Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Draft Thread [Draft is June 25th 7PM]

There's a guy (unknown) to most of us that's creeping up the 2nd round board...

Goes by the name of Vyacheslav Kravtsov. 7'0" Center 235lbs.. NBA ready body

here's a read on him

quote:
Strengths: One of the best post prospects in Europe He has great physical potential, is a supreme athlete; with an excellent attitude Plays with courage and desire, and has surprising maturity for his age A true center. At 7-0 260 and with a big frame, has the size to play center in the NBA Has a great attitude, and shows a high level of desire Has the toughness and demeanor that you want in a post player He's got the face of a child but a man's body and plays with a physical nature His instincts for the game and ability to play at a high level is rapidly improving Very strong rebounding the ball Really has an imposing physique and should get stronger He can be involved and make plays without having the offense focus on him Foot speed and agility is excellent for a player his size An aggressive, fearless player, unafraid of contact Has solid touch around the basket using lefty hooks and jumpers Defensive minded. A solid defender and shot blocker in Europe but probably just average by NBA standards, but has the physical attributes to be a solid NBA defender in the future Does a solid job managing his fouls

Weaknesses: Still unskilled offensively He must expand his offensive game and complete his physical growth Scores a lot of his points on garbage baskets Still needs work on his post up game. Needs to improve the speed at which he thinks the game and reacts to situations offensively The European style of play has less posting up and isolating bigmen NBA readiness is a ways off. Compared to countryman Kyrylo Fesenko, he has less offensive ability but better defensive skills

Sounds like a Gortat replacement to me...

If we acquire a 2nd round draft pick, please pick up Jeff Adrien from UCONN. Dude plays like a Bass/Milsap hybrid. To be honest, I have no idea why most draft boards have him slipping into the 2nd round.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

If we acquire a 2nd round draft pick, please pick up Jeff Adrien from UCONN. Dude plays like a Bass/Milsap hybrid. To be honest, I have no idea why most draft boards have him slipping into the 2nd round.

im a huge uconn fan.

Adrien has peaked and is small. He's a great energy guy and might be a role player but theres questions on his ability to guard NBA players.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

im a huge uconn fan.

Adrien has peaked and is small. He's a great energy guy and might be a role player but theres questions on his ability to guard NBA players.

I think he's in a similar situation to Leon Powe when he entered the league and coincidentally, plays like him too. He'd be a solid pickup, and adds more depth and versatility to our big man roster for a measly second round pick.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

Victor Claver or Jonas Jerebko would be excellent picks for us. I'm really high on those guys!

Star, have you even seen any of these guys play? lol

Those two names sound like ones that your typical NBA 2K game make up using their name generator for their drafts.

quote:

quote:

Victor Claver or Jonas Jerebko would be excellent picks for us. I'm really high on those guys!

Those two names sound like ones that your typical NBA 2K game make up using their name generator for their drafts.

Lol, they're European, what do you expect? Bill Jones? lol...

But really, I've seen both actually. Victor Claver is a REALLY good SF/PF prospect. He's a slim guy that's more adept to playing SF than PF but can play PF in spurts. He needs to bulk up a little thought. He's really good defensively; blocks alot of shots and is really good at playing passing lanes. However, he needs to improve his lateral quickness to keep up with the faster wingmen in the NBA. He's REALLY athletic, won the dunk contest in Europe, sporting a dunk where he took off from the side of the rim, took a hat off the rim put it on his head and dunked on the other side (in one attempt). He was running mates with Ricky Rubio by the way. A really good 3pt shooter but doesn't jump too high on his shot. He has a really nice post up/ face up game and passes real well out of double teams. He has great upside though and should be a mix of Antwan Jamison and Jorge Garbajosa.

Jonas Jerebko on the other hand is a REALLY long super defensive player in the mold of Andrei Kerilenko. He can knock down the open 3 but isn't that much of a shot creator. He can create his own shot, but isn't very confident in his ball handling. Like I said, he's really long, so he blocks ALOT of shots and steals alot of passes. He's athletic but not as athletic as Claver. I haven't seen as much of Jerebko as I would have liked to but, enough to give a brief asessment of his game.

Both guys seem to be very coachable and would fit into our system for the loss of Trevor Ariza as defensive stoppers and high energy guys off the bench.

P.S. Claver has garnered alot of interest from Portland and should be gone by either #33 or #38, but if we can swoop in before then, we can steal him. Claver is my favorite out of the two.

quote:

quote:

quote:

But really, I've seen both actually. Victor Claver is a REALLY good SF/PF prospect. He's a slim guy that's more adept to playing SF than PF but can play PF in spurts. He needs to bulk up a little thought. He's really good defensively; blocks alot of shots and is really good at playing passing lanes. However, he needs to improve his lateral quickness to keep up with the faster wingmen in the NBA. He's REALLY athletic, won the dunk contest in Europe, sporting a dunk where he took off from the side of the rim, took a hat off the rim put it on his head and dunked on the other side (in one attempt). He was running mates with Ricky Rubio by the way. A really good 3pt shooter but doesn't jump too high on his shot. He has a really nice post up/ face up game and passes real well out of double teams. He has great upside though and should be a mix of Antwan Jamison and Jorge Garbajosa.

Jonas Jerebko on the other hand is a REALLY long super defensive player in the mold of Andrei Kerilenko. He can knock down the open 3 but isn't that much of a shot creator. He can create his own shot, but isn't very confident in his ball handling. Like I said, he's really long, so he blocks ALOT of shots and steals alot of passes. He's athletic but not as athletic as Claver. I haven't seen as much of Jerebko as I would have liked to but, enough to give a brief asessment of his game.

Both guys seem to be very coachable and would fit into our system for the loss of Trevor Ariza as defensive stoppers and high energy guys off the bench.

P.S. Claver has garnered alot of interest from Portland and should be gone by either #33 or #38, but if we can swoop in before then, we can steal him. Claver is my favorite out of the two.

From what you said Claver would be my guy.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From what you said Claver would be my guy.

Looks to me like we already have a winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alV6DcGBggA