Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Burgundy

Sheeeed

ALso, I know hedo is good and a great player, but lewis will go back to his spot as a SF, more 3 bombs, and VC at SG, with sheed helping supa man, comon we dont need 3 SF's

Vince was always a SF but can play SG

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

hedo is the one that will leave, I am sad to see this happen, but its how the game works.

quote:
Originally posted by Sacmo:

ALso, I know hedo is good and a great player, but lewis will go back to his spot as a SF, more 3 bombs, and VC at SG, with sheed helping supa man, comon we dont need 3 SF's

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

hedo is the one that will leave, I am sad to see this happen, but its how the game works.

Not more 3 bombs. Shard got all those open looks because most 4's don't/can't guard out on the perimeter. Moving back to the 3 will make it easier for teams to guard him with other quick athletic players that play the 3 position.

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

oh...u mean Half-Man Half-Season? true

Dude has missed 11 games the last 4 years. Played in all but 2 last year. I've heard this injury prone thing all yesterday and with recent Carter history I just don't see where it's coming from.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

I still don't feel comfortable losing Hedo. He was our best playmaker and clutch shooter, besides Rashard.

Uh huh... Vince Carter says "what's up."

But, what about your sig? hehehe

soon to change

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

quote:

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

Not more 3 bombs. Shard got all those open looks because most 4's don't/can't guard out on the perimeter. Moving back to the 3 will make it easier for teams to guard him with other quick athletic players that play the 3 position.

He will post the small player up easy and should over most small players. There is a reason he was a all star at sf as well.

Plus with sheed, he will hurt teams that double team because of the three ball.

I am more worried about the defense vs James and Mello type players vs Lewis. Lewis is not good vs SF players that dribble good.

Count me in for getting Sheed here, even though I can't stand him in a Pistons uni, I would love to see him and Dwight under the basket together.

Plus Sheed can layout whoever tries to come inside on us, something no one on this team ever does. Sheed has that edge that this team needs to win a ring. Come on Otis, make it happen!!

quote:

quote:

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

Rashard is a huge match-up issue for 3s. The open threes came because bigs can't guard him on the perimeter but in a spead floor, he is much better down low against the smaller players he will face

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

He will post the small player up easy and should over most small players. There is a reason he was a all star at sf as well.

I am more worried about the defense vs James and Mello type players vs Lewis. Lewis is not good vs SF players that dribble good.

That is the real issue here but at the same time, it won't be worse than Hedo against these guys. The big issue is that now we don't have a good defender at any perimeter position but I suppose the paint will be off limits if we have 'Sheed and Dwight roaming

Howard needs help with rebounding. Wallace or McDysse would be great for that. Both can shoot both have inside game. True PF. Move Shard to SF where he can abuse 6'8" players, Carter SG, Nelson of course at point.

Off the bench. Anderson Pietrus, Gortat and whoever we could get on the cheap.

McDyess is the more likely of the two in my opinion, a few board members on the Detroit forum think Sheed will go to a contending team that offers the most money, I dont know too much about other teams cap space but they seem to think San Antonio would be a likely destination, then again it wouldnt suprise me if the Spurs went after Gortat I think he would be a great fit there. Hopefully this trade has given us enough star power to attract McDyess at least.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

Lewis is a SF

hedo is a SF

That is the real issue here but at the same time, it won't be worse than Hedo against these guys. The big issue is that now we don't have a good defender at any perimeter position but I suppose the paint will be off limits if we have 'Sheed and Dwight roaming

I've been thinking about this. If Rashard moves over to 3, he will post up many people there, but could get abused by faster SFs and will not be able to shoot open 3s because of the other big men not being able to guard him up in the perimeter.

I wonder if we want that. Get post up advantage, lose defensive and 3pt shooting advantage. Is his post game worth it?