Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Ha! We're tied with the Knicks.

I believe so BJ. I'm not entirely sure because there was a rule change last summer on the playoff seeding. I think that rule addressed playoff seeding for the second round and beyond.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Don't worry about the Knicks guys. I got a feeling the Magic are about to make a surge in the standings.

Since this thread is about the Eastern Conference standings I have one question. If the Magic made it to the 7th seed and the playoffs started today, wouldn't they play the Raptors in the first round?

Here's my thinking, Pistons are 1st and Wizards are 2nd seed with Raptors being 3rd.

If we are 7th seed you can't play someone from your own division(Wizards are 2nd) in the 1st round. Therefore, we would play the Raptors.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the rule change had to do with who had homecourt advantage. If the winner of the Atlantic had a worse record than the 6th seed then the 6th would get homecourt on them. I could be wrong on this.

Good new is that the knicks wont be playing the Magic,the final 20 games of the season,so Jabba the Hut A.k.a. Eddie Curry's,sorry piece of crap a s s won,t be palying like shaq.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Good new is that the knicks wont be playing the Magic,the final 20 games of the season,so Jabba the Hut A.k.a. Eddie Curry's,sorry piece of crap a s s won,t be palying like shaq.

Actually, we play the Knicks IN New York on March 26th.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Don't worry about the Knicks guys. I got a feeling the Magic are about to make a surge in the standings.

Since this thread is about the Eastern Conference standings I have one question. If the Magic made it to the 7th seed and the playoffs started today, wouldn't they play the Raptors in the first round?

Here's my thinking, Pistons are 1st and Wizards are 2nd seed with Raptors being 3rd.

If we are 7th seed you can't play someone from your own division(Wizards are 2nd) in the 1st round. Therefore, we would play the Raptors.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the rule change had to do with who had homecourt advantage. If the winner of the Atlantic had a worse record than the 6th seed then the 6th would get homecourt on them. I could be wrong on this.

So, am I correct in my thinking? I haven't seen anybody dispute my theory yet. The one in my original post that Marc responded too.

Guys, if we could get the 7th seed and really did play Toronto in the first round I would take that in a heartbeat!

First off, they are beatable cause in the playoffs defense's take over and they are a more offensive oriented team.

Secondly, I'm not exactly sure about their roster but they are probably younger and more inexperienced than we are.

Let's go Magic! Get the 7th seed! Bring on the Raptors!!

Ummm what Balljunkie?

In the playoffs divisons are thrown out, if we get the 7th we will play the Wizards.....

The rule change was to ensure that the 2 best teams in a conference dont play each other until the last round, last year the Spurs played the Mavs because of the 2nd and 3rd went to division winners, so the Spurs despite having the 2nd best record in the west got the 4th seed, so the rule change said that the winner of divison were guaranteed a top 4 spot yes, but if the 5th seed had a better record then the 4th they get homecourt and also that the top 4 would be decided by record.....

Kind of confusing I know.....

But in lamer terms the top 4 go 2 divison winners and one team that has a good record, but if the Spurs have a better record then both divison winners they get the second seed.....

Sorry if this is confusing Im am trying my best to explain this......

It works like this:

1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5

The only difference is that the Division winners get the top 3 seeds but overall record determines who has home court. If we get the 7th seed we are probably playing Washington, unless Toronto ends up with a better record than Washington (or whoever wins the Atlantic).

The only team I don't want to play against is the Pistons. We can beat all the other Eastern teams in a playoff series (if we improve like I expect of course).

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

this may be the most important week of the season for the Magic, this will most likely tell us if we are to have any shot of gettting into the playoffs......

I swear we have been saying this for the last 3 weeks.