Magic Trade For Vince Carter [Updated: Pics in Magic Jersey]

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

Talk about sour grapes you need to see this

Mychal Thompson, a Lakers radio analyst seems to think that the Magic did really bad in their trade for Vince Carter (what an idiot) this is what he said about the trade.

"Turkoglu is their playmaker. Carter is a guy who when he gets the ball, everything stops because he wants to go one-on-one," Thompson said. "Carter is way past his prime (and) is a one-dimensional player who takes horrible shots."

When I read what this guy said I was thinking either he is an idiot or he is just scared that the Lakers now know they won't repeat.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

No he is exactly right,Carter is a ballhog and does not play team ball well. He is past his prime and has played tons of minutes and been injury prone. He takes worse shots than Hedo and does not close games out well. Orlando is worse right now with him now if JJ was in the deal it would have been better. Think about this JJ will be getting substantial minutes every game and start a bunch too, because Carter is good to miss at least 10 games.

Awesome post!!

First of all VC has missed 16 games in the last 5 years combined so he is certainly not injury prone.

He is considered a "ball hog" because he was on a horrendous NJ team that had nobody else who could score but him and Devin Harris.

His clutch stats are actually way better than Turk's.

http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

If you do not like the trade that is fine but at least come up with a logical reason.

Thank you Drain O you've put that much better than I did lol

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mychal Thompson, a Lakers radio analyst seems to think that the Magic did really bad in their trade for Vince Carter (what an idiot) this is what he said about the trade.

"Turkoglu is their playmaker. Carter is a guy who when he gets the ball, everything stops because he wants to go one-on-one," Thompson said. "Carter is way past his prime (and) is a one-dimensional player who takes horrible shots."

When I read what this guy said I was thinking either he is an idiot or he is just scared that the Lakers now know they won't repeat.

No he is exactly right,Carter is a ballhog and does not play team ball well. He is past his prime and has played tons of minutes and been injury prone. He takes worse shots than Hedo and does not close games out well. Orlando is worse right now with him now if JJ was in the deal it would have been better. Think about this JJ will be getting substantial minutes every game and start a bunch too, because Carter is good to miss at least 10 games.

Awesome post!!

First of all VC has missed 16 games in the last 5 years combined so he is certainly not injury prone.

He is considered a "ball hog" because he was on a horrendous NJ team that had nobody else who could score but him and Devin Harris.

If you do not like the trade that is fine but at least come up with a logical reason.

And the 5 years before that? Exactly look at the FACTS. If you take the averages considering he has had numerous years in which he missed 30 games or more than he is injury prone. No to mention his age so is he has had substantial injury problems in the past and is now getting older are you saying he is less likely to get injured? Didn't think so. Yeah his stats are better on a garbage team, big deal that means nothing. Look at how he closes out games he is horrible. Not to mention what we gave up for him and how much money he makes.

Now lets talk defensively, he is garbage and shows no effort on that side of the floor. So what is his role on this team? This team lost almost all the depth and a rookie who I know will never be an all-star but is a quality starter who had a role and did his job. It has been proven a million times that just throwing a guy with good numbers on a team who already was a contender rarely makes you better, especially one who is being traded because he makes to much money and is past his prime. You build through the draft, you don't trade young players for old ones and take on more salary.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awesome post!!

And the 5 years before that? Exactly look at the FACTS. If you take the averages considering he has had numerous years in which he missed 30 games or more than he is injury prone. No to mention his age so is he has had substantial injury problems in the past and is now getting older are you saying he is less likely to get injured? Didn't think so. Yeah his stats are better on a garbage team, big deal that means nothing. Look at how he closes out games he is horrible. Not to mention what we gave up for him and how much money he makes.

Now lets talk defensively, he is garbage and shows no effort on that side of the floor. So what is his role on this team? This team lost almost all the depth and a rokie who I know will never be an all-stat but is a quality starter who had a role and did his job. It has been proven a million times that just throwing a guy with good numbers on a team who already was a contender rarely makes you better, especially one who is being traded because he makes to much money and is past his prime. You build through the draft, you don't trade young players for old ones and take on more salary.

So you need to go how many years back to backup what you are saying. Give us all a break.

I am sorry Lee was traded, but to trash the Magic over what is a great trade for the team because of one player that's.........

BTW if you don't like it that much because of just Lee why not try out the Nets forum.

BTW that forum is really upset over this trade they think that ownership shafted them to save money.

Anderson will truly be missed as he turned out to be a great pickup for them and now he is with us.

Carter has not missed all that many games in the last 4 years. That tells me that he is in better shape then you are willing to admit.

This was a great trade for the Magic and makes the Magic the real Beast of the East.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awesome post!!

Now lets talk defensively, he is garbage and shows no effort on that side of the floor. So what is his role on this team? This team lost almost all the depth and a rokie who I know will never be an all-stat but is a quality starter who had a role and did his job. It has been proven a million times that just throwing a guy with good numbers on a team who already was a contender rarely makes you better, especially one who is being traded because he makes to much money and is past his prime. You build through the draft, you don't trade young players for old ones and take on more salary.

So you need to go how many years back to backup what you are saying. Give us all a break.

