Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Video Presser: Vince Carter

quote:
Originally posted by jaybkool:

Now we have 2 Guards with speed and both are very inconsistent shooters, especially Reddick. Vince Carter is a forward, not a Guard, and is towards the end of his career. Alston and Lee had great speed and could even take it to the hole, and were great shooters, and they were YOUNG! Who is going to come in and substitute for Jameer with Speed at the point guard. We HAVE NO SPEED ON THE TEAM NOW other than Jameer Nelson, and they will wear him out, and Reddick has proven he can't shoot anymore. They will lose a lot of games next year, the chemistry is gone, and there is No Chance of repeating this years performance. V Carter is old, and the Magic's Speed and chemistry is Gone. Horrible Decision here.

Im going to take it you're on drugs. Rafer is the SAME age as Vince and an extremly streaky shooter if you had taken the time to get any facts at all you would realise Rafer shot roughly 32 percent from 3 point land for Orlando. Vince shot roughly 39 percent last season and in case you're not aware most defences key in on Vince unlike Rafer who is left open and dared to shoot. Quite frankly I held my breathe every time Rafer took a shot. The loss of Courtney is dissapointing but we have got back a young stud in a position we desperately need to fill. I really have warmed to this trade after the initial shock.

Just wanted to say to Dan cheers for the link and is there going to be a press conference for Ryan at somepoint as I know a lot of posters on these boards dont know too much about him??

Just saw this from chad ford

quote:
according to John Hollinger's PER, Anderson had a better rookie year than Lee did.

Getting a young PF that can shoot the three is worth more than C Lee which kills me to say because I love Courtney Lee.

So the trade works down this way, you get Vince for expendable parts (Rafer and Battie).

Then you trade Courtney for Anderson straight up, bigs are always worth more that smalls especially when they can shoot. This PF can actually be on the floor with Dwight without killing our spacing which means more time for Shard at SF.

We're more in line now for a championship than we were yesterday.

I am not sure I am as optimistic as everyone.

Pietrus, Nelson, and Carter are injury prone. What do we do if (primarily Nelson/Carter) get injured?

We don't have much depth (see Lakers for good example of depth)

We need to sign a physical PF (retaining Gortat would be good... Signing Sheed would be better)

quote:
We're more in line now for a championship than we were yesterday.

Seriously. If we kept all the fan favorites over the years; Darko (at the time), Ariza, and CLee, would we be in a better position to win? I think not.

quote:

Now we have 2 Guards with speed and both are very inconsistent shooters, especially Reddick. Vince Carter is a forward, not a Guard, and is towards the end of his career. Alston and Lee had great speed and could even take it to the hole, and were great shooters, and they were YOUNG! Who is going to come in and substitute for Jameer with Speed at the point guard. We HAVE NO SPEED ON THE TEAM NOW other than Jameer Nelson, and they will wear him out, and Reddick has proven he can't shoot anymore. They will lose a lot of games next year, the chemistry is gone, and there is No Chance of repeating this years performance. V Carter is old, and the Magic's Speed and chemistry is Gone. Horrible Decision here.

do you watch basketball? did you even know who the magic were before the playoffs? just another bandwagoner?

quote:
Originally posted by orlando12:

I am not sure I am as optimistic as everyone.

Pietrus, Nelson, and Carter are injury prone. What do we do if (primarily Nelson/Carter) get injured?

We don't have much depth (see Lakers for good example of depth)

We need to sign a physical PF (retaining Gortat would be good... Signing Sheed would be better)

do you also not watch basketball? carter has missed 5 games total over the last 2 years.

