55% from the right elbow and 45% left elbow... He does need to improve his top of the key straight shot, but he is a very good mid range shooter... He also is in the top twenty in ft%; better then hedo and rashard...

Add all that with youth, quickness, and power...

Bass is not a finished product. If he takes 2 years reach his full potential, we wasted Vince Carter. Sheed makes this team championship ready, and when he and Carter are finished we can retool.

If they find some crazy way to sign both, awesome, but if the goal of the trade was championship or bust, Sheed is option A.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Bass is not a finished product. If he takes 2 years reach his full potential, we wasted Vince Carter. Sheed makes this team championship ready, and when he and Carter are finished we can retool.

If they find some crazy way to sign both, awesome, but if the goal of the trade was championship or bust, Sheed is option A.

I agree that Sheed (if healthy and not too old) would give us a better shot at a title, but I don't think it matters too much as long as we get a solid PF. We have 4 all stars in our starting 5 that can do all the scoring they need too. Even if Bass isn't at full potential he can rebound and play defense and that's what we need him for, not his J or anything else.

While writing this post, I've concluded that we should go with Bass. I have a bad feeling about getting 5 huge names on the court at the same time. I don't see them being able to cope with one another for 98 games.

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

i really hope they have Bass ahead of Sheed. im worried that sheed has nothing left

I hope not, unless you are specifically looking for bench help. I don't think you can play Bass at the PF with Dwight at the 5; he doesn't have a good enough mid-range, or 3-point range to open up the middle for Dwight.

I don't agree with this logic.

Horace Grant was the perfect compliment to Shaq because he could consistently hit the 18-20 footer. He did not have to go beyond the 3-point line to have that impact.

That is what Battie was supposed to be, but he was so inconsistent with that shot, that he became a massive liability.

There are good arguments for both players, and either would be an excellent addition. I'm only saying that the fact that a player can't hit the shot from beyond the arc does not mean that he can be left to double-team on Dwight. The key is that the player must be able to consistently hit a shot outside the paint, otherwise the defense will take their chances in leaving him. If you left Goggles, he would make you pay. Every time.