Sign in to follow this  
Twelve

Magic Loses 2011 All-Star game

Stern hinted that we would get the 2011 All-Star game and now it has been awarded to L.A. ...

... I was looking forward to the "big weekend" and now have to wait another year (at least)

L.A. just hosted it 5 years ago in 2004

What gives?

Stern hinted that we would get the 2011 All-Star game and now it has been awarded to L.A. ...

... I was looking forward to the "big weekend" and now have to wait another year (at least)

L.A. just hosted it 5 years ago in 2004

What gives?

quote:
Originally posted by Twelve:

Orlando getting thier asses whupped in game 1 by 25 probably made this decision easier too

I don't know about that. What was favorable about the Staples is that it's next door to the convention center which was the venue to NBA Fest during those three days. They'll eventually get it probably just right after.

good chance 2011 will be a lock out year anyway, maybe we passed to make sure their is actually a game to be held.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

good chance 2011 will be a lock out year anyway, maybe we passed to make sure their is actually a game to be held.

Nice call ... I hope the NBA get it together this time around because '99 was a nightmare. I remember the HBO "all-star" game that the players gave the fans.

I don't think it was in the plans for Orlando to host the 2011 ASG. The new arena is supposed to be ready prior to that season, but there is ALWAYS a possibility it might not. So I would guess the Orlando ASG is more likely to be set for 2012.

Every sports media person I've seen/heard with any sense has stated that you can't put the loss on Lee. That was a high difficult shot, and he was also held by Kobe, preventing him from getting to the ball a second earlier, where it would have been a much easier oop. Not his fault. I didn't mean for this to be in this thread.........

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Every sports media person I've seen/heard with any sense has stated that you can't put the loss on Lee. That was a high difficult shot, and he was also held by Kobe, preventing him from getting to the ball a second earlier, where it would have been a much easier oop. Not his fault. I didn't mean for this to be in this thread.........

uhhh...?