TreyTime

SVG vs Rafer

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

quote:

1. Stan Van Gundy is an IDIOT for not putting Skip back in, in the 4th quarter.

2. If Rafer got upset while Jameer was playing his normal backup minutes, then he needs to be traded. ASAP.

How hard is it for these two!?!

It's Rafer's team NOW, and Jameer's team NEXT SEASON. These two dopes are proving Scoop Jackson right, of all idiots.

WORD..

3) do you still believe Jamaar is the top PG in the east? I dont think so.

Next year, things going to be much more difficult .. Cavs are gonna have some additions off season come back stronger - Celtics shall have KG back - Rondo is just getting better and better player every year - Bulls definitely will be a better team

Magic needs to fill that spot in with a true all star calibre PG or we aint getting anywhere..

When he's HEALTHY and in RHYTHM, yes.

And with the bolded... I mean, did you notice who made the All Star team this season? Happen to come across NBA.com in February maybe, or...

Sky, with all due respect, I won't buy into that unless he's repeat that for 3 years consecutively.

the key word is " Healthy and in rhythm"

It doesn't look to me that way given that he hasnt played more than 60 game a season..!

When you are trying to win a game the last thing you need to be worried about is your players ego's. Meer played good, I could care less if Rafer was pissed on the bench, he should be behind whomever is playing. "Massaging ego's" Coach went with who he felt could win the game, and well its easy to second guess him now, but in the game Meer did solid, and we close to winning this one despite the numerous errors on our part.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

When you are trying to win a game the last thing you need to be worried about is your players ego's. Meer played good, I could care less if Rafer was pissed on the bench, he should be behind whomever is playing. "Massaging ego's" Coach went with who he felt could win the game, and well its easy to second guess him now, but in the game Meer did solid, and we close to winning this one despite the numerous errors on our part.

Except Jameer didn't play solidly. 2pts, 3ast, 3 TOs, for a 1:1 assist/turnover ratio, in 26 minutes. And two blown assignments on Derek Fisher. Yea that's really solid.

Good point bigpimpatl...

hey richnba, get over it mann, chilled out, meer is even saying he is not ready, so what the hell he is out there in the FINALS!!!

We lost yesterday, i wont blame d12 for ftws, we lost because of stan's decision for playing meer and shard's being ghost all night long...

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

Except Jameer didn't play solidly. 2pts, 3ast, 3 TOs, for a 1:1 assist/turnover ratio, in 26 minutes. And two blown assignments on Derek Fisher. Yea that's really solid.

Could someone please explain to me what happened? I was at the game, and none of us could figure out why Jameer was in there over Rafer...especially since Jameer was KILLING us last night.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

I'm not going to defend Jameer on that regulation play, but criticizing the OT play is just rediculous. Kobe had post up position in the paint, Jameer wasn't freelancing, he was obviously carrying out SVG's defensive principles, & he took a charge that wasn't called.

A big reason Alston took a seat on the bench was him blowing numerous defensive assignments & they arguing w/SVG about it. Very reminiscent of the AJ situation in the Boston series.

Imo, the entire Alston/Nelson thing is too convenient. There have been numerous times in the playoffs Rafer didn't play down the stretch. But, because Nelson is back, & Orlando lost, it's a story line.

Alston in the game vs. Nelson on that last play is probably irrelevant. Personally, I think it's a huge mistake not to have Lee in the game in these late game defensive possessions.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Actually Meer played horrible, AJ average numbers were much better than Meers in less minutes. People still defending playing Meer are stubborn and it is clear this guy should not be on the court.

quote:
Originally posted by datmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

quote:

1. Stan Van Gundy is an IDIOT for not putting Skip back in, in the 4th quarter.

2. If Rafer got upset while Jameer was playing his normal backup minutes, then he needs to be traded. ASAP.

How hard is it for these two!?!

It's Rafer's team NOW, and Jameer's team NEXT SEASON. These two dopes are proving Scoop Jackson right, of all idiots.

WORD..

3) do you still believe Jamaar is the top PG in the east? I dont think so.

Next year, things going to be much more difficult .. Cavs are gonna have some additions off season come back stronger - Celtics shall have KG back - Rondo is just getting better and better player every year - Bulls definitely will be a better team

Magic needs to fill that spot in with a true all star calibre PG or we aint getting anywhere..

Meer will be back into his all star caliber next year.

I love Meer and hope for the best, but to say he will be back to that form is crazy. First of all he played well for half a season and was shooting the ball better than almost any player in the league. To think that will continue is overly optimistic. Meer is good but it is very likely his numbers will decline. I hear this arguement from people all the time about Turk saying look at his numbers. Well, look at Nelson's he played well for 40 games and now he is great? I think he is a little overhyped and needs to play well for more than half a season before you can assume he will be back to his old form.

I'm not a huge Jameer fan, but he IS the best PG on out team. Everybody who is saying AJ should play because he was putting up better numbers...well, he was putting up better numbers, but thats not what will win games. Look at the way the team plays with Jameer on the floor compared to AJ. The offense flows better with Jameer.

I will admit, the offense flows better with Rafer than Jameer right not, and that is why Rafer is starting.

AJ, however kills our O. On most possessions it takes him atleast 6 seconds to get accross half court, then another few seconds to get in the offense, he kills our shot clock because no other pg respects him. That is why Jameer is playing over him, he can get the team into its offense, whereas AJ just backs the ball down the floor wasting half of our shot clock