Sign in to follow this  
NBAMagic47

Activating Jameer "COST" the Magic this series

No one, including myself, is blaming Jameer Nelson and his horrible play. We are just in disagreement with the decision to activate him. Who ever made that decision put not only Nelson, but this team in No Win situation. It was an experiment gone wrong, and it boggles my mind how some of you can sit there and not only see it, but try to defend it............Like the slogan goes "It's Amazing"

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

No one, including myself, is blaming Jameer Nelson and his horrible play. We are just in disagreement with the decision to activate him. Who ever made that decision put not only Nelson, but this team in No Win situation. It was an experiment gone wrong, and it boggles my mind how some of you can sit there and not only see it, but try to defend it............Like the slogan goes "It's Amazing"

Put his team in a no-win situation? Are you serious? You can isolate the cause in a series where we have only decisively lost one game and blame it all on the activation of an all-star point guard?

And you are sure that Rafer and AJ would have prevented whatever it is you claim made us lose games in this series?

If your mind is boggled, it speaks more of your mind than the situation we're discussing.

By the way, there is a difference between defending the decision and not assuming that it has cost us the series like you have done all along.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

Put his team in a no-win situation? Are you serious? You can isolate the cause in a series where we have only decisively lost one game and blame it all on the activation of an all-star point guard?

And you are sure that Rafer and AJ would have prevented whatever it is you claim made us lose games in this series?

If your mind is boggled, it speaks more of your mind than the situation we're discussing.

By the way, there is a difference between defending the decision and not assuming that it has cost us the series like you have done all along.

Yeah that's right, they put this team in a no-win situation. Jameer has not played in 4 freakin months!

To allow him to go out there to "find his rhythm" during the NBA Finals is moronic!

To take the chance of messing around with the chemistry of the team during the NBA Finals is moronic!

To not only activate him but give him the amount of minutes they are giving him is moronic!

To not go with what got you there in the first place is moronic!

To not see this and just be a homer and say it has "No" affect on this team, is moronic!

By the way, it "Did Cost Us The Series" whether you want to admit it or not.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah that's right, they put this team in a no-win situation. Jameer has not played in 4 freakin months!

To allow him to go out there to "find his rhythm" during the NBA Finals is moronic!

To take the chance of messing around with the chemistry of the team during the NBA Finals is moronic!

To not only activate him but give him the amount of minutes they are giving him is moronic!

To not go with what got you there in the first place is moronic!

To not see this and just be a homer and say it has "No" affect on this team, is moronic!

By the way, it "Did Cost Us The Series" whether you want to admit it or not.

I'll leave the moronic to those who said SVG would be no better than Brian Hill.

You have an infantile view of the game.

quote:

Well I wonder what all of the Jameer homers are going to say about this now:

* Stan's decision making cost us this game (without Stans coaching we would never be in this seriers)

* Dwight's FT cost us this game (without DH stats we would have never been in the game)

* Hedo's FT cost us this game (Hedo was huge all game, his 3 tied it for us)

* Rafer's attitude on the bench cost us this game (It's because of playing time)

Wrong!!!

Jameer's inability to close out on one of the leagues late game clutch shooters (Fisher has done this in the past) cost us this game!!

Let's see how all of you Jameer "homers" put a spin on this one?

I have to say that put jameer with Fisher in that last action was a HUGE mistake. If i was Stan i will put Lee over Nelson, but im not a coach of the NBA.

Anyway without Stan, Hedo or Dwight we probably won

quote:

I'll leave the moronic to those who said SVG would be no better than Brian Hill.

Hmmm Lets see:

Brian Hill 1995 Finals = Shaq + Penny + Grant

Stan Van Gundy 2009 Finals = Howard + Hedo + Lewis

Hmmmm I guess you don't see these similarities like you don't see how activating Jameer cost us this series

Like Van Gundy even said himself "Your only as good a coach as the Players you have"

This is a players league not a coaches league.......So I guess you also agree that Clevelands Brown was indeed the "Coach of the Year".......So with or without Lebron, he would have won that award?

