Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Magic Trade For Vince Carter [Updated: Pics in Magic Jersey]

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

So we lose a promising Lee, a backup PG, a big man, and Hedo for Vince Carter???

We lose out best playmaker, mortage the future, and dismantle a succesful core?

C'mon, what with these guys? I know the Hedo thing is a rumor, but C'mon.

I hope they resign Hedo regardless, and Gortat. That way at least the only awful thing is losing Lee.

Vince can score, but Lee is a good defender and this is not the Celtics that have a short window. This team has to handle present and future.The only thing is that if we keep Hedo the starting line up will be very hard to guard to say the least.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm worried about this team now.

Yes you are over reacting and your now forgetting several things because of it.

A) The chances of Alston and Nelson to co-exist was very low. Nelson is this teams PG. Yes. However, we always gets injured at some point, so getting a backup is critical

B) This in no way means Hedo is walking. Same with Gortat. I do hope so, we don't want to lose our edge over the Cavs and other teams by losing Hedo, and Gortat was showing greatness off the bench, I would not like to see those guys go. I think this is the most important to keep the Magic's identity and solidify it instead of changing it.

C) Bringing in VC gives the Spurs effect, veteran FA's will be lining up to join the Magic for a ring like boston and the Spurs. Agree. I like that.

D) Vince is no slouch on defense, he may be a bit slower but he is taller and stronger then Lee and wont get bowled over when a bigger gaurd takes him down low. Right

E) Even at his age, Vince is still a better offensive player in EVERY facet of the game then Lee. Good point, the there's the future, idk

F) Speaking of his age, he's 32. Which is by the way the same age as Rafer Alston. And yet everyone is so mad that he's leaving too. Sorry not getting it.Well, it's just that we need a backup PG and Rafer came for almost nothing

G) oh and Battie really didnt do much for us this year either. Agree. Battie for Ryan is good for me

The thing that this trade does too, is give lots of flexibility in negotiations with Hedo. Now we can decide to pay Gortat and sign-and-trade Hedo for a power forward. Or, we can resign Hedo and try fill our gap at back up center through the MLE or Veteran's Minimum.

I am on the fence about whether bringing back Hedo is the best option or not. In some ways it makes more sense to SnT for a power forward, but not an offensive juggernaut like Boozer. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having Bass and some parts or Varejao and something else (although I can't see the Cavs trading with us).

I hope we are active tonight and trade JJ for a mid-to-late first rounder. This draft is loaded with point guards and I wouldn't mind having one to groom behind Jameer.

Hi, you're going to see a lot of new forum members coming from the Netsdaily forums, and I'm one of them. I guarantee all of you, that this trade will not disappoint. Not only is VC a perfect addition to Orlando, RA will add depth to your front court. RA is a smart player with a very good outside shot, and very good rebounding. He won't blow you way with his athleticism, but he's got a high bball IQ. For those of you that only know VC for being a softie, and thinks he's too old, check out some recent videos by Maxamillion.

http://www.youtube.com/profile...view=videos&start=20

Enjoy, and talk to you soon!

quote:
Originally posted by Nickill:

Is it wrong to copy and paste the http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...e=cartertrade-090625 article? Infringement or something? I'd like to see this article - no subscription, though.

Other members that are insiders occasionally post content from sources like ESPN insider. It's cool, so long as you don't copy the entire article....just a few paragraphs, along with your own "take" on it.

quote:
Originally posted by F1ash:

Hi, you're going to see a lot of new forum members coming from the Netsdaily forums, and I'm one of them. I guarantee all of you, that this trade will not disappoint. Not only is VC a perfect addition to Orlando, RA will add depth to your front court. RA is a smart player with a very good outside shot, and very good rebounding. He won't blow you way with his athleticism, but he's got a high bball IQ. For those of you that only know VC for being a softie, and thinks he's too old, check out some recent videos by Maxamillion.

And your going to love Courtney Lee!

quote:

Thanks for your input F1ash...much appreciated.

ok, can someone keep us British fans posted on how the draft is going tonight when it starts. Im pretty excited at the minute and for some reason I cant log on to nba.com. It would be much appreciated as im hoping we can pick up a second round pick somehow to flesh the bench out a bit after this trade which I think has shocked pretty much all the board lol.

quote:
Originally posted by The Jerm!:

quote:

And your going to love Courtney Lee!

Agreed.