-and just to touch up a bit on the trade. alston was going to be a hassle to have coming off the bench and battie was useless. we get a pf which we desperately needed who is also a rookie, huge plus. anderson is going to develop into a solid player and while clee was fan favorite and he has a lot of potential, his best season won't be as good as vince carter is at 33. i think as magic fans we overvalued clee. lee is going to be a solid everyday nba player at some point of his career, assuming he actually develops the way we think he will (he's not going to be an allstar game starter, though). vince carter does everything hedu does but better. i'm not at all worried about people saying "omg we have too many all stars, they will ruin chemistry b/c they all want to score". they want rings and a trophie. carter is getting older, sheed already had his glory as a scorer in Seattle and said that he's been the star player for Seattle for many years and he was always home watching the playoffs. these guys want to win and they will sacrifice a few points/touches a game if it means they get a ring.

quote:

your right... in fact losing hedo, our fastest player and replacing him with a sluggish, unathletic Vince Carter is just terrible. and even more, pietrus is just slow. and even more, our BEST(i can barely type that with a straight face) shooters have been replaced by a hack shooting guard called vince carter. if carter could shoot maybe this trade would be good but vince is a terrible shot and the sky is falling. ....

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Just saw this from chad ford

quote:
according to John Hollinger's PER, Anderson had a better rookie year than Lee did.

Getting a young PF that can shoot the three is worth more than C Lee which kills me to say because I love Courtney Lee.

So the trade works down this way, you get Vince for expendable parts (Rafer and Battie).

Then you trade Courtney for Anderson straight up, bigs are always worth more that smalls especially when they can shoot. This PF can actually be on the floor with Dwight without killing our spacing which means more time for Shard at SF.

and even better, something that SVG made clear, is that ryan anderson fill a specific role behind Rashard. If we can match offers for Marcin, we have our two best players backed up with identical style backups. Thats HUGE for consistency.

Our focus now should be on getting some depth at the 2 and 3.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Why do people continue to say Carter is injury prone? He's missed 11 games the last four years. He played more games than any of our players played last year.

Yeah i keep hearing this too. i mean he did have some injuries in Toronto, but seriously people look at some stats before you same something that is completely wrong. Any nba player can get injured as we all know. It isnt like VC is that Glass man or something. the guy has averaged 79 games a year for the past five years. VC IS NOT INJURY PRONE BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:

your right... in fact losing hedo, our fastest player and replacing him with a sluggish, unathletic Vince Carter is just terrible. and even more, pietrus is just slow. and even more, our BEST(i can barely type that with a straight face) shooters have been replaced by a hack shooting guard called vince carter. if carter could shoot maybe this trade would be good but vince is a terrible shot and the sky is falling. ....

OK u guys. I dont get mad easily. BUt u two are obvoiusly rediculous ignorant little kids. Vince carter is one of the best Shooters in the leauge. Have u seen his percentages or WATCHED A **** GAME OF HIS!! u guys act like uve watched the entire Net's/Raptor's seasons. Hes an AMAZING shooter. And how can u say Hedo is ur fastest player? lol Alston and Nelson were easily ur fastest players. N VC is faster then Hedo

Dont get me wrong i love Hedo but he was going to have to leave the Magic one way or another. Y not replace him with a superstar like Carter. N since wen is Pietrus slow? U need to open ur eyes and watch a few games, before u blurt out some random thoughts of urs. Carter is a better 3 point, midrange, close shooter then Lee is. So idk where ur thoughts r comin from.

GO MAGIC!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:

OK u guys. I dont get mad easily. BUt u two are obvoiusly rediculous ignorant little kids. Vince carter is one of the best Shooters in the leauge. Have u seen his percentages or WATCHED A **** GAME OF HIS!! u guys act like uve watched the entire Net's/Raptor's seasons. Hes an AMAZING shooter. And how can u say Hedo is ur fastest player? lol Alston and Nelson were easily ur fastest players. N VC is faster then Hedo

Dont get me wrong i love Hedo but he was going to have to leave the Magic one way or another. Y not replace him with a superstar like Carter. N since wen is Pietrus slow? U need to open ur eyes and watch a few games, before u blurt out some random thoughts of urs. Carter is a better 3 point, midrange, close shooter then Lee is. So idk where ur thoughts r comin from.

GO MAGIC!!!

erm you may want to put some batteries into your sarcasm detector FloridanaJones was Joking lol