Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Player Grades: Courtney Lee

quote:
Grade: Given our expectations for Courtney at the beginning of the season - he was an Orlando Magic draft pick after all - we must be very pleased with his rookie campaign. With the inconsistancy of Pietrus and Redick, Lee solidified himself as the starting shooting guard and after the Nelson injury and Rafer trade, the most consistent guard on the team. A-

The rest... http://thepunsarestartingtobor...es-courtney-lee.html

The Puns guys gave him an A-. I don't see how you can give this guy anything less than an A+. I mean for a rookie to be starting in The Finals... Especially someone who was picked in the 20's, you gotta give the kid an A+, right?

quote:
Grade: Given our expectations for Courtney at the beginning of the season - he was an Orlando Magic draft pick after all - we must be very pleased with his rookie campaign. With the inconsistancy of Pietrus and Redick, Lee solidified himself as the starting shooting guard and after the Nelson injury and Rafer trade, the most consistent guard on the team. A-

The rest... http://thepunsarestartingtobor...es-courtney-lee.html

The Puns guys gave him an A-. I don't see how you can give this guy anything less than an A+. I mean for a rookie to be starting in The Finals... Especially someone who was picked in the 20's, you gotta give the kid an A+, right?

quote:
Originally posted by aJJa:

MAgic could play the game 7 versus Lakers if he could complete Hedo's alley hoop in the last second.. i m sorry

Is it Courtney's fault that Orlando missed 5 FT's in the last quarter? Can you really give him a bad grade for that?

Countney delveloped nicely throughout the season but fell off in the playoffs. I can see an A- for the regular season. Grade of C for the playoffs.

A for playing a great regular season as a rookie. C in the playoffs for being the most inconsistent sg except for the first two games against philly. he was a relative no show after that. but, I would give him a B+ overall which is a good grade considering the only A on the whole team from me goes to dwight.

You also have to consider he had to learn how to play with a piece of plastic on his face.

I have no doubt in my mind if that had not happened, he would atleast averaged his 8 pts a game throughout the rest of the playoffs, maybe more.

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

Countney delveloped nicely throughout the season but fell off in the playoffs. I can see an A- for the regular season. Grade of C for the playoffs.

You really don't think he should get a pass after Dwight took him out, requiring surgery to recover?

compared to our normally retarded 'magic' non lottery draft picks the kid is an all star, we're lucky to have him and i'm glad i don't have to worry about the sg position with him and peitrus around to run the show.