Sign in to follow this  
redick7

JJ

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

Actually that other poster was correct about the play of Redick. You should check your stats next time before making such a claim I did.

One other correcting that article about Gortat starting is from a site that starts rumors, but skimps on facts.

So actually finding a team that will start Gortat looks more and more limited. The best I have heard about Gortat is that he will end up backing up some other center if he leaves the Magic that is the kind of player he presents now not as a starter. His stats btw bear that out.

It's too bad you can't limit yourself to the team instead of trashing members here who disagree with you.

If you hated Redick even more you might end up looking like .................

First, in reference to JJ being the teams most improved player over Gortat, you might want to consider that there are different angles to look at this, it is not cut and dry, and the stats can support different arguments in different ways. For example, Gortat's PER is above the league average, while it was projected to be in the low teens this past season, he finished just over 17. The league average is 15 for PER. meanwhile, JJ dropped from the low teens in the previous two seasons, to just under 10 this past season.

That doesn't seem to bode well for JJ, especially considering that he played almost twice as many minutes this past season as he had in either of the previous two. Both his field goal, and three point percentages were also the lowest in his three years in the league.

Now by all accounts, his defense has improved this season over the past two, but it seems like his offense has taken a step in the wrong direction, and it wasn't in a good place to begin with since his professional career began.

That being said, he is a very different type of SG than the other players on this roster than can play at that position, and I would like to see him stay in Orlando. I still happen to think Gortat was a more improved player this season over JJ.

As far as your "trashing members who disagree with you" comment, those in glass houses...

Anyone who says anything remotely critical of JJ seems to earn your instant ire.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Actually that other poster was correct about the play of Redick. You should check your stats next time before making such a claim I did.

One other correcting that article about Gortat starting is from a site that starts rumors, but skimps on facts.

So actually finding a team that will start Gortat looks more and more limited. The best I have heard about Gortat is that he will end up backing up some other center if he leaves the Magic that is the kind of player he presents now not as a starter. His stats btw bear that out.

It's too bad you can't limit yourself to the team instead of trashing members here who disagree with you.

First, in reference to JJ being the teams most improved player over Gortat, you might want to consider that there are different angles to look at this, it is not cut and dry, and the stats can support different arguments in different ways. For example, Gortat's PER is above the league average, while it was projected to be in the low teens this past season, he finished just over 17. The league average is 15 for PER. meanwhile, JJ dropped from the low teens in the previous two seasons, to just under 10 this past season.

That doesn't seem to bode well for JJ, especially considering that he played almost twice as many minutes this past season as he had in either of the previous two. Both his field goal, and three point percentages were also the lowest in his three years in the league.

Now by all accounts, his defense has improved this season over the past two, but it seems like his offense has taken a step in the wrong direction, and it wasn't in a good place to begin with since his professional career began.

That being said, he is a very different type of SG than the other players on this roster than can play at that position, and I would like to see him stay in Orlando. I still happen to think Gortat was a more improved player this season over JJ.

As far as your "trashing members who disagree with you" comment, those in glass houses...

Anyone who says anything remotely critical of JJ seems to earn your instant ire.

My ire as you call it goes after people who post nothing, but trash without any consideration about what Redick has given to the Magic on and off the court.

And then there are the people who attack using sexual comments that are totally uncalled for.

So I gather I should just ignore them and let them say whatever they want.

I am sorry, but no more turning the cheek. If people feel the need to trash me for my posts then they can expect me to expose them for what they are.

Do I think that Redick should start, no. I expect to keep his teammates involved like he has been doing. Redick's version of a combo sg/pg matched up with Lee. That tandem is a hard one for other teams to crack.

quote:

quote:

quote:

My ire as you call it goes after people who post nothing, but trash without any consideration about what Redick has given to the Magic on and off the court.

And then there are the people who attack using sexual comments that are totally uncalled for.

I am sorry, but no more turning the cheek. If people feel the need to trash me for my posts then they can expect me to expose them for what they are.

Do I think that Redick should start, no. I expect to keep his teammates involved like he has been doing. Redick's version of a combo sg/pg matched up with Lee. That tandem is a hard one for other teams to crack.

lol so hating on peitrus is ok?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't hate Pietrus, but he is a player that has had a track record of being injured too often and it wasn't just here.

Golden State went through this same thing year after year when it comes to Pietrus.

When he is healthy he can make an impact, but that has been a problem for him every year he has been in the NBA. Until he can learn to play without throwing himself to the court too many times then I think we will see Pietrus playing for a full year.

But that is going to take Pietrus to change his style of play big time.

That is not hating. That is talking about a player who could be really, really good if he stayed healthy. The problem is that big IF!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't hate Pietrus, but he is a player that has had a track record of being injured too often and it wasn't just here.

Golden State went through this same thing year after year when it comes to Pietrus.

When he is healthy he can make an impact, but that has been a problem for him every year he has been in the NBA. Until he can learn to play without throwing himself to the court too many times then I think we will see Pietrus playing for a full year.

That is not hating. That is talking about a player who could be really, really good if he stayed healthy. The problem is that big IF!!!

lol i think the word for both jj and peitrus is a if.

edit: one is a bigger if than the other, i'll let you figure this one out.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

Pietrus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Redick

You didn't have enough greater than signs in your post. Glad to help.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

lol i think the word for both jj and peitrus is a if.

edit: one is a bigger if than the other, i'll let you figure this one out.

I see we agree again that Pietrus is the bigger IF on the Magic.

IF he can stay healthy if he can stop stupid fouls if he can stop his turnovers if he can improve his game. That really is alot of if's.

Well the one thing that Pietrus doesn't have to improve is that he really is a nice and funny person and everyone who has ever met him all like him.

The Golden State fans said the same thing about Pietrus and yet they were still happy to see the player traded. It was the person who they missed.

oh my goodness...i actually agree with pec.

Pietrus IS the biggest IF. IF he is healthy, he will be a very solid player for the magic. IF he continues to drive the ball like he did in the playoffs, he is a real asset for our bench.

Redick on the other hand was crap yesterday, he's crap today and he'll be crap tomorrow...there is no IF concerning him. There is one absolute...he's crap.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

oh my goodness...i actually agree with pec.

Pietrus IS the biggest IF. IF he is healthy, he will be a very solid player for the magic. IF he continues to drive the ball like he did in the playoffs, he is a real asset for our bench.

Redick on the other hand was crap yesterday, he's crap today and he'll be crap tomorrow...there is no IF concerning him. There is one absolute...he's crap.

Your never ending story when it comes to Redick. It's too bad he didn't sign your autograph book otherwise you would be so nice too him. Instead you keep having that tantrum about his not seeing you and signing your autograph book.

So very sorry.