Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Magic Trade For Vince Carter [Updated: Pics in Magic Jersey]

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

This trade sucks:

1. VC giant contract (Can't resign Hedo)

2. Chauncey Billups

Huh? lol

I'll explain slower the reasons instead of using code words.

1. We can't resign Hedo

2. Stop giving away young talent for free!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

Geez, guys.

When did Courtney Lee become Kobe Bryant? That was quick !!!

I love the kid, but I would understand the trade.

The Magic want to make sure that they have another championship run next year so that they have momentum for ticket sales going into the new arena.

In fact, I've never been a big VC fan, but come off the window ledge.

Can't say I'm hoping for the trade, but it's not as ridiculous as some would make it seem.

It's ridiculous if we don't sign and trade Hedo to fill holes.

Depends.

The other way this could be played is putting this back into Hedo's lap: do you want to win a championship? If so, then sign for us for less; otherwise enjoy the Washington rain.

The Magic may already feel like they have a veteran PF ready to sign, particularly if they can add VC to this lineup.

But your point is well taken. This could REALLY blow up in Otis' face if the rest of the dominos do not fall.

We can't keep Hedo. It looks like this trade is going to happen so we must trade Hedo for depth. We have no back up PG. No PF. Gortat is probably gone. Hedo has to net us something or we're thin.

Book it: it's a done deal. Rafer, Battie, and C-Lee for Vince and Ryan Anderson. I love Courtney but this move makes us significantly better for the next 2 years. We have a proven scorer/closer in Vince and a budding young PF who can also shoot the 3 in Anderson. Get used to it and wish Courtney well in his future endeavors. GO MAGIC!

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

The link has been updated and the proposed trade now includes

wait for it...

Ryan Anderson...

I like Anderson, hes got a sweet shot and is a decent rebounder.

I just dont like the inclusion of Lee in this trade.

But Anderson in this deal makes it easier for me to digest

I just threw it up in the ESPN thing and it says the trade failed so they must just be throwing stuff out there.

Don't forget the trade exceptions did you include those when you worked the trade machine?

Because the information has just been updated as of 4:25 and it shows this deal should be completed by days end.

You cannot use a trade exception in a trade. It has to be a seperate transaction.

So you would trade the first trade and then just use the exception for Ryan Anderson.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:

The link has been updated and the proposed trade now includes

wait for it...

Ryan Anderson...

I like Anderson, hes got a sweet shot and is a decent rebounder.

I just dont like the inclusion of Lee in this trade.

But Anderson in this deal makes it easier for me to digest

I just threw it up in the ESPN thing and it says the trade failed so they must just be throwing stuff out there.

Don't forget the trade exceptions did you include those when you worked the trade machine?

Because the information has just been updated as of 4:25 and it shows this deal should be completed by days end.

You cannot use a trade exception in a trade. It has to be a seperate transaction.

So you would trade the first trade and then just use the exception for Ryan Anderson.

Ryan Anderson is a great addition to this, just what the Magic need a cheap PF who can play.

VC would give the Magic a player who can get his own shot & create for others. I like RJ better at this point in their careers, I would certainly run this up the Pheonix flag pole before I pulled the trigger, but VC addresses a big weakness this team has.

Would hate to see Lee go because he's the only other player on this roster Dwight's age, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

Would love to get AJ into the deal so Otis is forced to address backup PG. Getting Dooling back for AJ would be nice bonus.

As much as i love clee i really hope this happens carter gives a player we need and anderson is a good young pf to come off the bench. carter gives us a player that can create his own shot and get to the lane to create room for howard and hes a bigger sg that would be able to cover such players as kobe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Geez, guys.

When did Courtney Lee become Kobe Bryant? That was quick !!!

I love the kid, but I would understand the trade.

The Magic want to make sure that they have another championship run next year so that they have momentum for ticket sales going into the new arena.

In fact, I've never been a big VC fan, but come off the window ledge.

Can't say I'm hoping for the trade, but it's not as ridiculous as some would make it seem.

It's ridiculous if we don't sign and trade Hedo to fill holes.

Depends.

The other way this could be played is putting this back into Hedo's lap: do you want to win a championship? If so, then sign for us for less; otherwise enjoy the Washington rain.

The Magic may already feel like they have a veteran PF ready to sign, particularly if they can add VC to this lineup.

But your point is well taken. This could REALLY blow up in Otis' face if the rest of the dominos do not fall.

We can't keep Hedo. It looks like this trade is going to happen so we must trade Hedo for depth. We have no back up PG. No PF. Gortat is probably gone. Hedo has to net us something or we're thin.

I think they did this so that they could keep Hedo since it showed him that management is serious about getting back to the finals.