No lo siento, pero tu senor EnFuego, es el nino!

quote:

quote:

Hmmm Lets see:

Hmmmm I guess you don't see these similarities like you don't see how activating Jameer cost us this series

Like Van Gundy even said himself "Your only as good a coach as the Players you have"

Brian Hill = SVG.

Correct?

I can't demonstrate your ignorance better than you have done yourself.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm Lets see:

Brian Hill = SVG.

Correct?

I can't demonstrate your ignorance better than you have done yourself.

No you idiot:

Shaq = Howard

Just like Hill would have never made it to the finals without Shaq, SVG would have never made it without Howard

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

PG Jameer Nelson's too-soon return ruining it for Magic

George Diaz | COMMENTARY

Stan Van Gundy had done a superb job at shredding the sarcastic "Master of Panic" label that Shaquille O'Neal hung on him. Van Gundy, an Average Joe kind of guy with a self-deprecating style of humor, led the charge as his team rallied to beat the defending NBA champions on their home court, and then buried LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in six to advance to the Finals.

Life was good.

Then Jameer happened.

And Van Gundy had a brain freeze. His insistence on playing point guard Jameer Nelson for prolonged stretches in these playoffs is a Jeff Spicoli moment. As in: "Whoa, dude, what were you thinking?"

It's inexplicable, really. Even from press row, where the great unwashed have a look at things, it's easy enough to see that Nelson wasn't ready to roll in this, the biggest stage in the biggest games of the season.

To read the rest go here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...n13,0,6016497.column

quote:
Magic, Stan fail at basics

Mike Bianchi | SPORTS COMMENTARY

For fans, the most exasperating example of Van Gundy's inconsistency has come with his controversial and often indecipherable decision on bringing back point guard Jameer Nelson for the Finals.

I have no problem with an injured all-star returning to play or even start, but what drives fans crazy is the organization's incredible indecision and the obvious effect it has had on team chemistry.

A couple of weeks ago, team GM Otis Smith said there was no way Nelson could play. Then Magic President Bob Vander Weide said the team would explore the possibility. Then Smith said there was just a "smidgen" of a chance. Then Van Gundy said it would be a "pretty tall order" for Nelson to play.

And then came Game 1 of the Finals, where Nelson played nearly as many minutes in a reserve role as starter Rafer Alston. Alston was clearly unhappy and Van Gundy admitted it was a mistake to have played Nelson so extensively. Van Gundy claimed during his Game 1 mea culpa that Nelson wasn't in good enough condition to have played so many minutes.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...n13,0,7332895.column

Junkie,

Our illustrious beat writers are chasers that know less basketball than Gina Incandela.

And they are hipocrites because they both end up their articles by admiting how the Magic easily could be up 3-1 in this series and then we would be talking about what a great move it was to activate Jameer.

Unmentioned is the fact that once Jameer declared himself ready to go, if Otis and Stan had negated him the opportunity, we would be discussing what a stupid decision was it to not give yourself the chance to get an All-Star back instead of two journeymen.

So because some sports writers believe it to be true, it must be true? This is there opinion as much as anyone elses. And I will say it til I am blue in the face, no way AJ does a better job. How soon we all forget.

And as Enfuego said, these games aren't blowouts, they are down to the wire, the Lakers are simply executing a tad bit better down the stretch. This isn't a Meer issue its a team issue, just gotta play better.

One guy is not winning and losing games for this team.

Rich, I quoted some writer's to illustrate that there are other people that have the same view(although these two guys aren't my favorites) as some of the people that have been posting in support of this thread.

This is very controversial subject right now whether you want to admit it or not...some of the talking heads at ESPN have been lamenting their disdain also...some people are opposed to this notion, some people are in support.

I agree that this isn't a Meer issue...in other words losing the 3 games that we've lost so far isn't his fault.

But if it's a team issue(losing), like you've suggested and I agree with you...and team chemistry and who gets the pg minutes is "one" of the reasons we are losing...then somebody is at fault here???