Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Vander Weide, " I'm satisfied w/ Coach, we need personnel upgrades".

Thank you.

I disagree with those sentiments. BHill does sometimes admit mistakes. My problem is not that he doesn't admit to a mistake when he makes it, it's that he doesn't recognize some of the mistakes he's made over and over again.

It doesn't make a difference what nbamagic has to say. He is just blowing smoke up everyones arse. Be patient...hill will be gone. Anyone with any real intelligence knows this.

Originally posted by NBAMagic47:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

NBAMagic47, God Bless ya, somebody has to pull for the guy, and I guess your it! I say this without sarcasim (really) because it is apparent that you think BHill is a good coach. O.K. again nothing wrong with that, but there is one question you need to ask yourself, and that is............." Can everyone tell the same lie"? If you beleive that than you have answered a few other questions as well.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

NBAMagic47, God Bless ya, somebody has to pull for the guy, and I guess your it! I say this without sarcasim (really) because it is apparent that you think BHill is a good coach. O.K. again nothing wrong with that, but there is one question you need to ask yourself, and that is............." Can everyone tell the same lie"? If you beleive that than you have answered a few other questions as well.

do i think he is great coach. no. i do think he can coach this team with better talent. i pull for the guy because he is our guy. and until he is not our guy i will come out here and defend him. just like i will defend any other coach that will take his place. i was just gettin sick and tired of all the bashing. no one would give any opportunity for some one to defend him so i will. im not afraid of the idiots who have to use name callin because someone does not agree. you do it to anyone who supports the coach. you did it with the carlos arroyo fans. just think of me as somone who will stick up for the little guy. and once you get me started i will not go away. i am a magic fan thru and thru. and no one out here can tell me any difference

quote:
Vander Weide said, "Let me just say I'm satisfied with where we are right now.''

If you ask me Vander Weide just said "We are happy with being a mediocre team in the NBA."

If they don't fire Brian Hill, I believe you wont get the players they need in the off-season. Brian Hill has a bad reputation with the players.

I also happen to think if they do keep Brian Hill they will have a very hard time convincing Dwight to sign a long term deal.

quote:

quote:

do i think he is great coach. no. i do think he can coach this team with better talent. i pull for the guy because he is our guy. and until he is not our guy i will come out here and defend him. just like i will defend any other coach that will take his place. i was just gettin sick and tired of all the bashing. no one would give any opportunity for some one to defend him so i will. im not afraid of the idiots who have to use name callin because someone does not agree. you do it to anyone who supports the coach. you did it with the carlos arroyo fans. just think of me as somone who will stick up for the little guy. and once you get me started i will not go away. i am a magic fan thru and thru. and no one out here can tell me any difference

I was okay with all of that, but you did not answer the question! "Can everyone tell the same lie" I also could not help noticing that it is almost a personel issue with you, don't take it personelly....I don't know BHill or for that matter anyone on this board personelly, and he is probably a really nice person away from the Magic, so it isn't personel, but it is an exchange of opinion.

I am the one who loves to call him the "Village Idiot" this is directed towards his coaching abilities, plus as you stated he is ours despite all else! I respect you for wanting to defend the little guy (no pun intended really) but no matter who defends him, or who attacks him, it is not personel, it his professional (celebrity) coaching status that is under constant review and that is what the fan base sees as a result of his dicisions or indecisions and the harm/damage that was inflicted because of it! You are doing a good job sticking up for him, but it is much like skiing uphill in the summer! Go Magic!!

By the way, what was your defense for Johnny Davis and Chris Jent??

quote:

Yeah, that's kind of the key question. How does defending a bad coach ultimately help the Magic become a better team? And wouldn't true Magic fans want our team to become better? Or is loyalty to our coach and current personnel more important than having a good team?

Loyalty is an interesting concept. We could have made the playoffs with a 36-46 record. Yet the loyal Magic celebrate and have somehow made that into an astounding accomplishment. That is all they expected at the beginning of the season, they say.

Baloney. A lot of people were predicting a first round home advantage.

People were expecting an improved team, with Milicic starting, Redick working his way into a key role on the team, and actually didn't even expect G. Hill to play.

B. Hill seemed confused by the fact that G. Hill came back healthy. And it was the main reason that he never developed a proper lineup.

Funny, we are in the same situation now. What do you do if GHill comes back. I doubt that he would be satisfied by a backup role. Again, BHill will be befuddled and muck things up.

Bring someone new in. Someone who wants to win more than he wants to keep his favorites happy.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:

Yeah, that's kind of the key question. How does defending a bad coach ultimately help the Magic become a better team? And wouldn't true Magic fans want our team to become better? Or is loyalty to our coach and current personnel more important than having a good team?

I am glad you were able to gleem all of that from the single question! It also speaks to the personel issue as well, don't you think?

Mike Bianchi was on the radio this morning and said he was the one who asked this question. He felt the response was very evasive, when a simple "yes" could have done it.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Mike Bianchi was on the radio this morning and said he was the one who asked this question. He felt the response was very evasive, when a simple "yes" could have done it.

If you are left to read between the lines as always, there is nothing left to be said about this! I think they should be making the phone calls and setting up interviews, before the big fish get away! Like I said, no one really wants him back, most of all the talented present and future players of this organization. D12's Dad is still pissed over the Cliff Ray firing, the Darko question never got answered and we were not coached into playoffs (talent got us there) but we were coached out of them....clearly and that is what Vanderwiede said......without saying it!!!!!!!!