Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Why does the Sentinel think a Magic player might get traded tonight?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

This is what Otis Smith said about the expiring contracts:

"Smith contends that the expiring contracts of players like Alston ($5.25 million next season), Tony Battie ($6.2 million), J.J. Redick ($2.8 million) and Anthony Johnson ($2.1 million) aren't as valuable as they would have been in previous years, though.

He also scoffed a little at the notion that it's just because teams are saving for talent-heavy free-agent market in 2010."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...jun24,0,281794.story

My turn. In the words of the wise Jareth, I call "bullspits" on Otis.

Well if he's correct what does that say about Hedo's chances of scoring that big contract??

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

So, who and why would we have to make a trade specifically tonight? Couldn't it be done just as easily next week?

Call me crazy...

Okay, I'm really replying to take advantage of the invitation of calling you crazy.

Now watch this everyone. Junkie will not get mad; he will not fire back angrily; why? Because he knows it's just a silly message board, and folks need to quit wearing their hypersensitive feelings on their hypersensitive sleeves. He might fire back for the fun of it, but that's part of the fun of these boards.

To answer your question, however, as far as tonight is concerned: the amount of activity that is going on tonight might be the atmosphere for the multi-team trades that might give Otis the best chance to make moves. If most of the teams make their moves tonight and get their rosters fairly established, then moves later in the off-season might be more difficult to make.

If you wanna eat dinner, gotta come when mama's callin' !!!

D-A-M-M!!!...The Sentinel must have known what was gonna happen!!!

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

D-A-M-M!!!...The Sentinel must have known what was gonna happen!!!

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL !!!

The Sentinel probably heard it from their friends in New Jersey. No way Otis gives Schmitz anything.