MagicFanBen

Would Anyone Take Vince Carter?

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Bump....funny how everyone changed their tune on VC.

Thats what this forum is full, of flip floppers. I can't stand that and have called many people out on it before. VC deal is just as bad as it was then and the same problems exist with him being on our team. Now it happened and he is great and goes to the rim blah blah blah. Actually he does not go to the rim like he used to and shoots more jump shots than Hedo. Yeah its crazy but if people actually knew anything about Carters game and watched him play in the past 3 years instead of thinking about Toronto and the slam dunk contests they would realize this.

hahaha good talk. Good talk. Plz dont talk like u know anything about Vince Carter's "game"" again. Ur mind is just set on hating vince.

plz plz plz dont ever say he doesnt attack the rim like he used to.

YOU are the one who needs to do some research.

Here I did the research for you now you just have to click a button on your mouse.

Vince shot jumpshots 75% http://www.82games.com/0809/08NJN5.HTM

Turk shot 73% and got more close shots and inside. http://www.82games.com/0809/08ORL10.HTM

Now lets compare VC stats in 2005 http://www.82games.com/0506/05NJN6A.HTM

Look at that its facts! Now you still want to say he goes to the rim more? I can keep going back to Toronto and really show a difference but I won't.

See what happens when you know more than Highlights 5 times a year on SC or remember him from NC?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats what this forum is full, of flip floppers. I can't stand that and have called many people out on it before. VC deal is just as bad as it was then and the same problems exist with him being on our team. Now it happened and he is great and goes to the rim blah blah blah. Actually he does not go to the rim like he used to and shoots more jump shots than Hedo. Yeah its crazy but if people actually knew anything about Carters game and watched him play in the past 3 years instead of thinking about Toronto and the slam dunk contests they would realize this.

hahaha good talk. Good talk. Plz dont talk like u know anything about Vince Carter's "game"" again. Ur mind is just set on hating vince.

Here I did the research for you now you just have to click a button on your mouse.

Turk shot 73% and got more close shots and inside. http://www.82games.com/0809/08ORL10.HTM

Look at that its facts! Now you still want to say he goes to the rim more? I can keep going back to Toronto and really show a difference but I won't.

See what happens when you know more than Highlights 5 times a year on SC or remember him from NC?

How about you realize that Lawrence Frank and Stan Van Gundy run different offenses and don't just assume that Vince is going to come in and chuck up shots because 82games.com told you so.

Also realize that Vince has never been surrounded by the talent that he will be this season and that this team isn't going to rely soley upon him to win games like Toronto or NJ did.

Lastly, realize that the roster isn't full and the season hasn't started so quit trying to say this trade sucks until it's actually proven to suck, because on paper (facts), Vince puts up better numbers than Hedo and has an impressive pedigree.

Don't be a negativity spreader.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about you realize that Lawrence Frank and Stan Van Gundy run different offenses and don't just assume that Vince is going to come in and chuck up shots because 82games.com told you so.

Also realize that Vince has never been surrounded by the talent that he will be this season and that this team isn't going to rely soley upon him to win games like Toronto or NJ did.

Lastly, realize that the roster isn't full and the season hasn't started so quit trying to say this trade sucks until it's actually proven to suck, because on paper (facts), Vince puts up better numbers than Hedo and has an impressive pedigree.

Don't be a negativity spreader.

I like VC just not his contract. I know he is a better jumpshooter than Hedo and is quite good at it. I just am sick of everyone thinking that VC will go to the rim all the time and hedo never did. VC is primarily a jumpshooter now and does not really like going to the rim. That is why he used to get hurt all the time, now he has been healthy since he changed his game up. By the way if you haven't noticed SVG's offense we shoot more jump shots than NJ did. I mean we are a jump shooting team.

quote:

Thats what this forum is full, of flip floppers.

I missed this thread when it debuted, but it seemed that the overwhelming issue people had with it was trading for Vince whilst maintaining Hedo would hamstring our cap problem.

If that was the issue people had, and it clearly is no longer an issue, how are they flip-flopping? When a situation changes, it deserves to be reexamined. That's obvious.

quote:

I like VC just not his contract. I know he is a better jumpshooter than Hedo and is quite good at it. I just am sick of everyone thinking that VC will go to the rim all the time and hedo never did. VC is primarily a jumpshooter now and does not really like going to the rim. That is why he used to get hurt all the time, now he has been healthy since he changed his game up. By the way if you haven't noticed SVG's offense we shoot more jump shots than NJ did. I mean we are a jump shooting team.

Yeah, I'm not counting on Vince being a high flyer, though it would be nice to see Alonzo come out of retirement so Vince could dunk on him in a Magic uniform.

I just have a really good feeling about Vince and think that he's going to be smart and help make others better in a way that Hedo can't. I think it'll really show when he and Dwight run the pick and roll. Hedo kind of sucked at that because he never passed the ball so it was always just the pick, with no roll.

If Vince can shoot, than by all means shoot, but I'm really excited to see how he plays with Dwight. Hedo was probably the best Dwight could ask for on getting the spin off alley oop, but I think VC to Dwight is going to become a regular thing and really help out Dwight's offensive game.

I'm really not willing to get too excited about the season though until we get some good FAs and fill up our roster.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

I missed this thread when it debuted, but it seemed that the overwhelming issue people had with it was trading for Vince whilst maintaining Hedo would hamstring our cap problem.

If that was the issue people had, and it clearly is no longer an issue, how are they flip-flopping? When a situation changes, it deserves to be reexamined. That's obvious.

Yeah and if this was a swap for Hedo for VC I would have no problem because I think VC is a better player. The problem is losing Lee. I just don't feel giving up Lee to take on money and giving up two huge Trade assets makes sense. Especially for renting a guy for 2 years. He has a 3rd year TO for 16 million which I doubt we would pick up.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm really not willing to get too excited about the season though until we get some good FAs and fill up our roster.

Yeah well thats how we can judge this deal. If we don't spend money lose Hedo and Gortat and have to start JJ than i think the trade was a negative.

quote:

quote:

Yeah well thats how we can judge this deal. If we don't spend money lose Hedo and Gortat and have to start JJ than i think the trade was a negative.

It could be. We were going to struggle to sign Hedo anyways, but if we fail to sign some other valuable pieces to fill the roster, than Otis is a big failure. If JJ were the starter, I think a few people on this board who's names start with "P" would actually think it's been an amazing offseason with amazing trades.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Yeah and if this was a swap for Hedo for VC I would have no problem because I think VC is a better player. The problem is losing Lee. I just don't feel giving up Lee to take on money and giving up two huge Trade assets makes sense. Especially for renting a guy for 2 years. He has a 3rd year TO for 16 million which I doubt we would pick up.

I said nothing of the trade itself. I was talking about you calling people flip-floppers.

If a situation trades and someone therefore changes their opinion, they haven't flip-flopped.

If you don't like the trade, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. But that wasn't the issue I was talking about.

VaBchMagicFan: its called ive watched at least 50 of the nets games from last season, and the whole rest of Vince's Careers, which gives a better opinion then stats. When he attacks, he attacks as an accurate finisher. N he sat back more this season becuz the Nets were in need to develop Devin Harris. N look he turned out to be an allstar point gaurd. The coach even said, Vince sacrificed his stats last season in development of DHarris.

But im not gonna make excuses for those numbers u showed. Ill let u be the judge next season.

I jus hope u can come around and instead of looking back and being pessimistic.

Y not look towards our future and hope for the best. Y say VC WILL SUCK IN ORLANDO, over I CANT WAIT