Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rumor: Magic's 2nd Rd Target on Draft Day

I need some help here??

Why does it sometimes seem so important to get a 2nd round pick and then let the guy go overseas og just dump him?? Never understood that.

quote:
Originally posted by Aron-Ingi:

I need some help here??

Why does it sometimes seem so important to get a 2nd round pick and then let the guy go overseas og just dump him?? Never understood that.

great for player development and saving cash. Sometimes you can get a great prospect that is young and would have went earlier in the draft but didn't go early because they are an overseas player. So you great a talent that does not cost money on the cap to develop for later use. Scula for Houston is a classic example and also Mark Gassol (I believe). But it is best to get a player in the second round because the contracts are not guaranteed and it is safe if they dont come.

The Fran situation is a reason way you dont get some overseas players and why they may slide to the second round. Not the talent but the risk factor. 1st rounder are a great asset in the nba and should not be wasted. The Magic could have used the 11 pick and got a lot of trade value but come up empty thus far.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I need cap/trade expert help!

Can you combine our Trade Exception (the one from the Dooling trade) with cash in a trade?

Yes, but the cash has no bearing on salary for a returned player..

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

This thread isnt about JJ or Hedo and should be DELETED because of its freshness.

When I come to the Official JJ-Hedo boards I have certain expectations and I want them met!

LMAO