Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Playoff Race 6-10 seeds

Miami(30-29 currently 6th seed) - We are 2-0 with games one the 3/18(away) and home on 18/4(last game of season, could literally be a game for an extended season for both teams)

Indiana(29-29 currently 7th seed) - We are 1-2 with one game left at home on 3/30

New Jersey(28-32 currently 9th) - We are 1-2 with one game left at home on 3/23...surely will be big big game

New York(28-33 currently 10th) - New York wins tie breaker with 2 win and one to come away on 3/26

US 29-33

We are currently sitting in 8th place by a percentage point over new jersey, we are in a position to forget about the past and turn over a new leaf and make our own destiny, I

we need that 7th seed... although..i'd love to get the pistons out of the race in the first round to avenge that series when we won 3 games..and they came back to win the whole thing... i think that might've been our last year in the playoffs...

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Temple_Kiwi:

Miami(30-29 currently 6th seed) - We are 2-0 with games one the 3/18(away) and home on 18/4(last game of season, could literally be a game for an extended season for both teams)

Indiana(29-29 currently 7th seed) - We are 1-2 with one game left at home on 3/30

New Jersey(28-32 currently 9th) - We are 1-2 with one game left at home on 3/23...surely will be big big game

New York(28-33 currently 10th) - New York wins tie breaker with 2 win and one to come away on 3/26

US 29-33

We are currently sitting in 8th place by a percentage point over new jersey, we are in a position to forget about the past and turn over a new leaf and make our own destiny, I

Currently 4 games under fifty percent.

Figured Out By Teams?

I've read an other threads that people say that teams have figured us out.

Out passing is off, ball handling dead, shooting shots that are wide open won't go in, making a layup is like reading the Moby Dick, slashing and cutting is underrated on this team, some persons blind arrogance makes him not want to make natural adjustments, our owner is blind, the Magic defense is lacking heart and determination as players literally watch the opposition take open shots, and let me not forget our rotting, decomposing, and molding talent on the bench.

Our have been running the defense through Dwight forever but I think everyone should be set at least 10 plays for them specifically and for others who can complete that play. Ignorance, Arrogance, and Stubbornness has drastically hurt the players emotions. I haven't seen a smile in a while.

Getting Healthy Is What Its All About? Getting Healthy is what its all about? :

This may be the solution but these players fail to workout and take care of their bodies to be durable on the court. They get this king of exercise at practice but do these players contribute to widening there skills and improving their health all alone.

We have been really small lately because of the absence of Tony Battie and what I thought was not a serious, a thumb bone chip. Never the less, their is still the fragile Grant Hill who absolutely should not be starting for his age.

The Deepest bench in the league?

With all the losing that's effecting fans and players, in my opinion, I recognize this team still as the best in the NBA. All of us fans know these players can shoot the lights out but can't even hit the backboard at times.

Various board members know what this team is capable of and others are just worried about their one favorite player. I would predict 70 blowouts this year If the entire team was shooting, slashing, dunking, blocking, contesting, lights out.

Talent Is Not Being Utilized"

Like I said above, everyone should be ran through the offense and not only Dwight. The same play has been run every game to Dwight this whole season and ran at least 5 or more times in this each game. I don't have to mention who's at fault for this.

Players don't have plays that are made for their strengths. Example of talents are slashing, shooting capability, athleticism to boost crowd enthusiasm, fast breaking, and ball handling.

The Magic Killers:

Magic Killer (Noun) - A star or mostly role players that shoot the lights out against the Orlando Magic.

Magic Killer list:

Delonte West

Jason Kidd

Channing Frye

Allen Iverson

Kyle Korver

Morris Peterson

Michael Finley

Jason Terry

Luther Head

Shane Battier

Mike Miller

Pau Gasol

Eddie Jones

Yao Ming

Janero Pargo

David West

Emanuel Ginoboli

Andres Nocioni

Ben Gordon

Luol Deng

Zydrunas Illgauskas

Chauncey Billups

Zach Randolph

Danny Granger

Al Harrington

Stephen Jackson

Jamal Tinsley

Dan Gadzuric

Matt Harpring

Micheal Redd

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Baron Davis

Tim Thomas

SMUSH PARKER

The Phoenix Suns

Antwan Jamison

Chris Kaman

The Ones in bold are the worst of all.

These players..........I have no idea how they only do this against us.

Growing Pains

-Never can get rid of the virus of turnovers

-Rebounding struggles have ached and eaten team hustle

-Free throws, the easiest shot ever for any player

-Three point shooting has been a worst and can't get any better is making it rain.

