Sign in to follow this  
OnlyIntelPosts

What do we do with Hedo now?

I'm not sure other ppl feel this way but I strongly. believe turk needs us just as much as we need him. The shots turk take is bc we have dwight to cover his butt and the assist he gets is bc we have very good shooters. I understand he wants to get paid but paying him 10 mil on this team where on any giving night he can be just an average player is not going to happen. If I was gm and I'd sign and trade him sacarmento and bring in younger guys through the trade and free agency. If we get a pick/young pg to back up nelson and a young small for turk and then use the mle to get Channing Frye and Rasheed Wallace we would be even better.

I did not mean to apply anything to your life. I just tried to share some of my life experience and that's all. If i hit a button I'm sorry. It seems that we diverge on our understandings of the action "listening". I might be wrong but it's like you're reading some posts just to find something you can use for your response. Not to qualify its reliability, not to think about its possibility, unlike me. If you're being cursed at for your ideas, it's your right to feel disrespected, some people just don't have enough dignity to carry out a discussion.

Every idea should be respected until they're proven wrong, senseless. People should value other's opinions before going ahead with their own. You just seem to be biased from time to time. The way you consider posts other than yours should be objective. Your posts could be subjective representing your opinions but you shouldn't interpret others' posts subjectively.

You calling my observations ridiculous for instance is not the way to discuss respectfully. That takes you a baby step closer to Jackie.

In the end these boards are just for fun. It's not like SVG or Otis would read these posts and make decisions upon our ideas. So it's just for sharing our ideas with other members and sharing ideas respectfully we should do.

quote:
Originally posted by adigeutqu:

I did not mean to apply anything to your life. I just tried to share some of my life experience and that's all. If i hit a button I'm sorry. It seems that we diverge on our understandings of the action "listening". I might be wrong but it's like you're reading some posts just to find something you can use for your response. Not to qualify its reliability, not to think about its possibility, unlike me. If you're being cursed at for your ideas, it's your right to feel disrespected, some people just don't have enough dignity to carry out a discussion.

Every idea should be respected until they're proven wrong, senseless. People should value other's opinions before going ahead with their own. You just seem to be biased from time to time. The way you consider posts other than yours should be objective. Your posts could be subjective representing your opinions but you shouldn't interpret others' posts subjectively.

You calling my observations ridiculous for instance is not the way to discuss respectfully. That takes you a baby step closer to Jackie.

In the end these boards are just for fun. It's not like SVG or Otis would read these posts and make decisions upon our ideas. So it's just for sharing our ideas with other members and sharing ideas respectfully we should do.

Again though, you're speaking in generalities. If I have this huge, overarching problem that you seem to be insisting I have, why is it that you've failed to provide a single example of my doing it when so many examples should exist? It's the same problem when people call me a racist. I can't prove I'm not a racist, the same as I can't prove I'm not specifically looking for things to attack in other people's posts. I CAN however, discuss rationally examples of either, and explain why said examples aren't racist/me being an asshat, but no one ever bothers to explain why.

And I don't understand either why people can't understand that you can say that an idea is stupid, and that that isn't the same as saying the person having the idea is stupid. I think I'm a smart guy, but if I told someone: "I think Kwame Brown has really good hands for a big man", people could and should tell me that that statement is idiotic. Why should they tell me that? Because the statement IS idiotic. That I, in that scenario, made an idiotic statement doesn't make me an idiot.

For a more pressing example, I said your comment was ridiculous. I said so because your initial assertion, that I don't bother actually reading and considering posts before responding to them, is one that I've explained multiple times to be untrue, and have gone to far greater lengths than should've been necessary to explain how untrue it was. Yet, you continue to insist it's true, with your only evidence being circumstance and your interpretation of how I read and respond to posts: An interpretation which I've already explained is completely inaccurate. You've still continued to insist I have this problem, however, and have done so without a shred of evidence. I'm sorry if the word ridiculous bothers you, but the truth is that I find that whole thought process to be ridiculous. It's roughly on par with the thought process I had when I told people: "I look really stylish when I'm wearing this fedora". It's a ridiculous, and a ridiculously untrue, statement.

quote:
Originally posted by adigeutqu:

good stuff.