Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

How will Courtney respond?

Let's get this out of the way right off the bat: That was not an easy shot. ESPN is calling it the easiest shot missed in the finals. He was moving full speed (which, for CLee, is pretty stinking fast) past the hoop, and caught the ball directly under the backboard. Can he make it? Sure. Was it an easy shot? Nope.

So how does he respond?

Nick Anderson's free throw shooting struggled for seasons after he missed those 4. Will that be the case with Courtney? I don't think so, because this wasn't a mental breakdown.

Instead, I think he works hard this summer and comes out hungry next year to make sure that his career isn't defined by .6 seconds. Hopefully this pushes him to be more assertive and realize his potential.

What do you think, how does this affect Courtney?

Let's get this out of the way right off the bat: That was not an easy shot. ESPN is calling it the easiest shot missed in the finals. He was moving full speed (which, for CLee, is pretty stinking fast) past the hoop, and caught the ball directly under the backboard. Can he make it? Sure. Was it an easy shot? Nope.

So how does he respond?

Nick Anderson's free throw shooting struggled for seasons after he missed those 4. Will that be the case with Courtney? I don't think so, because this wasn't a mental breakdown.

Instead, I think he works hard this summer and comes out hungry next year to make sure that his career isn't defined by .6 seconds. Hopefully this pushes him to be more assertive and realize his potential.

What do you think, how does this affect Courtney?

I was more referring to how it will affect his career, particularly next season. I think he'll continue to be the 5th option this series.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Nick had several years prior to that when he is percentage on free throws was in the high 60's so him stepping up to hit those was not automatic by any means.

Now if Lee starts blowing layups left and right and forgets how to finish I will be worried.

But overall he will be just fine.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

Nick had several years prior to that when he is percentage on free throws was in the high 60's so him stepping up to hit those was not automatic by any means.

Now if Lee starts blowing layups left and right and forgets how to finish I will be worried.

Well, the one thing this board has been negative about Courtney on all season has been missed lay ups.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

Well, the one thing this board has been negative about Courtney on all season has been missed lay ups.

Yeah its so weird. Like the last play before, the floater he missed, it looked so pretty, him driving. He looked like he was flowing or something, but then he cant finish

I want to see him be more assertive and take it to the basket more like he did on the Magic's first basket..or take his 12ft pullup. I don't think he is aware of he easy it is for him to do it, especially with Kobe not paying full attention to him

It almost seems like he's tried to adjust his finishing skills to avoid being blocked and it has gotten into his head. Probably doesn't help that he practices against Dwight and thus most likely gets rejected a lot in practice.