Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Why would the NBA do the schedule like this???

Ok here is what I do not understand. Why is there 3 days between game 1 & 2 and only 2 days between game 2 & 3 when you travel between games 2 & 3. I am sure it is ratings driven, but I am sure ratings on Saturday would not be much different than Sunday. Especially when you consider people are more apt to stay up later on Saturday than Sunday since the work week begins on Monday. Then they do the same thing between games 5 & 6 with a Sunday/Tuesday schedule.

I would think they would want each team to be playing at their best and anyone with half a brain knows that it is much better to have a day rest coming off a travel day than between games when you are not traveling.

Ok here is what I do not understand. Why is there 3 days between game 1 & 2 and only 2 days between game 2 & 3 when you travel between games 2 & 3. I am sure it is ratings driven, but I am sure ratings on Saturday would not be much different than Sunday. Especially when you consider people are more apt to stay up later on Saturday than Sunday since the work week begins on Monday. Then they do the same thing between games 5 & 6 with a Sunday/Tuesday schedule.

I would think they would want each team to be playing at their best and anyone with half a brain knows that it is much better to have a day rest coming off a travel day than between games when you are not traveling.

oo it is nothing but ratings. Sunday is generally a great tv day for the NBA. Not to mention ESpn is carrying the horse race and stuff as well.

Nothing but ratings though

quote:
Originally posted by Naught-Nole-Magic:

just noticed the sparks (wnba) are playing tonight at staples... i wonder if that had anything to do with it

yes, that would be the reason

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Sparks > NBA Finals

I know you are joking but that has nothing to do with it. Prior schedules supersede the finals.

The easy solution to that would of been to have Game 1 on Friday night, not Thursday. Game 2 still on Sunday.

Then have Game 3 Wednesday, Game 4 Friday, Game 5 next Sunday. Then go from there.

Again... duh.