Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Lee or Pietrus? who is our 2 guard of the future?

The thing with Lee is, he has all the skillsets offensively to be a star player [moreso than Pietrus]. We saw glimpses of it this year. The problem is, can you really keep him in on a Lebron type player late in games?

On the other hand, Pietrus was clutch, and can play defense on the bigger wings.

Its a good problem to have, but im not sure what we'll do about it. Someone will be riding the pine late in games. Lee's size is an issue. I hope he can work on his point guard skills a bit more so he can get some extra minutes as Meer's reserve.

The thing with Lee is, he has all the skillsets offensively to be a star player [moreso than Pietrus]. We saw glimpses of it this year. The problem is, can you really keep him in on a Lebron type player late in games?

On the other hand, Pietrus was clutch, and can play defense on the bigger wings.

Its a good problem to have, but im not sure what we'll do about it. Someone will be riding the pine late in games. Lee's size is an issue. I hope he can work on his point guard skills a bit more so he can get some extra minutes as Meer's reserve.

Lee was a rookie which means he has only one way to go: Upwards.

He made some rookie mistakes but his poise and playing wasn't like a rookie. So I think he'll manage REALLY well.

Pietrus is a good defender and a streaky shooter but dumb as hell sometimes. There were moments this season and in the Playoffs/Finals where I grabbed my head and asked myself what the heck the guy was thinking and doing.

But I love them both to pieces. They can switch the starting roles between themselves, depending on the opposing team.

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICrofl:

Our futuure 2 WAS Bogans but management let that opportunity slide.

i'm assuming that you were being sarcastic

Lee is the 2 of the future. Pietrus is better suited as a 3, and late game situations we need to scrap the PG position, slide Lee over and move Pietrus to the 2. That gives us a big-time defensive duo on the opposing team's guards.

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICrofl:

Our futuure 2 WAS Bogans but management let that opportunity slide.

i'm assuming that you were being sarcastic

The moment we traded Bogans, the season was over. JJ Redick was dreadful in the playoffs.