Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

John Denton on 740 The Team (I just Updated this please re-read)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

It depends on which players he is losing. If your star player(Dwight) is giving you a vote of confidence and is getting ready to sign a huge 5-year contract I think that bodes well for Brian.

Last night I thought he was done. Now, I'm not as sure.

One more thought, Brian likes to play the inside out offense like he did with Shaq. I don't think it's a coincidence he's(Dwight) giving Brian props. That's the offense Dwight wants. Running it through him. Just an opinion. Time will tell.

junkie, where are you getting that Dwight gave Brian a vote of confidence or that he's giving him props? Was it something Denton said? I'm just curious.

Dwight was hinting that he wanted to talk to management about something after the season. The coaching would be a very likely possibility. He clearly wasn't happy about the number of shots he was getting.

Sorry, but the BHill will not be able to change.

If they bring him back it will be a huge mistake and I will not be spending any money with the Magic until he is gone and then I may be done with the Magic as I think we will lose this team.

The chemistry that was built the end of 2006 has been lost and players have to regain their confidence - we lost at least a year and people are questioning players like Darko and Jameer - the problem is Brian.

Dwight just say the word and he is gone. It doesn't sound like they will bring Brian back right now. The guy can't change - he will say he will, but he can't - he is a moron.

What the players will say in the media and what they say behind closed doors to Otis and Bob are two different things. After Penny was villainized in this town, no agent is going to let his client become a target for the local media.

Asking Brian to change his ways is an exercize in futility, adapting and making adjustments is and always has been his greatest weakness.

A players coach could survive this, an old style authoritarian coach would never be able to stay in command of his team after this.

I don't think Howard and his agent would have agreed to an extension unless there is some agreement from Magic management that coaching changes will occur. Besides Howard cannot sign the extension until July and a lot can happen between now and than. If magic management make no moves to remove Hill, we may see a change in Howards contract terms. The ball may move through Howard, but his agent is not dumb. You won't be able to attract the free agents we need, or keep the existing pieces we need with Brian Hill being the coach. Sorry but it's evident. Brian Hill may agree to change coaching philosophies, but he cannot change his stripes. Wrong coach for this group of players. If you want to keep Hill, than expect to see Darko, Trevor and JJ leave as soon as they can.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

I hate to say this, but the more I read today the more I wonder if BHill is really going...There was a lot of excitement yesterday, but why no word? Why make the man hang out there?

Thats pretty easy and to be expected. They are putting out some feelers to see who will replace him. By the time Hill's firing is announced they will let slip who they have in mind to replace him. I doubt he's getting another chance. They let leak that they told him to play JJ three time before he did then they got swept. Theres no way Otis can get along with Hill from here on in.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

My sources just told me that Brian is gone!!

Definitively!!!

I predict a press conference this afternoon, so the media can finish their venting (i.e. Bianchi) over the weekend when the Magic offices are closed.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Someone needs to spill the beans here!

My comment about the timing was only a guess, I don't know anything new since the stuff I shared after game three. That his removal was a "Done Deal" and has been for weeks now.

I will ask around this weekend and see if I can get any leads on his replacement.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Someone needs to spill the beans here!

My comment was only a guess, I don't know anything new since the stuff I shared after game three. That his removal was a "Done Deal" and has been for weeks now.

Oh I meant Junkie, he said he has some info!