Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Summer 2009 Magic Wish List

Forgive me for starting a new thread but the Board is a mess right now. So here is my attempt to offer a large bucket in which we can dump summer ideas. Here are some targets that interest me:

-Haslem (trade)

-Odom (sign)

-McDyess (sign)

-Sheed (sign)

-Artest (sign)

-Turk (sign)

-Gortat (sign)

-Bosh (dream)

-Amare (dream)

-J. Smith (dream)

I think we'd be a better team with Lewis at SF in a traditional line-up. If we resign Turk, I'd like him off the bench. I also wish Alston and SVG hadn't gotten into a spat over the last two weeks b/c I wanted to see a Meer and Alston tandem next year. Oh well. Here is to a hope-filled Magic summer!

Forgive me for starting a new thread but the Board is a mess right now. So here is my attempt to offer a large bucket in which we can dump summer ideas. Here are some targets that interest me:

-Haslem (trade)

-Odom (sign)

-McDyess (sign)

-Sheed (sign)

-Artest (sign)

-Turk (sign)

-Gortat (sign)

-Bosh (dream)

-Amare (dream)

-J. Smith (dream)

I think we'd be a better team with Lewis at SF in a traditional line-up. If we resign Turk, I'd like him off the bench. I also wish Alston and SVG hadn't gotten into a spat over the last two weeks b/c I wanted to see a Meer and Alston tandem next year. Oh well. Here is to a hope-filled Magic summer!

Gortat S&T for Haslem. Throw in Rafer and get Moon or Jones back too.

Never gonna happen, but it makes sense. Gives us the rebounding 4 we need and legit SF depth incase JJ stinks it up and Peaches needs to backup Lee. Or just have Pietrus/Moon-Jones/Haslem. Holy schnikes that's sexy.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

-Haslem (trade) trade for alston and JJ

-Odom (sign)dream

-McDyess (sign)Vet. Minimum

-Sheed (sign)May be Vet. Minimum

-Artest (sign)Too Risky

-Turk (sign)Gone

-Gortat (sign)Gone

-Bosh (dream)Too Expensive

-Amare (dream)He wants to be the center of the Universe

-J. Smith (dream)Uncoachable

quote:

I am amazed how prevalent the desire to get a traditional line-up (ie Power Forward).

The team just finished their best season losing to a team that, last year, played in the finals the same way we played in the finals this year, and we are ready to give up on it. With an injured all-star!!! Last year the Lakers had Bynum and Ariza hurt, they stayed the course.

I understand Turk may force our hand, but it is really interesting how many in our fan base quickly go back to the idea that we can't win with Rashard at the 4.

I keep thinking of Phoenix, one Amare suspension away from maybe winning it all, pegged as a team built for the regular season and being made as mess within a short period of time. Chicago was an up a coming team when it decided Ben Wallace gave them the traditional line-up they needed. Getting rid of Ben and going back to a dynamic line-up and their back on track.

Don't presume Dwight gets better with a traditional PF, you can guess at it but every player is a measure of it's system.

If you can get your dream players, I'm all for it, but bringing in Haslem and bring Rashard to the three does not necessarily mean the team gets better.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

I am amazed how prevalent the desire to get a traditional line-up (ie Power Forward).

The team just finished their best season losing to a team that, last year, played in the finals the same way we played in the finals this year, and we are ready to give up on it. With an injured all-star!!! Last year the Lakers had Bynum and Ariza hurt, they stayed the course.

I understand Turk may force our hand, but it is really interesting how many in our fan base quickly go back to the idea that we can't win with Rashard at the 4.

I keep thinking of Phoenix, one Amare suspension away from maybe winning it all, pegged as a team built for the regular season and being made as mess within a short period of time. Chicago was an up a coming team when it decided Ben Wallace gave them the traditional line-up they needed. Getting rid of Ben and going back to a dynamic line-up and their back on track.

Don't presume Dwight gets better with a traditional PF, you can guess at it but every player is a measure of it's system.

If you can get your dream players, I'm all for it, but bringing in Haslem and bring Rashard to the three does not necessarily mean the team gets better.

EnFuego, the reason we are all discussing traditional PF's is because it was stated in a recent article Otis and the boys are looking to get Dwight some real rebounding help. It was the same article they mentioned going into the luxury tax. They aren't looking for a starter obviously, just a guy to come off the bench and really contribute unlike some players *cough* Battie *cough*.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

Picking up a tradional 4 means you have the option of playing that style when needed. Like say, when you are getting killed on the glass and the shots aren't falling. It doesn't mean we change the make up of the team, it means we add another option.