Sign in to follow this  
BriceC0815

Magic to pursue Rasheed Wallace and Brandon Bass

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

Why in God's name are we not targeting McDyess? Seriously?

Honestly, I think Rasheed is the better fit. He's a better defender and he has 3pt range. They are also about the same age so that really doesn't factor into the thought process.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I'm calling it now.. your 2009-2010 Defending Eastern Conference Champion Orlando Magic.

C. Dwight Howard/Sheed/Foyle?

PF. Rasheed Wallace/Anderson/Bass/(Rashard)

SF. Rashard Lewis/Pietrus/(Carter)/(Anderson)

SG. Vince Carter/Pietrus/Redick

PG. Jameer Nelson/A.J./? ? ?

Think about the versatility. Sheed can play PF or C. Both Anderson and Shard can play either Forward spot. Both VC and MP can play SG or SF.

Anderson will be like "Mini Shard" off the bench and stretch the floor. Yet, he can still play hard on the inside and rebound.

If we need to go big and conventional off the bench, we'll use Bass. Yet, he can still stroke the mid range jumper.

Literally the only problem this team would have is, we still need a 2nd or 3rd string PG now that Alston's gone. Preferably a young one.

But the point remains, this roster:

NBA Championship.

In the dream world yes, but in the real world this lineup is not going to happen. Sky you used to be the one who brought the rest of us down to earth.

Now you have your head up in the clouds instead of both feet on the ground.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

Honestly, I think Rasheed is the better fit. He's a better defender and he has 3pt range. They are also about the same age so that really doesn't factor into the thought process.

I don't disagree. McDyess just seems to have a better attitude and was one of the few that didn't quit on the Pistons last year. He doesn't have the range that Wallace has but has range enough and is an offensive rebounding machine. I can't think of a realistic PF in the league that I'd rather pair with Dwight.

To me, the only advantage the Bass has is youth. However, we just acquired a 21 year old PF that shot over 38% from 3 point land. I think people are really underestimating his ability to contribute next year. I'd rather spend the money on Gortat than Bass.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

If we loose Hedo without doing an S&T, and Wallace is happy to come for the vets min, then why not both icon_wink.gif

Bass for MLE, or part there of and Sheed for the vet min.

But resigning Hedo should still be #1 priority, but not for 50 over 5. He should get a 3 year contract, 4 max, at around 8-9.

That's what Turk was offerred and he turned it down. Hence, Vince Carter. I'm pretty sure Turk is a goner. We made an offer, he declined, we moved on. Now, if he comes back, we can't afford the same offer so he either takes a paycut to stay, or bounces. Turk did this to himself.

As far as the article, I also read it as they would go after both players, not 1 OR the other. Dwight, Sheed, Bass, Anderson - looks good to me. Makes you wonder what'll happen with Gortat. I hope we keep him.

ahhhhhhhh so many options, lol. good problem to have though.

Disagree they can still offer for Hedo, but if he comes back to them it will be for around 7.5 to 8 million not the 9 million that he was already offered.

As to Wallace he was talking about retirement if Detroit didn't want him. Sounded like he was really tired of playing any more.

thanks for disagreeing, then restating what I wrote in my post.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't disagree. McDyess just seems to have a better attitude and was one of the few that didn't quit on the Pistons last year. He doesn't have the range that Wallace has but has range enough and is an offensive rebounding machine. I can't think of a realistic PF in the league that I'd rather pair with Dwight.

To me, the only advantage the Bass has is youth. However, we just acquired a 21 year old PF that shot over 38% from 3 point land. I think people are really underestimating his ability to contribute next year. I'd rather spend the money on Gortat than Bass.

We agree completely on Bass. I think he is a very good Plan B.

Wallace really has a undeserved reputation. The man complains a lot about calls (but Dwight does to. Maybe its because he smiles more) but that is pretty much the extent of his bad attitude. I've never heard a teammate say a bad thing about him. Pistons fans absolutely love....and lets face it....if a player is causing waves in the organization, we are quick to rip into them. Even his coaches have liked him. Larry Brown absolutely loved him. I've got to think that if he can play for Larry Brown he can play for anyone.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We agree completely on Bass. I think he is a very good Plan B.

Wallace really has a undeserved reputation. The man complains a lot about calls (but Dwight does to. Maybe its because he smiles more) but that is pretty much the extent of his bad attitude. I've never heard a teammate say a bad thing about him. Pistons fans absolutely love....and lets face it....if a player is causing waves in the organization, we are quick to rip into them. Even his coaches have liked him. Larry Brown absolutely loved him. I've got to think that if he can play for Larry Brown he can play for anyone.

Believe me, if we got Wallace I would jump around in circles around my living room. In my perfect dream world we would land Wallace AND McDyess. For me its really a preference of McDyess and that's why I'm disappointed that he's not listed as a target.

If I were Otis, my big men priorities would go like this...

1a) McDyess

1b) Sheed

2) Retain Gortat

3) Bass

Grabbing 2 of those 4 and then filling out the roster with minimums would make an extremely successful offeason IMO.

I'd also add that if all Sheed does in his time here is teach Dwight that baseline fadeaway it would be well worth whatever dollars we spend on him. Thankfully, we know he'll bring a lot more.