Sign in to follow this  
BriceC0815

Magic to pursue Rasheed Wallace and Brandon Bass

the story is now on realgm. (i can't get a link because i'm on my ipod touch) but it says that Boston and San Antonio are also pursuing Sheed.

If I read correctly, Sheed will want $5-8 mil per, before he will talk to anyone to include Detroit. So with that in mind.....Bass is the future at our PF spot! He will be a nightmare on the 1st or 2nd unit and runs the heck out of the floor!!! Sign him Otis and don't waste time!!!

are we trying to sign both?

Starting Lineup

Nelson

Carter

Lewis(not a big fan of him at the 3 for defensive reaons)

Sheed

Dwight

than dwight takes his break

Sheed moves to the 5

Bass comes to the 4

Dwight comes back sheed goes out for extended break

bass comes out ryan anderson comes in at the 4 for a couple mins

than sheed comes back and starters are back in....

could the magic make that work.... i'd like to see ryan anderson be developed in to a quality power forward

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

Not crazy about Sheed. Dwight has enough problems with his temperment racking up T's. Wallace would only perpetuate this attitude. Plus at this point with the baggage he brings, he is not the same player he was on the Detroit Championship team. Bringing him in alongside vince, reminds me of the makeup of the 04 lakers. Great players in the past, who are now at the end of their career jumping on board of an already talented team thinking a championship is a forgone conclusion.

Just a heads up, both VC and Sheed are still in the middle of their careers - both have another 3-4 years left, my friend. Check their stats - there are no key indicators that really point to a decline in either of them. Sure, they aren't going to score like they did 5 years ago, but they've both still got it.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

Mdaniels.jpg <-----Marquis Daniels

come on, this guy is dying to play here. He would be a solid back up.

I

Anyone else get the feeling our team is like a (big) kid in a candy store? It's almost as if the light finally went off when they got the lux tax go-ahead - "Hey, we can afford to field a NORMAL team instead of this stupid 2-SF lineup!" - our team will be so much better next season with Shard at the 3 and a true PF (or even help at the 'C' with Sheed!).

Hopefully the new guys (VC & PF) come in humble and follow our current leaders in Nelson and D12 - it will be important for them to fit in, similar to how Shard stepped in without stepping on toes. I think VC is capable - and both Bass / Sheed are high character guys... Sheed's just a loose cannon on the court, which can be good and bad...

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic but no we need to get someone who can't attack the rim and clog the lane, yeah this is good for dwight (sarcasm)

Can't say I agree with you there, brother. I would rather Carter attack the rim than Hedo.

I know I will get flamed for this...but I don't really care. Hedo frustrated the hell out of me. Sure, he had his clutch shots...but he wasn't very consistent. Not to mention, he might make a great defensive play at one end of the court and then turn it over. Hedo was frustratingly inconsistent.

I appreciate what he did here, and I like him as a player...I just think that if we sign Rasheed/Bass and possibly re-sign Gortat, we will be set up very nicely for a championship run...with or without Hedo.

Furthermore, Hedo can't create his own shot in the way that Carter can. We really needed a player like Carter for our most recent Finals bid...I am glad that we now have him.

Personally I would take Bass over Sheed, I think Sheed still takes most of the MLE if he signs - theres just no way he signs for the vet min as there are too many teams interested. It wouldn't suprise me if either Gortat or Sheed ends up in San Antonio they need another big man desperately. I would still be happy with Sheed just more so if we aquire Bass.

LOL @ Kberto.

Well, taking both is maybe dreaming, I would be very happy to have one of them. Sheed for the short term is perfect, but considering that we've just made a move in this sense, maybe Bass could be a better choice.

I'll be a happy camper anyway, but until know, those are just rumors.

The rest of the money IMHO is for another PG. It's a shame that we hadn't take back Keyon in the Nets trade somehow. Being a tweener, he would have improved our depth at SG position too.

how about, Sheed for the vet's minimum...and then S&T turk to Portland for Outlaw/Batum & Patty Mills

That way we still keep our bench depth...

I really love Patty Mills I wish we could get him for backup pg.