I am sorry Lee was traded, but to trash the Magic over what is a great trade for the team because of one player that's.........

BTW if you don't like it that much because of just Lee why not try out the Nets forum.

BTW that forum is really upset over this trade they think that ownership shafted them to save money.

Anderson will truly be missed as he turned out to be a great pickup for them and now he is with us.

Carter has not missed all that many games in the last 4 years. That tells me that he is in better shape then you are willing to admit.

This was a great trade for the Magic and makes the Magic the real Beast of the East.

I said Anderson was a good young player just the opposite of what we need. Any NJ fan who thinks they are tanking is dumb, that would imply they were actually winning with VC. Even in the weak east they couldn't make the playoffs. I'm sure they will be upset next year when they either have Amare,Bron,Bosh, or Wade. Now they have a PG,SG, and a Center. All young and all good players. You throw a superstar on that team next year and they will be a good up and coming team.

FACTS: this is a list of Vince's ppg and games played in his career.

98-99: 50 gp, 18.3 ppg

99-00: 82 gp, 25.7 ppg

00-01: 75 gp, 27.6 ppg

01-02: 60 gp, 24.7 ppg

02-03: 43 gp, 20.6 ppg

03-04: 73 gp, 22.5 ppg

04-05: 57 gp, 27.5 ppg with NJ, 20 gp, 15.9 ppg with TOR

05-06: 79 gp, 24.2 ppg

06-07: 82 gp, 25.2 ppg

07-08: 76 gp, 21.3 ppg

08-09: 80 gp, 20.8 ppg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V...Carter#Orlando_Magic

all that said, i think its safe to say Vince's injury woes are a thing of the past. for the last 5 years he's missed no more than 6 games a season. in 12 years, he's missed more than 20 games 3 times, and all those were 03-04 and before. so can we stop talking about his injuries? thanks. that said, the guy has averaged 20 points or more 10 times out of 12. hes a bonafide scorer.

everybody liked lee, but essentially thats all we gave up. nobody expected rafer back anyway, and who really wanted tony battie? the only thing we lost was courtney and maybe hedo. i think however, we'll have hedo next season. and if not, the sky isnt going to fall. chill out, people.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/...er/career_stats.html

In his entire career he has had two seasons where he has missed a lot of games and guess what they were six years ago!!

And how you can say his defence is complete garbage is laughable, would you say Hedo's is any better!!??

Hedo was not a good defender either, but he is replacing a guy who that was his role. Also he is a SG and defends the best scorer on a nightly basis, Hedo does not. VC has only had 3 seasons since 1999 that he has not missed 5 games or more. What is that?

quote:
Originally posted by DuvalMagicFan:

04-05: 57 gp, 27.5 ppg

all that said, i think its safe to say Vince's injury woes are a thing of the past. for the last 5 years he's missed no more than 6 games a season. in 12 years, he's missed more than 20 games 5 times, and all those were 04-05 and before. so can we stop talking about his injuries? thanks. that said, the guy has averaged 20 points or more 10 times out of 12. hes a bonafide scorer.

everybody liked lee, but essentially thats all we gave up. nobody expected rafer back anyway, and who really wanted tony battie? the only thing we lost was courtney and maybe hedo. i think however, we'll have hedo next season. and if not, the sky isnt going to fall. chill out, people.

err he's missed more than 20 games only 3 times in close to 12 years. You're forgetting he was traded in the 04 05 season where he played 77 games split between Toronto and the Nets lol

quote:

quote:

all that said, i think its safe to say Vince's injury woes are a thing of the past. for the last 5 years he's missed no more than 6 games a season. in 12 years, he's missed more than 20 games 5 times, and all those were 04-05 and before. so can we stop talking about his injuries? thanks. that said, the guy has averaged 20 points or more 10 times out of 12. hes a bonafide scorer.

err he's missed more than 20 games 3 times. our forgetting he was trade in the 04 05 season where he played 77 games split between Toronto and the Nets lol

thanks, i just caught that myself, about to edit lol. this just further proves the point lol

quote:

04-05: 57 gp, 27.5 ppg with NJ, 20 gp, 15.9 ppg with TOR

all that said, i think its safe to say Vince's injury woes are a thing of the past. for the last 5 years he's missed no more than 6 games a season. in 12 years, he's missed more than 20 games 4 times, and all those were 03-04 and before. so can we stop talking about his injuries? thanks. that said, the guy has averaged 20 points or more 10 times out of 12. hes a bonafide scorer.

We actually lost Hedo and Lee and took on more money. So now guys only get injuries when they are young? Are you really going to argue that the older VC gets now he is less injury prone?

Otis already said signing Hedo is unlikely and if you have followed Otis in the the past you will know this is how the ball rolls when someone is not coming back.

quote:

quote:

quote:

err he's missed more than 20 games 3 times. our forgetting he was trade in the 04 05 season where he played 77 games split between Toronto and the Nets lol

thanks, i just caught that myself, about to edit lol. this just further proves the point lol

No worries lol. I sound like a VC homer but honestly im not, Im just getting annoyed at these "he's injury prone" posts when he isn't.