The Referees Grudges

We are the number one hated target by the refs this year and in the past. Our superstars receive the fouls that a regular role player on the opposition receives. The Magic still refuse to let the referees have it with an argument technical or a ejection. "The worst officials in sports history"- O=dub.

Does God Really Hate Magic Fans?

We, the Magic fans, have dealt with a 19 game losing streak, the loss of great players, hurt of being up 3 games in the playoffs and being knock out by losing four in a row, the most impossible shots go in against us, our team never seems like they want to play for a full season, we have to deal with the nonsense of Magic killers, and dreadful injuries come to hurt us, we have the greatest coach in NBA history, we come up short almost every time, the laughing stock of the league, embarrassment of past losses, stresses and sobs by fans. Sigh*

But boy do I love my Magic team so much that I'm still here and I still believe, the belief that we will get through the rough times and the medias view on us as a bust and ridiculous team. Thank god we have such still here. Someone on this board still praises belief no matter what happens(You know who you are).

Listen up Magic players if your reading. You can hope, dream, pray, think, and predict we'll make the playoffs but in the end you have to make it happen.

By Budweiser.

If the 'gic are any good at all we should get into the playoffs.

With these schedules all relative to each other, the only way we miss the playoffs is if we totally suck compared to the other teams.

At this point, I honestly believe we are a more capable team than NJN, Indiana, and New York. Granted, Indiana may not fade quite enough to pass them, but I'll be ****ED if we are incapable of getting a better record in our last 21 games than NJ and New York considering our schedule.

After staring at these numbers all day, I've decided I will kill myself of dehydration from CRYING too much if we can't get ahead of NJ and New York.

quote:
I'd be interested in seeing your game-by-game breakdown where NJN goes 11-11 against their schedule...

Also, you're forgetting about New York...

OK. I updated the Knicks.

The game I had the Magic and NJ win

Magic

MARCH

5 Milwaukee

12 at Charlotte

23 New Jersey

28 Boston

APRIL

9 at Milwaukee

14 Philadelphia

15 Boston

-----------------

New Jersey

MARCH

12 at Memphis

13 NO/Oklahoma City

18 LA Clippers

20 Denver

24 at Charlotte

31 Philadelphia

APRIL

4 Atlanta

7 Washington

13 New York

15 at Indiana

16 New York

I completely agree, for such a young team as this any playoff experience is a good experience. Also, don't forget about Free Agency. It's all about "selling" your team to free agents, and "playoff team Orlando Magic" sounds so much better than "lottery-bound Orlando Magic."

Besides, I think the Magic could win 2 or 3 games in a playoff series against Cleveland or Chicago.

My predictions for the remaing teams 21 games:

#6) Miami Heat 15-9 (44 - 38)

#7) Indiana Pacers 11-13 (40 - 42)

#8) New Jersey Nets 11-11 (39 - 43)

#9) Orlando Magic 7-14 (35 - 47)

#10)New York Knicks 7-15 (35 - 47)

Bummer...

We'll be lucky to get the 8th spot. The way we've been playing there may be a few winnable games on the schedule. Nothing can be taken for granted. What happens if we lose to Milwaukee tonight? Will we still be believing? This team has shown nothing, zilch since we were 13-4.

I believe that Orlando has an excellent opportunity to grab even the 6th seed!

Only the Miami Heat have a more favorable schedule down the stretch. With 3 extra home games and an equally easy schedule and with Shaq demonstrating he is still an awesome player, even at 35, it is apparent that Miami should come out of this with the best record of these 5 teams.

To me, it looks like NJ is DONE and Indiana is fading quickly. Both have heavy road schedules and NJ still has a HUGE west coast trip ahead of them.

With Miami coming strong with an easy schedule, it looks like we'll be duking it out with New York for the 7th and 8th seeds... maybe with Indiana if their new guys step up... but they're fading BADLY, even worse than we are if you look at their recent games where they've been getting blown out...

PREDICTION

----------

6th: Miami (43-39)

7th: Orlando (41-41)

8th: New York (39-43)

9th: Indiana (38-44)

10th: Milwaukee / New Jersey (tied @ 35-47)

Sure, I'll throw the info into the existing thread.

I plan to keep this thread alive so that the statistics don't get lost in the middle of the existing thread and so I can keep these stats updated every day or so.

Also, to keep this question fresh:

Does anyone know what Richard Jefferson's timetable is for New Jersey? Do they expect him back during their road trip?