Sign in to follow this  
Blue Blood

NOT SO BREAKING NEWS: Hedo Turkoglu will opt out

quote:
Originally posted by jackie69:

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

Am I the only one who would be happy to see him go? His agent is speaking as if he won't return to orlando, at least that is what I've percieved from his words and tone. Let him go and sign a true PF. We don't need a terrible defender.

So, if you don`t want a terrible defender, first you should get rid of Rashard and Jameer. On the other hand Hedo is the main core of offense of this team...

Well Shard has been mismatched being in the PF position and has escaped some tough battles but he is still more valuable than Turkoglu when he wants to be. Jameer is an excellent shooter and has much energy and IQ to play his position. Don't judge him by his performance coming from surgery and not playing for months. Hedo was the main core in the finals (both ecf and NBAF) but for most of the playoffs he was spotty and only had a game saver here and there.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicManD12:

I heard Tim Legler say today on ESPN radio that The Magic will have to give Hedo a new contract worth 10 mil per year for 4 years and Hedo would be happy with that.

That works for me, anyone a little worried with the timing? He announces the day after we lose, worries me just a little.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
How big of an impact will Hedo's departure be on our team?

Why are you saying departure? Just because he is opting out does not mean we lose him.

if we resign him then we won't get anyone else in the offseason. and he's not going to do a sign and trade. makes no sense for him.

If there is any team in the league crazy enough to give hedo a 10 mil a year contract. He better run with it because no onje else is doing it.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

If there is any team in the league crazy enough to give hedo a 10 mil a year contract. He better run with it because no onje else is doing it.

If Wally Suckyack can get $13.5mil, Hedo can get $10mil.

quote:

That was minnesota being retarted.

Noway Otis is stupid enough to sign Hedo to 10 mil.

I think you guys will be very very surprised about the money that he will be offered by both Orlando and several other teams as well. I say no lesss than 12 mil per year...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Am I the only one who would be happy to see him go? His agent is speaking as if he won't return to orlando, at least that is what I've percieved from his words and tone. Let him go and sign a true PF. We don't need a terrible defender.

So, if you don`t want a terrible defender, first you should get rid of Rashard and Jameer. On the other hand Hedo is the main core of offense of this team...

Well Shard has been mismatched being in the PF position and has escaped some tough battles but he is still more valuable than Turkoglu when he wants to be. Jameer is an excellent shooter and has much energy and IQ to play his position. Don't judge him by his performance coming from surgery and not playing for months. Hedo was the main core in the finals (both ecf and NBAF) but for most of the playoffs he was spotty and only had a game saver here and there.

I am not gonna judge you or say you are an idiot, lol. Because you can not really know Hedo as well as me. If you knew him, you would never be surprised when he shows up when it matters the most. Hedo is a winner, Hedo will never hide when It is the biggest game. As I saw Rashard and even Dwight disappeared in the finals. Don't tell me Dwight was overmatched!

quote:

quote:

That was minnesota being retarted.

Noway Otis is stupid enough to sign Hedo to 10 mil.

I think you guys will be very very surprised about the money that he will be offered by both Orlando and several other teams as well. I say no lesss than 12 mil per year...

I will guarantee Hedo does not get 12 mil... He shot all season what was it 35% from the three? And 40 some odd from the field?

He has been wildly inconsistent this year, no way he gets that much money.

Hedo is worth 10 mil a year and deserves that. Look what he does for this team, the offense is built around him. I would give him a 4 year deal maybe 5 with the last year being a team option.

I can't believe people think 10 mil is to much. You realize that when Shard is 34 years old we will be paying him 23 million dollars? Hedo is more valuable than Shard is and I think we should try to move him. We could get a real superstar for that kind of money and not a guy who can't defend, can't create for himself or others and isn't a leader. I don't know how he gets so much credit. He shoots almost 10 3's a game and averages 18 points? Its a joke and he is only worth 10 mil a year tops. If we could get say Bosh or even better Dwayne Wade for the same money than why don't we? If we had Wade this team would be a dynasty. Howard and Wade in the pick and roll? With Meer,Hedo,Mp,Lee? I mean cmon we would be better offensively and defensively.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Hedo is worth 10 mil a year and deserves that. Look what he does for this team, the offense is built around him. I would give him a 4 year deal maybe 5 with the last year being a team option.

I can't believe people think 10 mil is to much. You realize that when Shard is 34 years old we will be paying him 23 million dollars? Hedo is more valuable than Shard is and I think we should try to move him. We could get a real superstar for that kind of money and not a guy who can't defend, can't create for himself or others and isn't a leader. I don't know how he gets so much credit. He shoots almost 10 3's a game and averages 18 points? Its a joke and he is only worth 10 mil a year tops. If we could get say Bosh or even better Dwayne Wade for the same money than why don't we? If we had Wade this team would be a dynasty. Howard and Wade in the pick and roll? With Meer,Hedo,Mp,Lee? I mean cmon we would be better offensively and defensively.

I agree with everything you said! Rashard will be getting 23m when he is 34.

If I was Hedo, I would not consider anything less than 14m per year reasonable!