Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Have we forgotten the Cavs are good?

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

The problem is, this whole post season, I don't remember one single game where somebody could argue that we got the calls and the other team got screwed.

There are a quite number of times it happened to us though.

That's why, it looks more systematic than not.

Come on dude...they didn't JUST make ****ing muppets for Kobe and LeBron for them NOT to face eachother in the finals. You think they're gonna make these dumb horribly unfunny muppet commercials and have the Cavs get swept by lil' ol Orlando? Seriously though, a heartbreaker tonight but we have control of this series now. We STILL have that.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

The problem is, this whole post season, I don't remember one single game where somebody could argue that we got the calls and the other team got screwed.

Come on dude...they didn't JUST make ****ing muppets for Kobe and LeBron for them NOT to face eachother in the finals. You think they're gonna make these dumb horribly unfunny muppet commercials and have the Cavs get swept by lil' ol Orlando? Seriously though, a heartbreaker tonight but we have control of this series now. We STILL have that.

actually i think those muppet commercials are funny as hell... alot better than those crap vitamin water comercials... swear i wanna just ***** smack that girl who just shouts at you about bron bron...

"You gotta be hungry lebron..." Chomp" SHTOMACGH GROWMLN!"

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

i don't think it's systematic. i think the problem is the referee's own bias whenever they buy into the hype.

the unwritten rule on perimeter players getting the benefit of the doubt are hell of annoying also. when that perimeter player is lbj, wade,kobe or pierce, the benefit of the doubt increases big time.

calls in the playoffs for perimeter superstar players seem to increase too.

on the other hand, look at howard's ft attempt in the regular season and his attempts this series. yes he is a superstar, but not a perimeter player. and there's not much hype since the media maligns him along with the whole magic team. add all that up and dwight would be lucky to reach 10 ft in a game.

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

When we beat the Celtics because Dwight blocked Paul Pierce, the refs were helping us out. You don't notice it because in your head, anytime a ref helps us out it is close enough for a fan to consider a good call. And, usually, when a ref helps out an opposing team it is close enough to be considered a bad call. All we can ask for is consistency and the officials lacked it tonight, specifically as it pertains to offensive fouls. Your telling me that Rashard was moving more when he took it on the break than Andy when he flopped against Hedo? It is bananas and that is one of the easier calls to make. If it is close, even it up. One close no call for one close no call, one call for one call.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Listen guys this win hurts. **** it hurts bad. But for ****'s sakes guys you act like everything is out to kill Orlando. The cavs were 66-16 this season for a reason. They were one of the best home teams in the league and won 8 straight in the playoffs and you all are expecting us to win both on the road?

Despite what everyone thinks. Guys the fix isnt in for a Kobe-LeBron finals. Denver is out playing LA and every one knows it, and in this series, Cleveland has shot only 5 more foul shots then we have and have had 4 more personal fouls called against them. Orlando got three positive calls their way in the last minute tonight, LeBron just hit a shot that an MVP makes. I still think hedo should have taken more time off the clock and taken that shot just before the buzzer. he made a great play and kudos to him, but with a guy like lebron on the other side and the other team with a time out you cant leave a sec on the clock.

Truth be told, everyone can say Cleveland is lucky they aren't down 2-0 right now, but it can also be said the same to Orlando. Mo got a good look for the win in Game one and if he hits that suddenly orlando is headed home with must wins. Throw in the fact that cleveland couldnt hold on to a 16 and 23 point lead and f'd up as bad in the second half as we did in the first and the Magic are just as lucky as they are.

Moral of the story guys. Its the Conference Finals. Two fantastic teams playing. Defensive player of the year vs. the mvp. Orlando went into the most hostile crowd in the NBA and got the split. We showed up and played our buts off in both games and let the cavs know that nothing about them intimidates the magic.

PS- you all pissed still? Well then show up at game 3 and show the cavs that the Q isnt the only hostile place in the NBA.

Shut up. If you want to be a Cavs fan and show all this love. If a man throws a ball at someone and don't get a tech, I can not take the officiating serious. And that proved true throughout the whole game. They might have won 66 games, but they are not on the Magic level. So you can give all this credit their way, but this team is getting assisted JUST to hang with the Magic.

i'll take the hardline here and say that, yes, the cavs are crap. undoubtedly so.

the cleveland cavaliers are nothing more than a one-man team with an overgrown steve francis as their centerpiece, a poor man's jason terry in the secondary role, a floppy vagina at power forward and a merry band of has-beens, never-wases and d-leaguers playing bit roles. all coached by a hack who makes george karl seem cerebral in comparison.

i should also add that cavs fans and lebron james sycophants--especially those in the media--are subhuman filth.

there. it's been said because it needed to be said.

quote:
Originally posted by 3 years left:

Shut up. If you want to be a Cavs fan and show all this love. If a man throws a ball at someone and don't get a tech, I can not take the officiating serious. And that proved true throughout the whole game. They might have won 66 games, but they are not on the Magic level. So you can give all this credit their way, but this team is getting assisted JUST to hang with the Magic.

wow your gonna accuse me of wanting to be a cavs fan when youve only been on this board for less than two weeks and ive been on it for more than a year?

you my friend are the epitome of a troll. Someone who only gets involved with this team right when the playoffs are starting to heat up. Fairweathered fan to the extrordinare.

I love the Magic and get my emotions way to wrapped up into this team, but I am a fan of the game of basketball even more and I will call a spade a spade. The fact is Orlando has not played up to their level yet in both games of this series. In fact they really only have played a complete game only twice this entire playoffs during the two first rounds clinching games.

I respect the Magic's will to never quit but I want to see more commitment from this team. And guess what you moronic troll? The Orlando Players and coaches know it. Thats why they dont whine about referee calls during the post game. The know they havent played up to par.

Their will always be bad refereeing in sports. End of discussion. But referees cant do it all and no matter what the better team eventually wins. Orlando is the better team and will win they eventually get their minds right and play a complete game.

Oh and next time you call someone out? come with some stronger stuff rookie.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by 3 years left:

wow your gonna accuse me of wanting to be a cavs fan when youve only been on this board for less than two weeks and ive been on it for more than a year?

you my friend are the epitome of a troll. Someone who only gets involved with this team right when the playoffs are starting to heat up. Fairweathered fan to the extrordinare.

I love the Magic and get my emotions way to wrapped up into this team, but I am a fan of the game of basketball even more and I will call a spade a spade. The fact is Orlando has not played up to their level yet in both games of this series. In fact they really only have played a complete game only twice this entire playoffs during the two first rounds clinching games.

I respect the Magic's will to never quit but I want to see more commitment from this team. And guess what you moronic troll? The Orlando Players and coaches know it. Thats why they dont whine about referee calls during the post game. The know they havent played up to par.

Their will always be bad refereeing in sports. End of discussion. But referees cant do it all and no matter what the better team eventually wins. Orlando is the better team and will win they eventually get their minds right and play a complete game.

Oh and next time you call someone out? come with some stronger stuff rookie.

What's your point. I don't have to come stronger for anything especially your lame a**. Because you were here a year ago makes you the ultimate fan. So what. So when you joined a year ago you were a bandwagon fan too? dumbass everybody signs up at some point. But keep thinking you're spitting knowledge to people you don't know if it makes you feel better. And that troll business is the gayest name I have ever heard, but it's coming from you so I'll just leave it at that.