Sign in to follow this  
Blackhennie

BASS NEWS and Videos: New Article Braking Bass down by Numbers pg30

Bass is not undersized. In terms of how to measure a PF, I measure their size by their ability to rebound, not their height, which is why we're seen as utilizing a small lineup despite Rashard being 6'10.

Also, Bass doesn't play like Dwight. He's simply as explosive as him.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Bass is not undersized. In terms of how to measure a PF, I measure their size by their ability to rebound, not their height, which is why we're seen as utilizing a small lineup despite Rashard being 6'10.

Also, Bass doesn't play like Dwight. He's simply as explosive as him.

There games are more opposite because bass is face up with no real post moves.

they both can rebound, are explosive and are physical. Our defense would be crazy.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

If we keep Anderson then Bass would be a real nice compliment. He is the Horace Grant starting PF that shoots the high % shot. The floor is still spread because Bass can stand at the top of the key or the elbow which is always open.

He can also be there and allow Rashard to postup his man quite easily.

Most importantly he can run the floor and is super athletic. That causes matchup problems.

This is the visions I keep seeing

Two reasons why I doubt we will get bass is number 1 he isn't as good as Sheed although he is young by us getting VC it shows we are trying to win now. #2 is the dynamic of our team would change when hes out there we would run two men down low instead of just Dwight. Sheed is a better fit with our style of play

quote:
Originally posted by Superman12:

Two reasons why I doubt we will get bass is number 1 he isn't as good as Sheed although he is young by us getting VC it shows we are trying to win now. #2 is the dynamic of our team would change when hes out there we would run two men down low instead of just Dwight. Sheed is a better fit with our style of play

Bass can shoot and dunk on people if you leave him. We would be more dynamic on defense.

Bass has a shooting touch. Check the numbers and the video... He even was in the top twenty in ft %

Bass answer our problems for 5-10yrs and wallace is a spare tire good for now but will be replaced latter. Don't get me like wallace but he is thinking of retirement. That states something.

Bass compliments Howard game more then you think.

article on bass....

Brandon Bass enters unrestricted free agency with a bang.

From ESPN.com's John Hollinger:

There probably isn't much Dallas could have done against the Nuggets, and Rick Carlisle squeezed about all he could from the Mavericks' limited roster. But one thing he may kick himself for is not giving Brandon Bass a more extended run. Bass only averaged 19 minutes a game in the playoffs, but his production was monstrous -- he ranks 11th among all players in postseason PER, right behind 10 rather prominent NBA stars.

Here is the rest:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com...n-bass-make-dur.html

another Article

Free Agent Targets: Brandon Bass

Way back when Rod Thorn gave his state of the team address, he called this upcoming free agent class average at best. While he was unable to talk about any specific player (due to NBA rules), you just got the feeling that the Nets wouldn

I'm sold.

Guy stand at 6'6.25" without shoes, with a 7'2.5" wingspan.

31.5 inches no step vertical, which I think is really important for defense.

Get this guy, Otis.

His standing reach is just 4 inches shorter than Dwight's.

Im on board... from the looks of it he hits the boards hard, runs in the fast break really well and can finish, and has a solid mid range jumper. Think about it, the pick and pop and pick and roll possibilities with him are endless... which is our whole playbook lol. Not to mention he plays some solid defense; him and dwight together make the most pound for pound muscle of any frontcourt in the league LOL.