Sign in to follow this  
OnlyIntelPosts

What do we do with Hedo now?

So, has anyone had a change of heart because of the play of Turk starting in Game 7 of the Celtics series.

He seems to have elevated his game like no one has, and is playing extremely at a high and might I say cold blooded level.

We have seen what he is capable of, having two games of 12+ assists, and then coming out in game two hitting clutch shot after clutch shot in the 4th of games 1 and 2 in the cleveland series, especially the 3 pointer with 43 seconds left in Game 2, and of course to shake and bake assumed game winner shot that left one second on the clock for LeBrons miracle.

Everyone has been saying how our lineup won't work and we need a traditional PF, but we have a great great chance of winning the championship this season with our two SF's, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Would you guys now give Turk the contract he wants and/or deserves, or sign and trade, or whatever. Your thoughts please.

So, has anyone had a change of heart because of the play of Turk starting in Game 7 of the Celtics series.

He seems to have elevated his game like no one has, and is playing extremely at a high and might I say cold blooded level.

We have seen what he is capable of, having two games of 12+ assists, and then coming out in game two hitting clutch shot after clutch shot in the 4th of games 1 and 2 in the cleveland series, especially the 3 pointer with 43 seconds left in Game 2, and of course to shake and bake assumed game winner shot that left one second on the clock for LeBrons miracle.

Everyone has been saying how our lineup won't work and we need a traditional PF, but we have a great great chance of winning the championship this season with our two SF's, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Would you guys now give Turk the contract he wants and/or deserves, or sign and trade, or whatever. Your thoughts please.

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

i just don't know who we would replace him with. what other 3s in the league(besides the unobtainable ones) can run an offense?

Next year those shot are going to fall on the lap of the guy who's getting a big pay check (Lewis) 22 million next season he better make those shot but replace him with Troy Murphy

I have been going back and forth with Hedo this post season.

I've regularly been a huge supporter of Turk, but I felt he was a major factor to our struggles against Philly and Boston.

But in Game 6 & 7 against Boston, and now these last 2 against Cleveland, Turk has been clutch.

And thinking about it - we probably aren't in the Eastern Conference Finals right now if it's not for the Lewis / Turkoglu 1-2 punch. This creates a mismatch, you can only guard one of those guys, the other one will be a huge mismatch. I feel very comfortable with either one of those guys taking a big shot.

Honestly, I'm really hoping for the championship this year, because I don't know about our chances in the future if Turk leaves.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

how bout we don't worry bout this til after we win the title...a.k.a. the postseason is over

Kinda of my outlook, there is still basketball to be played. Hard to fully evaluate this team until the season is over.

For all we know Turk may choose to not even opt out with economy being bad and so many teams working to free up money for next summer.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

how bout we don't worry bout this til after we win the title...a.k.a. the postseason is over

Kinda of my outlook, there is still basketball to be played. Hard to fully evaluate this team until the season is over.

For all we know Turk may choose to not even opt out with economy being bad and so many teams working to free up money for next summer.

that would be the ideal situation for the magic. then they could see what hedo shows up before trade deadline.

if he continues the way he is playing though, even if we lose their series, i think he'll opt out.