Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Ha! We're tied with the Knicks.

I thought that was implied.....lol.........

So we are right where we were last year, 10th place..........

with 21 games left we need to win a couple in a row to get to the playoffs, we need to start dominating at home.........

So we need to take care of Bucks.......... Then the Bulls, an we need to beat Rockets, this may be the most important week of the season for the Magic, this will most likely tell us if we are to have any shot of gettting into the playoffs......

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I thought that was implied.....lol.........

So we are right where we were last year, 10th place..........

with 21 games left we need to win a couple in a row to get to the playoffs, we need to start dominating at home.........

So we need to take care of Bucks.......... Then the Bulls, an we need to beat Rockets, this may be the most important week of the season for the Magic, this will most likely tell us if we are to have any shot of gettting into the playoffs......

Basically, rich. Although I just can't envision the Knicks winning more than 35 games, it just won't happen. Later this season, we play the knicks, the heat, and the nets once more, and those will be key games. It's nice to know that the Nets play Texas in a few days. See how they like it! We're capable of competing with the best out there, but our guard defense is always a dilemma.

We need to get healthy (or just take Grant out back and flog him so he just STAYS OUT the rest of the season) before we can make our run.

It's funny the media and everyone used to talk about how much depth we have, but if you need all of that depth to be competitive, what good does it do you?

Maybe getting Battie back will be another big boost like it was to get Ariza back. That might be enough to push us back into the "green" again!

The Knicks just lost their #2 scorer and NJ is heading into a tough stretch. Miami is still teetering on the edge. We're still in good shape to get back to .500 and stay there, just one run away, guys, one run.

10/4 I think we need to keep old man g.hill out for the rest of the season and see what this team has without him,our schedule is gonna get easier starting monday,so it a good chance we will finsih right around 500.

I agree Erik, all grant brings to this team is an above average slasher who can only hit jumpers in the 10-13 range......

He bogs down our offensem a considerable amount, I think when Battie comes baq we will be healthy enough to make a solid push at the postseason.....

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

We need to get healthy (or just take Grant out back and flog him so he just STAYS OUT the rest of the season) before we can make our run.

It's funny the media and everyone used to talk about how much depth we have, but if you need all of that depth to be competitive, what good does it do you?

Maybe getting Battie back will be another big boost like it was to get Ariza back. That might be enough to push us back into the "green" again!

The Knicks just lost their #2 scorer and NJ is heading into a tough stretch. Miami is still teetering on the edge. We're still in good shape to get back to .500 and stay there, just one run away, guys, one run.

Battie coming back will be a big lift. Darko hasn't learned how to stay out of foul trouble yet and it will be nice to have a backup other than Outlaw and Garrity. I curse everytime I see one of those 2 get up to go in the game.

Now I will seriously lose my mind if Battie gets inserted back into the starting lineup.

quote:
I agree Erik, all grant brings to this team is an above average slasher who can only hit jumpers in the 10-13 range......

and that is a very bad thing at the 2 guard position.

Don't worry about the Knicks guys. I got a feeling the Magic are about to make a surge in the standings.

Since this thread is about the Eastern Conference standings I have one question. If the Magic made it to the 7th seed and the playoffs started today, wouldn't they play the Raptors in the first round?

Here's my thinking, Pistons are 1st and Wizards are 2nd seed with Raptors being 3rd.

If we are 7th seed you can't play someone from your own division(Wizards are 2nd) in the 1st round. Therefore, we would play the Raptors.

Correct me if I'm wrong.